It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed in New Jersey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

This was shot in Long Branch, New Jersey on the beach. Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Klemperer

Nice find... seen this light before....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

It's a blurry low-quality light that does nothing spectacular other than float slowly in a straight line.

Single light.
Slow airspeed.
Straight line movement with little to no variation.

Chinese lantern, or similar.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
UFO in the true sense of the word...
in that the people filming it have no idea what it is.

There isn't anything in the clip to suggest that it's extraterrestrial, though...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hello Guys. I'm a new member here. Iv been following this site for quite some time and finally just signed up. I live in NJ and on the 4th of July, I was at a BBQ at night and the same exact thing flew by very slowly. No way was it a plane. Now i'm in a part of NJ that is about 45-50 mins away from where this first video was shot.Based on my research on youtube, there has been a lot of these types of sightings seen this month. I'm really intrigued because rather than your "classic" ufo sightings, It seems that a lot of videos are showing just a glowing ball with a slow moving speed.

Anyway, that is my feedback. It is also my very first post on ATS

edit on 12-7-2012 by JerseyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JerseyGuy

Look up Chinese Lantern.
Learn it. They're popular.
They fly slow. The make no noise.
You can make them at home.

edit on 12-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
As of this time in our history, with technology available cheap to the masses, especially this year... The bar has to be raised much higher for the acceptance of any kind of 'lights in the sky' footage. This video, and thousands like this are absolutely useless to the ufologist, and not because of simple devices like "chinese lanterns" or LED's in balloons.... The small radio controlled quadcopter has to be the most damaging little pest to this research to date.

Go check out videos available everywhere and get a glimpse of what these little drones look like at night, with all the LED's put on them. They have closed the door on moving, lighted "dots in the sky" videos forever. And actually , that is a good thing because we can just absolutely ignore them now.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Looks alot like the recent sighting over Australia from another thread. It does look a lot like a Chinese lantern though. They must be easy to obtain/readily available now because we even had one fly over my little town on the Fourth of July.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Saw one of these a few days before fourth of July in Redondo Beach CA, around 4 AM. It didn't appear all at once like in all of these videos, at first the middle was only visible, within seconds it morphed into the full orb like shape seen in all the others. It hovered ominously over the ocean for about 10 minutes, moved slowly upward about 20 feet to then completely disappear out of thin air. Sound like a Chinese lantern to you? At the rate these Chinese lantern arguments are popping up, they really seem like disinformation to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SatanicRoyalty

Not trying to spread any disinformation at all. In my opinion it does look like a lantern from a distance due to the color and movement.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Geesh, she's already screaming like it's the end of the world and the UFO hasn't even shot their laser beam yet.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Lived in Jersey all my life, never seen one of these lanterns. From what I have understood, sky, or Chinese lanterns are not legal in NJ. They are considered fireworks...Does that mean these are not lanterns?? Of course not. This IS Jersey after all..lol..honestly though, I don't know what it is. Looks pretty though....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Look up Chinese Lantern.
Learn it. They're popular.
They fly slow. The make no noise.
You can make them at home.

Look up UFO.
Learn it. They're Popular.
They sometimes fly slow. They make no noise.
You can make them at home (hoaxes).

Mean no offense, I just had to do it

chi·nese lan·tern
Noun:
1. A collapsible paper lantern
2. A plant (Physalis alkekengi) of the nightshade
family with white flowers and globular orange
fruits enclosed in an orange-red papery calyx
3. The definitive go to answer / blanket explanation for a debunker / skeptic to satisfy their need to easily explain away a UFO Sighting without using actual science, fact or even attempting to research a more plausible explanation

Example "Apparently NASA launched a Chinese Lantern destined for Mars earlier today from The Kennedy Space Center". Apparently many proponents of most UFOs being explained away as Chinese Lanterns accidentally cried wolf today as they made their claims of Chinese Lanterns are the culprit, while neglecting to notice that NASA had a planned launch earlier today of their latest payload headed for Mars.

-Anathema

edit on 7/12/2012 by anathema777 because: added info

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

I had never actually wittnessed one, in person, until this year. It does seem to be the new "swamp gas" whenever sightings such as this are reported but in my opinion this looks exactly like the lantern I saw. Plus, I've been to Long Branch several times, have a good friend that grew up there, and from the many people that I've met I don't think a ban on fireworks would stop some of them, lol.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skychief

Lol...that's my point skychief. A lot of us here in Jersey buy illegal fireworks, so, yeah, it could be a lantern. Never seen one myself. To me it looks cool. Saying all that, I don't like going into every UFO forum shouting "it's a lantern", like I have been seeing some peeps doing(not you skychief). Hey, I wasn't there at this specific time, so it could be anything.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Has it ever mattered to people what is legal and what isn't?

We had a burn ban and ban on fireworks during the week of the 4th. It was illegal.
Didn't stop every single solitary neighbor we have from shooting fireworks. And large multi-shots at that! In the middle of town near many trees, houses, and cars.

Just saying, even if Chinese lanterns are illegal in NJ, that basically means nothing.

Also, I've done quite a few Chinese lanterns. And I definitely agree that is what is in the video.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

For the most part Id have to say, "No". When it comes to fireworks most people dont care if they're legal or illegal when it comes to deciding if they are or are not going to purchase / set them off, especially near the 4th of July.

Just my opinion.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

that was an awesome dot on black background!!! that's all you can really say about it isn't it?

top topics

join