It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-writing History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
this is something i've been thinking about for a while...

it's clear that history should be rewritten,.. there are so many anomalies in our understanding of the past, and events that should be re-analysed, that i wonder if it's ever going to happen.

where would we start? and what would need to be changed?

for one thing i'd start with: civilisation, humanity, is WAY WAY older than our current textbooks tell us... I'd like our new history to include more about the past that is currently out of our educational bounds.

i'd also like various other things to be cleared up... when we had first contact for example, and how.

i'd like the whole jfk thing to be cleared up properly.

SO many others, these are just a few that come to mind.

what do YOU think should be included in a re-write of history?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This particular point in history is not a good time to try and rewrite history. Oh, there are people who would love you to start such a program.

History is already stuffed up by the victors, the churches, the kings, the nefarious organizations, the roman empire etc etc etc.

Les us wait until after man's awakening, you know after the wars, the famine.

Perhaps a good time will be during the coming ice age. Lots of time then!

P

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The human species may be older than recorded historical catalogues would tell you, but civilisation is probably about right.

By that I mean being civil..

And one could argue that we're not even that now.

So who knows.

But history only need be a compass to the past, not a map. We can all find our own way there given the right navigation; we don't need to be led there by someone elses point of view.

edit on 13-7-2012 by mainidh because: I wish there was a post -post- editor that said "Hey there you guy, is this the word you really mean? Because you know, I'm an editor and I think you might mean this! But hey, it's Your post, you can say anything you want... you moron!" oO

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
This particular point in history is not a good time to try and rewrite history. Oh, there are people who would love you to start such a program.

History is already stuffed up by the victors, the churches, the kings, the nefarious organizations, the roman empire etc etc etc.

Les us wait until after man's awakening, you know after the wars, the famine.

Perhaps a good time will be during the coming ice age. Lots of time then!

P

You know who writes history for the past hundred or so years? Historians and the field is generally moved by guys trying to find out new ways and interpretations about past history, so History is always been rewritten and fiddled with for academic reasons rather than any shadowy cabal.

If you want to rewrite history, all you need to do is gather your sources, and get a book, if the sources are compelling you'll influence the history department even without having a degree in it (though you will be sniffed at doing popular history by professors :p ).

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Definitely Include the genocide of the Indians and the truth about 911 oh and include operation northwoods and more information about strikes and revolutions that were never in the history books

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Koffee

Yes I agree there is a certain academic version of history that is taught at Universities. The important version of history is the one taught to our children, the one taught to us as kids. It is so full of garbage. Everything is romanticized to make your country and your Allies look good.

In Australia of course the good old US of A won the space race. Russia came in a very distant last. In Russia, Russia came first. First rocket, first satellite, first Dog, first Man and first space Station. The US won the race to the Moon and then did it again and again until we all lost interest.

There should be one history, a factual history for everyone. Then the individual can decide who won what.

P

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

It's not that history needs to be rewritten, and what we need is the true story of Earth history to be told us. So much has been hidden from Humanity, and if all this were known, we would be better for it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

ideally a true version, but given that we already have a false version, re-writing is the only thing we can do...

while i'm at it i'd want the truth about the giant skeletons that are found as well.

i want people to be more honest about the archaelolgical evidence too....along the lines of 'we don't know the whole history for sure, but this is what we do know so far'...

so much in our current historical understanding of this world, it's inhabitants, and the galaxies around us is wrong, or pock-marked with holes... is it too much for the establishment to contemplate re-adjusting to take into account ever-expanding knowledge? apparently it is, sadly.

new topics

top topics

join