It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professional UFO hunters say they won't watch 'Chasing UFOs'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Professional UFO hunters say they won't watch 'Chasing UFOs'

Just ran across this article where some "Professional UFO Hunters are weighing in on National Geographics Chasing UFOs and likening it to The Blair Witch Project. They are also saying they WILL NOT be watching the show.

With that said I wont be watching either unless im looking for a reason to have an argument while being extremely aggravated.

UFO hunters say they wont watch 'Chasing UFOs'

UFO-NUKES expert Robert Hastings compared National Geographic Network's new show, "Chasing UFOs ", to "Blair Witch Project meets Inspector Clouseau" in a story released this week at the UFO Chronicles web site.

The show premiered in June in a Friday night time slot with many ufologists watching to see how the subject would be portrayed.

Commenting on the story itself, Hastings wrote, "This article would have to be several pages longer if I were to summarize all of the breathless hoo-ha passed off as investigation and analysis by the show—in just the first three episodes. (Dear God, there are five more waiting in the wings!)"

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I wrote a thread on it as well.

The only thing official about this is:

It is OFFICIALLY the worst thing on TV.

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by anathema777

The recent influx of television about alternative topics are weak at best. They skip over many established explanations in the interest of time or to mislead you. They do not fully cover each piece of information and go to the ones they think will increase ratings. I'm not going to watch it either.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

Correction Jersey Shore is the worst thing on TV lol
and then Ghost Hunter come in second

Dont know about this new UFO show

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Oh, you don't have to be a professional UFO hunter to not watch this show...

I watched about 11 minutes of the pilot and gave up. It's insulting on every level.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There are professional UFO hunters?....who pays them?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anathema777

I used to respect James Fox. No longer.

What is it about UFOs that make people bat s*** crazy?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

Hate to say it but I might watch the Snooki-Creature before another episode of UFO Punters.

NAH....Just messin' with ya!

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yeah its rather disappointing that National Geographic has put forth such a poorly pieced together show, especially since there is loads of good material, witnesses, new videos out there that would lend itself to the creation of a great show, you know?

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Not that there are really any good ufo shows out there, but chasing ufo's is horrible.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace
Not that there are really any good ufo shows out there, but chasing ufo's is horrible.

Again, as I said above there is way, way to much good new evidence, videos, witnesses, information, etc.. out there that when combined with a Super Popular television channel / broadcasting company, and a large amount of money to invest in production and everything that entails then only one more element (Hint, its the least, smallest element needed in creating such a show) is needed to make 'Chasing UFOs' a great, credible, revealing, informative and popular show! That element is this... Creating a show with the INTENTION of it actually lending itself to the credibility of the UFO/ET phenomenon! Thats it! With that recipe properly implemented Nat Geo could and would have the best tv show on the subject. It could easily be up there with Ancient Aliens and even better because it would be dealing with modern day evidence, videos, sightings, witnesses, etc...

Let me know if you all agree with my above assessment, okay?

-Anathema

edit on 7/12/2012 by anathema777 because: Corrected some typos

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
National Geographic and Discovery Channel seem to be a bit biased when talking about the topic of UFOs. It seems like all they want to do is DEBUNK everything UFO, period!

I won't be watching any of it. I will stick with the History Channel instead, but not the Ancient Aliens thing. Just the good old UFO documentaries.

+

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Bill Birnes UFO Hunters was better than this show and that says a lot.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
Bill Birnes UFO Hunters was better than this show and that says a lot.
edit on 12-7-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

Indeed that is saying alot.

I mean could it seriously be any more painfully obvious that the National Geographic Channel is purposely making a mockery of the UFO subject? I mean at every angle you look at you must come to the same conclusion and also realize that they are doing a huge disservice to the study of Extraterrestrial Visitation and everything related. The very name and original commercial for 'Chasing UFOs' almost seems to imply something to be mocked, not taken seriously, or scoffed at, dont you think? I mean they show a bunch of morons riding ATVs chasing UFOs (yeah right, as if this were even possible) with cameras mounted ob there shoulders pointed at their faces (Seriously, WTF ?!?! Shouldn't they use every available camera to point towards the sky in search of UFOs? I mean who gives a chit about the reality TV born camera angle showing us their facial expressions during "the chase" as if we care or as if it holds any relevance). Everything about this show just screams "Dont take the UFO/ET Phenomenon Seriously" we have invested millions of dollars into a show about chasing UFOs and we sure as hell don't so why should you? And for anyone actually watching this show and lending it any amount of serious thought or credibility id have to ask you the same. Honestly as far as relevance and or stature goes, this show should fit nicely in the Saturday Morning Cartoons Category. I mean Im apt to take Rugrats more seriously than this show, and im a 31 year old male. Total crap. Shame on you National Geographic. They should start a sister channel called Junk Science and have this show be their launch vehicle, right? What say you all?

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I watched the first two episodes and have to agree with the sentiment being expressed in the other replies, it is horrible. Just 3 bozos walking around in the dark with their personal cameras getting freaked out over things that go bump in the night.

I'm no expert but if they want to see UFOs shouldn't they just plant their a$$es somewhere and point their eyes and cameras into the sky?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The show is complete garbage. Blues Clues was more compelling.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903
I watched the first two episodes and have to agree with the sentiment being expressed in the other replies, it is horrible. Just 3 bozos walking around in the dark with their personal cameras getting freaked out over things that go bump in the night.

I'm no expert but if they want to see UFOs shouldn't they just plant their a$$es somewhere and point their eyes and cameras into the sky?

Exactly. Im guessing just about every person who has wasted an hour of their life on this show shares the same sentiment x every viewer.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

There is something worst then FOX News?

I doubt that....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The cattle mutilations are real.

They also showed a - Cigar Starship -.

It wasn't all bad.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The cattle mutilations are real.

They also showed a - Cigar Starship -.

It wasn't all bad.

I've actually found a mutilated cow so I don't deny those. I just think they go about it wrong when doing their field investigations. I think the guy with the mobile FLIR unit is going about it the right way. We just have to remember that this is still television and people still need to be entertained.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join