It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

theChristianatheist Introduction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by theChristianatheist

I'm not going to bash you either. In fact, I flagged your post for it's in your face statement that contradicts yourself, but then we all do that, so there you go. I was a Christian who became a Wiccan after finding the Goddess, consort to God and Mother of us all. I am the one Christians hate and Atheists cannot understand. I am the one shining a light on everything religions hold as Holy, their book, their Gods, and their trappings. I look forward to hearing more from you.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I'm not going to bash you either. In fact, I flagged your post for it's in your face statement that contradicts yourself, but then we all do that, so there you go. I was a Christian who became a Wiccan after finding the Goddess, consort to God and Mother of us all. I am the one Christians hate and Atheists cannot understand. I am the one shining a light on everything religions hold as Holy, their book, their Gods, and their trappings. I look forward to hearing more from you.

I don't hate you because you believe different and i certainly don't because of your honest post. I'm glad you found your way to something to believe in. Faith in any form can be a powerful thing to have in your life. Thank you for posting Autowrench

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I honestly believe that religion is purely a way to control the masses, making fat cat preachers ritcher for the promise of eternal salvation.

It's a tool which the church has been using for years, in England in medievil times, when a person was on their death bed, they had a choice to leave their land to the church or the king.

Obviously most chose the church because after all they're going to die anyway.

Remember too that christianity, at one point or another must of been a cult.

It winds me up when people confuse 'chance' and 'coincidence' with gods devine intervention. Or 'death' and 'bad fortune' with Gods devine plan or design.

When I started dating my now wife, I used to go to church on Sundays just to keep her family happy. I saw first hand how the pastor instantly convinced people to jump on his ideals.

He was talking about Dolly the sheep, a sheep that was cloned quite some time ago. In science, this was a huge break through with the chance to contribute drastically to life saving research.

The pastor announced that dolly the sheep had been cloned and as soon as he said it was bad, EVERYONE immediately jumped on the band wagon and prayed that it would never happen again. People who before that Sunday morning had never heard or cared about cloning. This, demonstrates to me that Christians are not moral or rational people. To me it is totally rediculous.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnyelland1234
I honestly believe that religion is purely a way to control the masses, making fat cat preachers ritcher for the promise of eternal salvation.

It's a tool which the church has been using for years, in England in medievil times, when a person was on their death bed, they had a choice to leave their land to the church or the king.

It winds me up when people confuse 'chance' and 'coincidence' with gods devine intervention. Or 'death' and 'bad fortune' with Gods devine plan or design.

When I started dating my now wife, I used to go to church on Sundays just to keep her family happy. I saw first hand how the pastor instantly convinced people to jump on his ideals.

He was talking about Dolly the sheep, a sheep that was cloned quite some time ago. In science, this was a huge break through with the chance to contribute drastically to life saving research.

The pastor announced that dolly the sheep had been cloned and as soon as he said it was bad, EVERYONE immediately jumped on the band wagon and prayed that it would never happen again. People who before that Sunday morning had never heard or cared about cloning. This, demonstrates to me that Christians are not moral or rational people. To me it is totally rediculous.

Thank you for posting your views Johny,

Allot of what you say makes sense and is the same as how i used to feel too. I don't know what to tell you or how to describe it to you. I'm not one of these born again fanatics nor am i someone who has fully devoted himself to the church, The best i can tell you in my journey is that i had this feeling, this wake up call that i was being pulled and it led me to the church and there i found God and my faith. The difference is with me is that i was never forced into it, It was something i was seeing on the news and in everyday life and mocking and using logic to break it and suddenly i was changed. No words can describe what happened to me, Going from the way i was to the way i am now.

As you said though in your excellent point i do indeed still think allot of things is coincidence and i hate when religion jumps on something and says "It's a miracle" I remember dolly the sheep and how religion jumped on it as a sin. If dolly the sheep led to medical breakthroughs then it would suddenly be seen as a miracle and I'd be thinking "Make up your mind" In my church the pastor didn't say much about it but he did say "How amazing is God giving us so much ability" He never said it was sin and he never said it was great.

Thank you for posting your opinion and views on my Introduction, It was good to read your personal views on something with no direct attack, just opinion and debate.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by theChristianatheist

Allot of what you say makes sense and is the same as how i used to feel too. I don't know what to tell you or how to describe it to you. I'm not one of these born again fanatics nor am i someone who has fully devoted himself to the church, The best i can tell you in my journey is that i had this feeling, this wake up call that i was being pulled and it led me to the church and there i found God and my faith. The difference is with me is that i was never forced into it, It was something i was seeing on the news and in everyday life and mocking and using logic to break it and suddenly i was changed. No words can describe what happened to me, Going from the way i was to the way i am now.

As you said though in your excellent point i do indeed still think allot of things is coincidence and i hate when religion jumps on something and says "It's a miracle" I remember dolly the sheep and how religion jumped on it as a sin. If dolly the sheep led to medical breakthroughs then it would suddenly be seen as a miracle and I'd be thinking "Make up your mind" In my church the pastor didn't say much about it but he did say "How amazing is God giving us so much ability" He never said it was sin and he never said it was great.

Thank you for posting your opinion and views on my Introduction, It was good to read your personal views on something with no direct attack, just opinion and debate.

Of course, you can believe whatever you want, you don't have to prove anything to anyone.

It's good to see someone that isn't a over the top preacher that doesn't listen to sense, we have many that feel that they are 'soldiers of god'.

Welcome to the forums

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Of course, you can believe whatever you want, you don't have to prove anything to anyone.

It's good to see someone that isn't a over the top preacher that doesn't listen to sense, we have many that feel that they are 'soldiers of god'.

Welcome to the forums

Thank you Johny, I'm glad i gave you the right impression on myself. I hope i can meet others who share my views and can help me on my journey. Every comment i am getting is different views from different people and I'm enjoying reading them all.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
revelation 18 "for she says in her heart i sit a queen and am no widow , and i shall not suffer the loss of children..

"

therefore who invented the moral law was not anyone currently or beforetimes presupposing to own the rights thereto .

the moral law and categorical punishment is hereby stated . futurism users being neither or

Revelations 18 Verse ?? In which Bible?

Verse whatever //6 of Revelation 18 in _THE Bible

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

revelation 18 "for she says in her heart i sit a queen and am no widow , and i shall not suffer the loss of children..

"

therefore who invented the moral law was not anyone currently or beforetimes presupposing to own the rights thereto .

the moral law and categorical punishment is hereby stated . futurism users being neither or

Revelations 18 Verse ?? In which Bible?

Verse whatever //6 of Revelation 18 in _THE Bible

I didn't find the quote you made. Also with the bible i meant NIV, Good day, King James ect.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Ok bro , well it is there in any bible , matters not which version or translation . And this quote/other examples are there , not for no reason , as indicated .

If I were able to explain , really properly what is meant , then you might understand ? The Johnny Englands of this world , are often good brothers too , whom I respect . They are of the fold ,and on the path , but are not there yet . When you take away the un-necessary front you are giving off still , refined characters hopefully develop. Within you , it is a deep seated desire to see justice which brings on thought on these topics , and further the presentation of labels , the indignifying inquests into religious practises and beleifs , are a quest for the truth , no matter what stage you are at. Thereby , eventually , you'll understand .

There never was more justice available than pure justice . There is my/our God , the God of _Life .Now you see it , now you dont . But what word is this they have translated ? The Eternal Master of Justice is a bi-latteral arrangment . Where are Judges called Justice of the Peace ? At proper practise of Law is where , beneath shield and buckler , banner and crown they sit . To be judged on their judgement , and woe betide the corrupt fools . Only ever forward with righteousness
Understand the text before decrying them , and there is much to decry in the bible (the books of Paul/christianity)
But when you find where the really holy bits are , there is a ultra -radical plug pulling on all organised religions , veritably more effectively thorough condemnations , than any atheist can expose .

It doesnt stop there . We have or had problems with politics , economics , childrens issues ,food .There is no better lines on these than the ones plumbed to perfection , in days long gone by , and faithfully recorded , as unchangeable , no matter whose translation . The 3 Oxford Martyrs were burned at the stake for being there , to stop the evil catholics from changing the ordinance , the literal words of the books.
Their tasks and the tasks undergone in the preservation of these terms of life , are not to be taken lightly and were never intended to be written off. People pretend to recently invent , things which were known for years

"Measuring line upon measuring line upon measuring line , command upon command upon command.." Isaiah
edit on 16-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I am afraid I don't "get" the title of "Christian Atheist". An atheist is someone who doesn't have a belief in God, yet you talk about God as if you do believe...

I can understand believing that Jesus was a real person and still being an atheist, but since the definition of atheist is one who holds no belief in God, I'm afraid your belief in God is too contradictory for my brain.

If you believe in God, why do you call yourself an atheist? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He is here to answer the question , howling , "Whose bones ..?.. are scattered at the mouth of She---ol?? "

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Ok bro , well it is there in any bible , matters not which version or translation . And this quote/other examples are there , not for no reason , as indicated .

If I were able to explain , really properly what is meant , then you might understand ? The Johnny Englands of this world , are often good brothers too , whom I respect . They are of the fold ,and on the path , but are not there yet . When you take away the un-necessary front you are giving off still , refined characters hopefully develop. Within you , it is a deep seated desire to see justice which brings on thought on these topics , and further the presentation of labels , the indignifying inquests into religious practises and beleifs , are a quest for the truth , no matter what stage you are at. Thereby , eventually , you'll understand .

There never was more justice available than pure justice . There is my/our God , the God of _Life .Now you see it , now you dont . But what word is this they have translated ? The Eternal Master of Justice is a bi-latteral arrangment . Where are Judges called Justice of the Peace ? At proper practise of Law is where , beneath shield and buckler , banner and crown they sit . To be judged on their judgement , and woe betide the corrupt fools . Only ever forward with righteousness
Understand the text before decrying them , and there is much to decry in the bible (the books of Paul/christianity)
But when you find where the really holy bits are , there is a ultra -radical plug pulling on all organised religions , veritably more effectively thorough condemnations , than any atheist can expose .

It doesnt stop there . We have or had problems with politics , economics , childrens issues ,food .There is no better lines on these than the ones plumbed to perfection , in days long gone by , and faithfully recorded , as unchangeable , no matter whose translation . The 3 Oxford Martyrs were burned at the stake for being there , to stop the evil catholics from changing the ordinance , the literal words of the books.
Their tasks and the tasks undergone in the preservation of these terms of life , are not to be taken lightly and were never intended to be written off. People pretend to recently invent , things which were known for years

"Measuring line upon measuring line upon measuring line , command upon command upon command.." Isaiah
edit on 16-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

That was a good read ZIPMATT, While i couldn't follow some things you were saying i did however understand most. I now see the point you have and it's a good pointer to make. Thank you for sharing your views with me i found them to be very unique. I hope you will consider posting more for me.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Welcome to ATS.

I am afraid I don't "get" the title of "Christian Atheist". An atheist is someone who doesn't have a belief in God, yet you talk about God as if you do believe...

I can understand believing that Jesus was a real person and still being an atheist, but since the definition of atheist is one who holds no belief in God, I'm afraid your belief in God is too contradictory for my brain.

If you believe in God, why do you call yourself an atheist? Just curious.

Thank you Heretic. I understand how crazy it is to claim to be both so bare with me as i try to explain the basics.

Atheist as Christian can be defined under many ways and reasoning. The basis for Atheist as you said is someone who doesn't believe in God. Just as the Basic of Christian is someone who does. In these days we live many people call themselves Christians/Catholics/Islam and yet do not follow the religion personally and have no interest in doing so, Just as an Atheist will Deny the existence of a God yet studies religion in order to debunk it. The Atheists in fact would spend more time studying than the "Religious" people claiming they are holy but not following.

This is where both lines of both titles are a grey area, How can someone call themselves religious but not live for god? Just as someone calls themselves Atheist yet still continues on the path they deny is an actual path?

I consider my term "The Christian Atheist" as someone who does believe in a divine creator, Lives his life based on what that creator asks and yet still finds the need to satisfy his curiosity and questioning about religion and does not "sucker" in too today's standards of "nutters" fighting on both teams. I enjoy hearing both sides. Whatever faith, If you have a story i will listen.

I don't deny God but i also don't fully believe what religion has become and believe truth can be found by investigating my faith. So many people told me not to question just to accept but in today's logical thinking society, how? My Christian belifes keep me with God and my Atheist path gives me questions. That's how i would define a Christian Atheist my friend.

If you ever get time, look up a book by Craig Groeschel titled the Christian atheist, Even if you're a devout follower or an Atheist the book works for both sides and is very educational and inspiring.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join