It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. Landslide: 4 Still Missing/Buried & Mountain Still Moving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Strange that the only stations that seem to be covering this is local. I live about 10 minutes from here and it is absolutely heart wrenching to wait and see if any will come out alive. I can't see it happening tho. All the mud is still moving and if they had any air pockets, the shifting could very well be closing those.

There are local rumors that the girls are talking to rescuers by cell phone but if they are, it's not being released to the public for whatever reason. The mother is in Florida and of course feels helpless. The rescuers can't do anything because everything is still moving. Damn!

I usually don't post stuff like this but it's hitting our community hard and I had to put it out there since the news outlets are slow as usual.

I'm not a praying man but my thoughts are with all of them as well as our neighbors.

ETA:

www.globaltvbc.com...

By mid-afternoon, geotechnicians and landslide experts declared the area safe for searchers, said Central Kootenay Regional District spokesman Bill Macpherson. Macpherson said emergency responders with heavy equipment reached one of the homes. They were carrying avalanche beacons and transmitters for their own safety.

"In spite of ongoing debris movement and continued slope instability, the search of the landslide at Johnsons Landing has resumed this afternoon," Macpherson said in a news release Friday.

So looks like they are saying they can go in now but the locals are saying that they aren't doing anything yet. I'll wait until I hear more from the locals.

Peace

And here is what happened and is still happening:

edit on 14-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Doesn't seme big news globally, but I did pick it up on my blog this morning and will be following developments.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
reply to post by jude11

Doesn't seme big news globally, but I did pick it up on my blog this morning and will be following developments.

I guess you have to be buried in a mine shaft to gain any attention these days. Either that or be a kitten down a well.

It's all about what's sexy at the moment. I also did a search on google and all I got was more miners trapped and rescued in China.

Peace

edit on 14-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

To be fair, even I only had it as an uncomment link

weatherearthnews.blogspot.co.uk...

The news story: www.bbc.co.uk...

(it has at least made UK news)

But I will be looking for follow up stories

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
reply to post by jude11

To be fair, even I only had it as an uncomment link

weatherearthnews.blogspot.co.uk...

The news story: www.bbc.co.uk...

(it has at least made UK news)

But I will be looking for follow up stories

A few people came in earlier and told me that there is still movement on the mountain so the rescuers are a bit stalled in places. Can't blame them on that but it's frustrating as hell.

I don't know the girls but in this area I'll guarantee that many of my customers do.

Peace

top topics

join