It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama staffer dies, has facebook page removed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I googled the facebook page of the dead staffer Alex Okrent, www.facebook.com... It conveniently has the message: "The page you requested was not found.
You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.
Return home
Go back to the previous page.

Nothing surprises me coming out of Chicago. Maybe he was a possible obama lover who knows.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The illuminati are a stern mistress.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by volcom2308

Any reason you think this is out of the ordinary? Its pretty standard that when a person passes on, you remove all their web profiles, and web related sites. And then memorial site is added by close friend or family member.
Its a part of the closure process friends and family must go through.

Ive suffered much death in my life. And each person that goes. Its pretty routine for us to take down their yahoo profiles, facebook, myspace.. ect. ect. Getting rid of all their worldly possessions, estate sales ect.
They are gone.. Why do they need a page here, that is for the living.
The dead get memorial pages. And grave stones.
No need for "stuff" here or in the cyber world now a days.
Yes, the internet changed how we deal with death too, its just more "stuff". Just in a different phase of space.

Not trying to knock your OP. If you can provide us with a deeper agenda, I am all ears.

Paramedics were called to the Prudential Building where Alex Okrent was given emergency treatment, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. Okrent, who worked in Obama's paid media department, was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

They do not say what the cause of death was. But does not seem suspicious to me here, Am I missing something?
edit on 14-7-2012 by zysin5 because: 1.2

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What they should do is leave it up there so all the miscreants can go posting on the wall and leaving /b/tard comments.

No?

Why not then?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
From what I understand , It can be somewhat difficult to get a facebook closed after the death of a loved one, unless they have the password of course.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"/b/tards" can submit their opinion if they want to about the person in question should they like. However, what is upsetting is that a single phone call from the white-house can change something so quickly. Please remember that Obama now has the internet kill switch. I want my FB account deleted but they make it almost impossible to delete all of your comments around all websites and likes etc... They can't just run a script for me? Jeeze... Disabling isn't the same as deleting, mind you.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
29 year old Obama campaigner died in their Chicago office.......suspicious?

www.nydailynews.com... inksEnabled=false

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
weird he has been with the team since before the 2004 bid. Must had known some information. 8+ years is a long time.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Where is it specified who had the account closed? How do you know it was not a family member?

Oh I see, the white house must be pulling secret strings.. hiding the truth.. or something.. Got ya!

And you know very well that /b/tards don't leave "Oh I'm sorry for your loss" comments.. Hence the specific reference to them.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

As another poster said, this is likely general FB policy for dead members. That said, I tried to google FB policy for death of members, and I must say: it's hard to get a straight answer on the protocol. The most I found was that non-friends cannot see the person's wall/page/whatever (I'm not a MyFace member, so I don't know all the particulars of the semantics of the site). But it stands to reason that this isn't prima facie evidence of a conspiracy of any sort.

To the original poster: did you research FB policy for dead members before creating this post? If not, then you didn't do due dilligence.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

As another poster said, this is likely general FB policy for dead members. That said, I tried to google FB policy for death of members, and I must say: it's hard to get a straight answer on the protocol. The most I found was that non-friends cannot see the person's wall/page/whatever (I'm not a MyFace member, so I don't know all the particulars of the semantics of the site). But it stands to reason that this isn't prima facie evidence of a conspiracy of any sort.

To the original poster: did you research FB policy for dead members before creating this post? If not, then you didn't do due dilligence.

The fact that it was closed is not suspicious. The fact that it was clsed SO FAST and SO SOON after the death is suspicious. But we know that you probably get paid to say that stuff so carry on.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Everyone should "post like they're going to die tomorrow.

Wha will your legacy be?

DEL.*.* ?
Or what you wrote?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy of any kind, I'm just stating that for the government it's ridiculously easy to manipulate what they need to manipulate. The same thing happens with news articles, if the government doesn't like it, the news agency tells them to remove it, even though it could be important for the American people. I doubt this facebook page had any form of importance, but it's the principle of the matter.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Fair enough, but they are a pretty big thing. I don't for one moment think the guy had anything on his fb that could be considered worthy of deletion, but I do think that if the need was there, fb can and have taken down peoples pages at the request of family members, especially if it's something that will garner unwanted attention right now.

The guy died. People die at work all the time. But he would have certainly accrued the level of interest that his family wouldn't want right now.

I don't see the reason this thread exists to be honest..

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
From what I understand , It can be somewhat difficult to get a facebook closed after the death of a loved one, unless they have the password of course.

abcnews.go.com...

He was at work. No doubt ON FACEBOOK. They took it down immediately.

top topics

join