It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neolithic Mongolian Statue pieced together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I was surprised to see the following little fellow and his re-preserved likeness while reviewing things.

HOHHOT - Archaeologists of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences have finished reconstituting a 5,300-year-old pottery statue from fragments unearthed in North China's Inner Mongolia autonomous region, it was announced on Saturday.

The debris of the pottery statue was found at the Xinglonggou relics site in Aohan banner of Chifeng city in May.

Archaeologists repair a pottery statue found in Aohan Banner, North China's Inner Mongolia autonomous region, July 3, 2012. [Photo/Xinhua]

They appear to have dates, but are confused about who he maybe.

Experts began to excavate the debris on June 30, and finished restoring the statue on Friday, said Liu Guoxiang, leader of the first archaeology team of Inner Mongolia.

The restored seated figure is 55-cm high with big bulging eyes, a high nose and vivid facial expression. It was pieced together from 65 fragments.

"The statue may be of a wizard or leader in the famous Hongshan Culture period (a Neolithic culture dating back 5,000-6,000 years)," added Liu.

I thought some here would appreciate this early pottery find. Also some material on the Hongshan to review, if one would be interested.

According to the Wiki Page, it seems this was a pottery center

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Yes it is appreciated!

I've assembled pottery from shards before, it can be a daunting task*, they did a good job

*If you ever volunteer to work at an archaeological site that involves pottery be careful when answering the following two questions, do you have children and do you like jig saw puzzles? If you say yes to both, expect to shown a cardboard box full of shards- for you to reassemble

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

I find it interesting that the knee jerk theory when finding these objects that it must of been a god or someone high up. But really, I have many sculptures that I bought and some that I made and they are of no one important. We seem to think that the ancients were too stupid or busy with survival to have decorations adorning their homes and areas.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

WELL SAID... I always have wondered why every different type of building they ever find is always a Temple to some God... hell maybe they just liked to live in big giant buildings. Look around.. how many Temples are we leaving to some one to dig up ages from now..

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
An interesting group, these peoples appear to be. The Wiki Page Hongshan Culture spoke a bit about their interests and noted they found a goddess temple, for the presumed find of another character of Clay with inlaid Jade Eyes.

Reviewing another site that spoke of the Jades of the Hongshan culture : the dragon and fertility cult worship it was interesting that a Proud son of Heaven would appear to be a considered origin for these people. Hu does carry that meaning, Proud son of Heaven.

There are of course, other finds which are noted, bearing reference to several Cultural/Dynastic periods, but the Hongshan predate these, according to researchers.

From the Wiki Page, I also noted the following.

Whatever the linguistic affinity of the ancient denizens, Hongshan culture is believed to have exerted an influence on the development of early Chinese civilization.[14]. Hongshan culture may also have contributed to the development of settlements in ancient Korea, according to Keith Pratt.[15]

These people seem to be quite unique.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

While I appreciate your comments, and I do understand your position, I expect much of those questions tend to be answered when further details are presented on what other items have been located within the "said structure".

Saying that, I would also suggest, (only as another matter to consider, and part of my own personal opinion), I believe this whole planet once had a singular form of worship, which I think you have even hinted at, although not spelled out in these specific words elsewhere.

To myself, it would have predated the "Adam" period, where at this time, things broke down and there became a mass of lessor gods and deities that morphed themselves into the mix. The worship remained basically the same as before, but the center piece of that worship became the "lessor god or deity" apposed to their "Father". The Holy Days remained, The Rites remained, The Feast remained, but the Sacrifice was amended to say, the first born of the neighboring tribe, or a virgin, apposed to the Lamb or Calf, that seems to be spelled out in the Family Tree of the Adamic Peoples.

But I thought it would also be fair to comment, since there is quite a bit of detailed findings from this specific site, and from what they suggest they have found, one can be led to believe they found what they did within a structure that was intended for the worship of the said lessor god or deity.

Ciao

Shane

top topics

join