It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon's X-plane: any target on Earth in an hour by 2016 !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

No, they can't. It's going to be awhile before anything like this is near operational. They're encountering more issues than they thought they would with speeds that high. I think they'll be lucky to have this operational by 2025.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Still, my point remains…. if we used the combined (defence / attack / black ops / advanced technology for war and killing people) budgets for one year and put that into a real space programme, we would be interstellar travellers and have much better things to do and explore…… that would be better than just trying to kill each other as quickly as possible.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

A "real" space program will never happen. People are all about how space exploration doesn't do anything on earth, or fix our problems here, so why do we bother anymore. We'll be lucky to even get a new rocket built, let alone a serious space program.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

and that is a huge shame....

Yes, I can see the huge possibility that we will obliterate each other with advanced technology before we get a chance to populate another world.

If that is the fate that we have chosen for our human race, then so be it, we don’t deserve to become anything else.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I agree, more should be spent on going into space.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Whats the point in that? A lot of tax money spent for no real reason, why is it needed, America has so many weapons, lol, why in gods name do they need anymore, only true nutcases would think they need bigger and better weapons.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Because most of these new military technologies end up rolling down to us in our every day lives. The space program, and military programs have given us a ton of technologies that we take for granted today.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It will eventually be dangerous to even be physically close to anyone with anti-government or revolutionary ideas.

This crap is scary. I never knew we had trouble killing people the old fashioned way.
What do we want? To be able to kill them as soon as we think they might blow a wihistle or make a rousing speech?

What is this about...really....

Does someone want to be God...???
Does someone think they ARE God with this sort of technology?

Who would that be, standing there salivating over this sort of technology so that they can kill anyone at will, at as close to the power of thought as they can get?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well can we at least get the microwave phased conjugate technology out to the public I'm sure civilians could put some of it to good use too.

But the friction issue with these hypersonic aircraft is going to be very difficult to overcome. I agree. unless a break though occurs soon we will be lucky to have this technology deployable by 2025.

I dunno any thoughts as to dealing with the air friction. Some sort of lamination of cavitation between the air and the craft? They've probably already thought of that.

Hey Zaphod just curious what's your opinion of the supposed quote from Ben Rich that we already have the technology to take ET home. that we have stuff that would make george lucas envious.

Personally I have a hard time believing his quote even though I'd like to believe. SOunds more like something somebody made up and claimed he said. OR it was Ben's words but he was close to death and in full dementia. What is your opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Hey Zaphod just curious what's your opinion of the supposed quote from Ben Rich that we already have the technology to take ET home. that we have stuff that would make george lucas envious.

Personally I have a hard time believing his quote even though I'd like to believe. SOunds more like something somebody made up and claimed he said. OR it was Ben's words but he was close to death and in full dementia. What is your opinion.

Sadly, I think that you may be right. I think that it was either something that was misquoted, attributed wrongly, or just flat out made up. I'd love to think that we have some kind of interstellar technology, but sadly I think we're still a long way away from that.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
So, the US blubberment warmongers can now (or can soon) target & kill anyone it wants in the world within an hour at 20 x the speed of sound.

Wow, that makes me soooooo proud to be part of this human species :-/

Why can’t we just spend the money to get off this rock as soon as possible if we hate each other so much?

Mickierocksman

I agree. Let's get rid of gunpowder, gasoline, rocket fuel, penicilin, heck let's just scrap all science and return to picking berries.

Oh and without military research we would never have achieved space flight, so you are against leaving this rock as well! Awesome!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
So, the US blubberment warmongers can now (or can soon) target & kill anyone it wants in the world within an hour at 20 x the speed of sound.

Wow, that makes me soooooo proud to be part of this human species :-/

Why can’t we just spend the money to get off this rock as soon as possible if we hate each other so much?

Mickierocksman

I agree. Let's get rid of gunpowder, gasoline, rocket fuel, penicilin, heck let's just scrap all science and return to picking berries.

Oh and without military research we would never have achieved space flight, so you are against leaving this rock as well! Awesome!

No, lets just stop killing each other and spend the money on technology that will benifit the human race - not destroy it quicker.

Tech advancements don't have to come from better ways to kill - advances are taken and utalised this way however.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The thing is that you have to look at how fast we advanced around WWI and WWII. In 1903 we were barely able to get off the ground. By the 1950s we were flying planes at 80,000 feet, and three times the speed of sound. Advancements in WWII are the reason the space program advanced as fast as it did. It's sad, but it's a proven fact that technology jumps when the military is involved.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Sure, I agree.... but I think we have enough 'good tech' to kill everyone on the planet a few times over now.... how about we put efforts into technology that will advance the human race, not destrot it.

I am sure 99% of scientists currently on the defence / attack gov payroll would love to work on building a interstellar spacecraft or domes over eco friendly citites to keep our species on the right track..... rather than this example....... a plane that can kill masses of people anywhere in the world in an hour at 20 x the speed of sound.

Seems our priorities have always been wrong, and science can florish without a war machine pushing the advancements with the main objective to kill better.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I live on the coast near San Diego.

There are a few threads about this. They are testing it over the Pacific.

When one of these things go overhead, it is incredible and very scary.

You cant see them...But you can hear and feel them.

I'm not sure if that's what I've been seeing over the past three or four years myself. But a bit farther North. If it is they appear very bright then dim and bright again and then fade out completely while traveling across the sky very high up.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I have been watching those type of lights for nearly four years now. My lady has seen them right along side me.

Theres a few threads, old threads anout star like objects that are obviously NOT man made saelites ( not assuming these arent man made) and they travel high and fast, get brighter and dimmer...

I had a praty one time while i was living in Fresno with about twenty people present. At about 10 oclock PM Nearly all of us saw three of those lights traveling north at an extreme speed in a linear formation, not far from each other. Granted some of us were tossed, but people immediately said UFO UFO!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I started noticing them a few years back normally after 10 PM Pacific Standard. I've seen them at least 7 or 8 times over the past few years. [They are not planes or Sats I've seen those many times] I've pointed them out to people and some are interested others could care less.

Such is life

Glad I'm not the only who has seen them

edit on 14-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I just wonder what the French and Taiwanese are building together. It's something really expensive looking at the numbers they're playing with.

As for us....if they do too many more of these "More Expensive than the Manhatten Project"......we're going to be eating our shoes. They've sucked the economy dry. Atleast the other countries are all still employing their own people and have retirement systems.........

We're screwed. How can we afford this project AND all the other projects AND 11 aircraft carrier battle groups?.........can't even afford to employ ourselves.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If at first (or second) you don't succeed....

AvWeek blog post about the project.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The First successful flight of a Scramjet vehicle was in Australia on July 30 2002, by the University of Queensland engineers and scientists....with a budget of 1 million. Not even the Lunch money of US programs.

It flew at mach 7.6..above 5000 mph.

Perhaps the US should kidnap Australian scientists. (the British also had input into the project)

Operation Paperplane...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join