It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Might Be In TROUBLE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Dear Osiris1953,

You are absolutely right. I BLEW IT. PUBLIC APOLOGY. I should not have used "psycopath," I should have used "sociopath." I even looked up the definition for sociopath and used it to frame my comments. I have no idea why I typed "psychopath." If you will reread my comment with the proper word in place you will have what I intended to say, and I still believe it.

Yeah that Mitt Romney....do a search. I'm not exactly the only one that feels this way.
You're right again, many, many people feel that way. But that doesn't make it correct.

I wouldn't trust him to watch my house let alone my country.
That's fine. Many, many people agree with you on this point also.

But I still don't have the evidence that he deserves "partisan fanatic," or "sociopath." I may disagree with him, (and do on some issues) but I don't see the evidence for that.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by phantomjack

Just a thought here... if this blows up (like really blows up) and Romney withdraws from the race, would that mean Ron Paul would be the nominee since he's the only one left?

Actually...It's much worse than that at this point. We're back to the first fear of a convention fail and that is a convention in contention. A floor fight. They are exceptionally rare, historically speaking, but it would open this to anyone. You. Me. Anyone...in theory. That would be people at the Convention, as I understood it in my Poli-sci course in the Spring. It'd get real wild real quick. The only way that would be avoided....and technically SHOULD be, would be Dr Paul getting a straight vote up on the first round, first try. That would avoid the floor fight. That simply won't happen though, so it blows into full contention.

The News shows would go absolutely wild, that's for sure.

Well if it's a Battle Royale in the GOP squared circle, I'm putting my money on a surprise tag-in from Jesse "The Body". I'm pretty sure he'd get Dr. Paul's back so I'm guessing they'd be the tag-team champions of the night. I just hope Vince McMahon stays out of this one.

PS Edit - I had no idea all that crap would happen, thanks for filling me in.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Cuervo because: ps edit

I like Jesse. Except, I think he is a bit on the crazy side...though I respect his balls. Wait, is that politically correct to say?

LOL

Not sure how politically correct it is, but I suppose "respect his balls" is preferable to admire his balls.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thank you for that and we can agree to disagree... and I realize now that I wasn't very clear. The fanaticism I was referring to is the general state of both parties these days. Not Mitt, I have no basis to call him a fanatic.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
If we are going to talk about tax reports and money..

Then lets see how Obama is a millionaire.. Seeing how he never has held a real job.

Obama made most of his money off of sales of his books after he made his big splash giving the Key Note Address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and even more so after he jumped into the 2008 Presidential race. At the time he and Michelle first moved to Washington after he became a Senator they were both still paying off their college loans. They were doing well enough, though up until then Michelle was probably the main bread-winner in the household from her corporate lawyer job.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Over the past few weeks I have chatted with many people about how they think this next election is going to turn out...and the majority think that Romney is just a tool being used by many of TPTB ... to make sure that President Obama gets reelected.

The people you have chatted with are completely correct.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by getreadyalready

I don't know if Obama is the brightest bulb around.

CJ

He may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but that doesn't mean he's not a tool though.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Well what I find interesting is you have regurgitated what Obama and the biased media have said about Romney. Third option, these are filthy games Obama and his thugs are playing and Romney stands falsely accused!
Romney said he would release his last 2 years of tax records that is all that is required!

Obama needs to shut his damn mouth!! He is about to bite off more than he can chew!
How about he start with his long form birth certificate, college transcripts, his dealings with Rahm and Blagovich. and his friendship with known terrorist Bill Ayers. How about he man up and force Holder to turnover the documents of fast and furious....

Talk about "pot calling kettle"!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I'd just like to add a little. Obama made $1.2 million as an author in calendar year '04. Assuming the 2004 DNC was half way through the year, that's a lot of money to be made in six months. Maybe I'm conspiracy minded, but I suspect they were sold to supporters or groups by the box load who wanted to donate to his campaign and not have it show up as a donation. But that's probably just a crazy theory.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

And you, CJ, die hard Obama lover invokes race into the discussion! This argument is old and tired!! Why the race comments? Cause your main man Obama has nothing and I mean nothing to run on.....so he creates division and attacks regardless of how fallacious to make himself look better in his colossal imagination!!

I heard "Kool aid" rots the teeth, maybe you should put it down.....

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Why do people still debate a two party illusion that continues the same agenda ?
The policys of Bush ie. middle east wars, the failed FED. the patriot acts, the TSA , layoffs, bankruptcys and taxes.
Mittens will continue the agenda as will Obama if he reelected.
Stop defending both of these tools.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
But Obama shocked me today....strong words....without some sort of proof?

That's politics, especially from the left.

Remember one of the cardinal rules of successful propaganda: Repeat a lie enough times and it becomes the truth.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It seems to me that Obama might be denying ignorance....Here on ATS the proof is valuable...It seems to me that Obama, and his gang of shills have been following our motto...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Eh? Ron Paul, God love him, has PLENTY of skeletons in his closet.

CJ

Ok , Care to Mention these Alledged Skeletons and how they would have Any effect on the Publics Perception of him ?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Ok , Name ONE Proven Serious Scandal that Ron Paul Might have been involved in . You Cannot , can you Mr. Einstein ? Thought So..........

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I'd just like to add a little. Obama made $1.2 million as an author in calendar year '04. Assuming the 2004 DNC was half way through the year, that's a lot of money to be made in six months. Maybe I'm conspiracy minded, but I suspect they were sold to supporters or groups by the box load who wanted to donate to his campaign and not have it show up as a donation. But that's probably just a crazy theory.

It's not that much money when one considers that the woman who wrote "50 Shades of Gray" is currently making $1.34 million a WEEK!! just off of sales of her book:

The Democratic National Convention was seen by how many millions of people that year? The only thing that no doubt slowed down sales was that it probably took about a month for his publisher to gear up and ship a massive new print run of both books (I used to work in publishing, I know it's a bit like moving a ship to get something like that going from zero). I remember most of my friends went out and bought one or both of his books in the days and weeks after the convention, or ordered them at least.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Unfortunately Romney is politically dead as dead can be. He has such a luggage, Dems will be having difficulties where to begin with.

The eToys fraud with Romney:
www.dailykos.com...

The voter frauds in Massachusetts and elsewhere:
articles.businessinsider.com...
www.dailypaul.com...
www.thepoliticalguide.com...

The Medicare fraud:
www.washingtonpost.com...
www.politifact.com...

The tax plan:
crooksandliars.com...
narcosphere.narconews.com...

The financial fraud with Standford:
www.morningliberty.com...

... I mean, this guy will spend most of his presidential campaign in explaining his ways through these allegations. In political terms he's dead as can be (unless of cause Reps see all of this as a merit).

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reading some of the comments in this thread made me laugh. Some people are arguing over whose guy is a bigger douchebag. I remember a time in this country when people actually expected the candidates to be honest up standing people. now we think that if we just vote for the turd that`s floating closest to the top of the septic tank that everything will be made right with the country again.
neither one of these guys ( obama/romney) are qualified to hold the office of the president of the united states.
The powers that be offer up 2 misfits as your choice for president and you take the bait, hook,line and sinker by defending your guy no matter what kind of lying incompetent crook he is.
i hope that you get the kind of government and president that you deserve.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by ColoradoJens

And you, CJ, die hard Obama lover invokes race into the discussion! This argument is old and tired!! Why the race comments? Cause your main man Obama has nothing and I mean nothing to run on.....so he creates division and attacks regardless of how fallacious to make himself look better in his colossal imagination!!

I heard "Kool aid" rots the teeth, maybe you should put it down.....

I'm not a die hard Obama lover, where did you get that idea? My quote in this thread:

I don't know if Obama is the brightest bulb around.

And my snide comment involving race was in reference to the poster I replied to due to his comments on another thread.

Care to provide one example where I've stated I'm an Obama supporter?

CJ

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Romney isn't in trouble. Here's the bottom line: Republicans will support him no matter what. They will simply state the accusations are lies. heck, we've even got people in the thread saying the Washington Post is a liberal rag when it's move the right in light of The Washington Times move has been rather obvious.

Romney could be filmed killing babies while doing satanic rituals and people would simply deny it. He's the nominee guys, face it. And you know what-I hope he wins. Give the American's what they want and I'll laugh when he screws them over harder than Obama has. Keep voting for the D's and R's, you might as well give your money to them anyway since they are just going to steal it from you right?
People want to keep playing the two party game, well let em. Let em hurt, I don't care anymore.
edit on 15-7-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

edit on 15-7-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

NO WAY! I'm a registered Republican, and I won't be voting for Romney. I know a lot of others like me. I probably won't vote for Obama, I might not vote at all. I think a lot of Republicans won't vote at all, and that will result in a big Obama win, and we realize that, but it is not our problem. The Republican leadership should have given us a viable choice, instead of just assuming we would vote anti-Obama.

Obama will win by a landslide in November, and they will make excuses that it was Ron Paul's fault, or the Independent and 3rd party fault, or the Tea Party fault, but it is all bogus. The fault rests firmly with the Republican leadership thinking there are enough billionaires in the party to vote their guy in. Not all Republicans are billionaires. In fact, the way things are going, most of us are bordering on the poverty line! Even with a good 2-income household, we are barely getting by.

Screw Romney. When Obama kicks his ass, don't blame those of us that refused to toe the party line, blame the party that refused to adapt and give us a real choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join