It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeadSnow the cursed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I can confidently say my closest associate of late has been bad luck. It's been happening for the past 3 years now and nothing ever seems to work out in my favor. At times I must admit that it is of my own making but it's mostly my environment, including: schools I attended, my Job, Government Policies, delays in everything & the worst of luck in relationships. I'm seriously starting to believe someone put a hex on me, as silly as that may sound.

I'm at a point where I can hold all of my cash in one hand, got no family or relatives to rely on or support me, got 2 friends I can count on, no longer thinking about the future because life's hurdles just do not stop, almost homeless, wrecked my car and cannot afford any repairs, my health is declining etc. This is really becoming frustrating...

No matter how hard I try the outcome is always the same, and I always look at my peers and realize just how happy they always seem. I mean all they do is mass consume, party and live in an imaginary world as their 'alter egos', and yet they've got the whole world fooled. I on the other hand even when successful, have been looked down at...for example I would see someone drive around in a $40,000 car show off and get 'props', whilst I had a $100,000+ car (never showed off once) and was automatically called a hater when I commented or compared their car to mine, what gives?. At times people would find it odd that someone of 'my kind' could afford to shop at high class stores or dine at fine restaurants (I'm in my early 20's and mixed race). This may sound childish but I really don't understand human behavior at times.

A little bit of humor and some music to go with the thread:

“I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.” - Stephen Wright

Who else is experiencing something of the sort?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ever hear about the law of attraction? Basically If you think more positive, you will attract more positive experiences in life.. Link.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Not cursed, but heavily pessimistic.

You have two good friends ? Better to have that than 100 fake azz friends who only hand around you because your paying.

Car got wrecked ? Medical issues ? You just told 100 other peoples stories at some point in their life. I had a car wrecked before. I had a medical issue before. I was once broke.

But I'm happy because life isn't about things. I control my happiness. I control what I allow to get me down and I control what I allow to lift me up. I have another car. A better car than the one I wrecked. I have a good job. I have friends. I don't care what other people are doing with what they have. The people you think are happy are struggling far worse than you are. The people you think are down and out are happier than you will ever know. Stop focusing on other people. Look at yourself and REJECT those negative thoughts that seek to bring you down.

You are only what you think you are if you act on what you think. Reject the negative. Embrace the positive.

Good luck to you.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Ever hear about the law of attraction? Basically If you think more positive, you will attract more positive experiences in life.. Link.

Thanks but I have tried my best to stay positive and stopped hanging around with negative people. Any how it won't hurt me to give that a read, thanks.

reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Strong words, thank you for that. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain a positive attitude no matter how much I go through.

new topics

top topics

join