It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Might Be In TROUBLE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Carseller4

reply to post by phantomjack

Just a thought here... if this blows up (like really blows up) and Romney withdraws from the race, would that mean Ron Paul would be the nominee since he's the only one left?

Wow you Ron Paul people are past pathetic.

Very sad.

Wow you anti-Paul people are past pathetic.

I never said anything about being pro-Ron Paul. I was asking what the conclusion would be if Mitt Romney backed out. I think that's a pretty neutral question.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

Santorum and Gingrich are as much in the race as Ron Paul is. All 3 have only suspended campaigns.

All you did was put evil ideas in the heads of Ron Paul fans. Most are not mentally stable, very delusional, no telling what they will do once their cult leader fades away for good.

I'm pretty sure Newt and Rick dropped out. Ron Paul never formally suspended anything and still collected delegates.

And your depiction of Ron Paul supporters is both unfair and ignorant. I could just as easily say the same things about anybody short-sighted enough to even consider voting for Romney. I don't remember Ron Paul playing dress-up and harassing people with a fake police car. You really want to talk about "delusional" and "cult"? The Romney supporters are ever bit as cult-like as Ron Paul supporters.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Cuervo because: Redacted a religiously bigoted statement that is very uncharacteristic of me. Sorry to those that read it...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Just a thought here... if this blows up (like really blows up) and Romney withdraws from the race, would that mean Ron Paul would be the nominee since he's the only one left?

Actually...It's much worse than that at this point. We're back to the first fear of a convention fail and that is a convention in contention. A floor fight. They are exceptionally rare, historically speaking, but it would open this to anyone. You. Me. Anyone...in theory. That would be people at the Convention, as I understood it in my Poli-sci course in the Spring. It'd get real wild real quick. The only way that would be avoided....and technically SHOULD be, would be Dr Paul getting a straight vote up on the first round, first try. That would avoid the floor fight. That simply won't happen though, so it blows into full contention.

The News shows would go absolutely wild, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

I agree 100%, he is in huge trouble, and right before there convention.

His name appears on SEC paperwork he was the boss, now he needs to release his tax returns, but I doubt that happens.

Yes it reminmds me of a birth certificate issue sombody had.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Ok. So I will swallow that he was busy with the Olympics. But why was he getting paid $100,000 as listed on his SEC filings as income? Is not that "free stuff"?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Actually...It's much worse than that at this point. We're back to the first fear of a convention fail and that is a convention in contention. A floor fight. They are exceptionally rare, historically speaking, but it would open this to anyone. You. Me. Anyone...in theory. That would be people at the Convention, as I understood it in my Poli-sci course in the Spring. It'd get real wild real quick. The only way that would be avoided....and technically SHOULD be, would be Dr Paul getting a straight vote up on the first round, first try. That would avoid the floor fight. That simply won't happen though, so it blows into full contention.

Well if it's a Battle Royale in the GOP squared circle, I'm putting my money on a surprise tag-in from Jesse "The Body". I'm pretty sure he'd get Dr. Paul's back so I'm guessing they'd be the tag-team champions of the night. I just hope Vince McMahon stays out of this one.

PS Edit - I had no idea all that crap would happen, thanks for filling me in.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Cuervo because: ps edit

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If Romney were lying to such a degree that it would basically end any chance of him becoming President, the Party Convention would never pick him. Because of this it could lead to a floor fight. The last time we experienced a near floor fight was in 1976 between President Gerald Ford and candidate Ronald Reagan. Because at the conclusion of the primaries neither Ford nor Reagan had a majority of the delegates this led to them having to woo the uncommitted delegates into their camps. Anyone familiar with history knows that President Ford won, going on to challenge Jimmy Carter in the autumn of '76.

Most likely Romney would concede his delegates, leaving them uncommitted. Since Ron Paul is still officially in the race the possibility of him receiving the delegates would appear to be inevitable, but it does not have to be. Since these delegates would be uncommitted the GOP bosses could pick any random person willing to become the candidate of the party bosses, they would push for the delegates of then withdrawn Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum. Basically this does nothing to benefit Ron Paul because the party bosses would simply put forward someone they choose who would most likely receive the delegates of those three withdrawn candidates.

I could be wrong about this since I am definitely not an expert on how the convention process works today, but from reading about past conventions that seems the most likely course.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Great, now we have Bainers, quick somebody go tell the Birthers.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yeah, SURE!!! Romney's not dirty. The actions of the Bank he ran have nothing to do with him, and those offshore bank accounts as well.

Most people aren't so stupid as to believe that Obama is responsible for the economic train wreck left by the republican controlled admin of GW.

It is frauds like Romney who engineered this disaster. Making Romney POTUS after what bankers have do e to this country, and the world, would be FUBAB.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If either obama or Romney were examined closely, neither would pass muster, both are dirty, only I prefer Romney to obama. As for being a Mormon, that makes no difference. I lived probably 20 years total in Utah, and there I was the most prosperous, and the people the most kind and moral of any I'd been around ever.. And no, I wasn't a Mormon. But the Mormon thing doesn't affect a thing, I think once he's elected people will find out, and even if they do not like Mormon stuff will find them no threat in any way. A non-event, other than maybe a little bragging. I don't trust obama what so ever, zero. The man's not to be left out of sight, if you do you'll likely be sorry in short order. It's history so far, he can't hide it.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't support either of these idiots, but Obama has no right demanding Romney to do anything. He has kept quite a few secrets himself, unless you think that a doctored PDF you can take apart in Illustrator (has layer files) of his birth certificate is real, lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

unless you think that a doctored PDF you can take apart in Illustrator (has layer files) of his birth certificate is real, lol.

two elections, a Donald Trump and Sheriff Joe investigation, and 3 plus years as President and nobody has still been able to prove to a court that he is not a US citizen.

Sounds real to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

The Mormon church is more tax exempt corporation than religion.

mobile.businessweek.com...

Those people worship money.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Paul doesn't have the required delegated to outright that the nomination if Romney were to drop. It would be a brokered convention then. Anyone could get the nomination then. It could be someone who has not be running for office.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

There's even more coming out. 2003 reports. This is why he hides those tax reports. We need to look at them. The truth about his true motives are in those tax reports. After November, we will never have this chance again.

This man is dangerous.

So with that reasoning, catch some one BEFORE they become President, because after that your chances on finding out ANYTHING is as good as Obama hiding it ?

Thats the 20000 drone in American skies question of the Day.......

BTW, will Obama ever show ANY of his past, to the American public, that is not fabricated, or written by someone else?

They are all dangerous.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Bain Capital Asia consultant Kevin Cheng helped outsource American spy tech to China for sale to Iran. (Romney helped outsource spy equipment to Iran through China?). Bain Capital outsourced jobs to China and Mexico, and gutted companies through bankruptcy, even as Bain Capital reaped millions in reward.

No wonder Romney wants to distance himself from Bain Capital. :Let me ask you this - if he was proud of Bain Capital, wouldn't he be owning up to his involvement with the company he founded? Instead, he is backpedaling from it and lying to us about whether he was in charge after 1999 or not. Well, Bain Capital filed SEC documents that clearly state he WAS the CEO and single largest owner of the company. That means in spite of his lies, he was indeed responsible for the decisions made at Bain Capital.

Bain Capital is an un-American company full of greed designed to make the owners very wealthy, no matter what the consequence, even if it means sending jobs and our technology overseas to countries like China - whatever it takes to make Mitts another cool million.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Romney isn't 'in trouble' ... know why? ... because he never had a prayer of winning in November anyways. 4 months from now his name will drop from the news and you'll most likely never hear about him again. He'll be a two time POTUS-Wannabe who couldn't win.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I honestly don't understand people getting hung up on this stuff. Isn't it pretty common knowledge that to even get to that level, you have to be corrupt.

On a side note, Romney looks like the most stereotypical rich douchebag ever. Like, of I was castin a film for a part called "Rich Douchebag," I'd cast him on appearance alone.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

because he never had a prayer of winning in November anyways.

Are you ok my friend?

You haven't given up on him already, have you?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
Hey Gang,

With comments that the President made today regarding the Romney-Bain Capital-SEC Filings that are under intense attack by the White House, I think that Romney might be in political trouble.

“My understanding is that Mr. Romney attested to the SEC, multiple times, that he was the chairman, CEO and president of Bain Capital and I think most Americans figure if you are the chairman, CEO and president of a company that you are responsible for what that company does,” Obama said.
Obama told Scott Thuman of WJLA, the ABC affiliate in the Washington, D.C., area, that Romney “absolutely” must answer questions about his tenure at Bain and whether it continued past 1999 — when Romney has said in the past he left — to 2002, as Securities and Exchange Commission documents suggest.

Read more: www.politico.com...

To me, those are some pretty HEAVY words coming from a seemingly confident POTUS. I do not think that Obama would put his political neck out there like that unless he and the Democratic machine have something more than what Mitt Romney might be hiding.

I personally felt that Romney was clean on the SEC filing where he is listed as CEO during years he claims he was working 24/7 for the Olympics.

In my professional life and experience, I can tell you that Romney is probably clean, just based on what I have read in the SEC filing myself.

But Obama shocked me today....strong words....without some sort of proof?

This might begin to get very exciting, very soon.

What say you my ATS Friends?

I think there was plenty of proof. Documents filed with the SEC in 2002 listed Romney as, and I quote, "sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer and president."

But he had NOTHING to do with Bain after 1999? That's what he says: "There is absolutely no evidence that I had any role whatsoever in the management of Bain Capital after February 1999,"

So, uh, somebody obviously forged these documents and put his name on them?

I guess. He's demanding an apology from the Obama campaign, which is a classic, long-standing right wing tactic: the best defense is a good offense. Make as though you're a victim, make as though charges against you are outrageous. Finally, although this hasn't happened yet, make the charge that the allegations against you "demonstrate how desperate" the other candidate is. It's a good strategy, at least in America. Many people are more influenced by attitude and emotion, as opposed to facts and logic.

However, as we get deeper and deeper into the election (I wish these things didn't last so long -- they're painful and damaging to the USA, IMO) we are, in fact, seeing a Romney who is trying to hide his past. I think he'd be better off, and would stand a better chance of winning, if he was just "out" about everything. Americans respect a guy who is clever about money, and he obviously is. If I were him, I wouldn't worry about giving the Obama campaign "ammunition" because trying to hide stuff is giving them the best ammunition possible.

That having been said, in the interest of disclosure, I do prefer Obama, because right now I believe the right is more driven by hysteria and misinformation.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Well if it's a Battle Royale in the GOP squared circle, I'm putting my money on a surprise tag-in from Jesse "The Body". I'm pretty sure he'd get Dr. Paul's back so I'm guessing they'd be the tag-team champions of the night. I just hope Vince McMahon stays out of this one.

PS Edit - I had no idea all that crap would happen, thanks for filling me in.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Cuervo because: ps edit

I like Jesse. Except, I think he is a bit on the crazy side...though I respect his balls. Wait, is that politically correct to say?

LOL

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join