It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment has become a wedge issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Those Jobs will NEVER come back.

Who's going to compete with the Chinese Slave labor working for 35 cents an hour?

We have Corporations running D.C. and they run it for themselves and their buddies. They were the ones that caused the economic recession, they are the ones that are outsources jobs and keeping Americans unemployed.

And what's the worst part? They offer us their "solution" which are tax cuts for themselves and to slash benefits and welfare programs for the middle class and the poor.

Why on earth should working-class Americans pay for the mess these people started?

Corporate Taxes don't create jobs here in America, they create jobs overseas.

The only solution to the flood of imports are tariffs, barriers and home manufacturing.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

What do you propose to do?..I would start by maybe taking the cuts and using them for infrastructure labored by the lower class to at least get a boost.....lower everything down from wages to( government
edit on 13-7-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

What do you mean 'those jobs'? Jobs are not some kind of finite resource. You don't have to enter a trade war with China to get 'those jobs' back before you start creating new jobs.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
better incentives for corporations to setup shop in the USA is needed.
Should take a leaf out of the UK recent initiative. they have quite a few incentives for starting a business there( they are basically giving money away to entrepreneurs, foreign and domestic, to start up there).
I'll try to find the article i was reading the other day.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join