It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren Buffet says he can end the deficit in 5 minutes!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

A lot of posters here are saying the same thing. The current system is set up so the average guy on the street who truly wants to change the political climate is out spent, or needs a war chest of money to become a candidate.

Change can only occur if the people organize and voice their disapproval of the current system. Continuing to vote these same career politicians into office based upon party lines is giving the system a vote for approval. Unfortunately until they feel the pressure from the people, we'll be stuck with the current system and see no political change.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyevision
nice post. i agree with everything mentioned in here! the same should apply to any position in government. if you dont do your job correctly, youre ineligible for re-election. i like the sound of that.

But they *are* doing everything correctly - *for who they serve* ...only it is not the majority of the people.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Change can only occur if the people organize and voice their disapproval of the current system. Continuing to vote these same career politicians into office based upon party lines is giving the system a vote for approval. Unfortunately until they feel the pressure from the people, we'll be stuck with the current system and see no political change.

Only problem is the majority of the people really *are* that stupid. That is how we have been bred. Nobody knows what the heck is going on, or how anything works.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

FCC just mandates that in order to have a broadcast license - you have to make sure the public hears the candidates on an equal basis.

But do all the candidates really get the same airtime? Why is it that I can find lots of democrat and republican bickering on tv yet it is so difficult to find representatives from the smaller parties talking??

Right now that's because of MONEY -- and the media gives "free" air time to those who spend the most of it.

Political parties were a bad idea because representation is supposed to be via that one candidate you voted for. Forming a group means creating deals and submitting to a broader clique.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nOraKat

What's the excuse when there's the intarweb?

You don't know how it works? Look it up but you need to care first.

You wonder why the American public education system hasn't been improved for decades. The US doesn't need free thinkers to challenge them.

Who really cares what rich people say to fix the gov't. They've benefited big time during the boom and only says things now? Has he started to pay more taxes?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Or we can do what they did on the fifties.

Raise taxes on the rich up the wazoo. The rich are the ones who got all the money anyway.

Start strictly enforcing regulations to keep corporate bankers in line.

Start enforcing labor laws, kick out the illegals, send home a great many of the H1 visa workers.

Write trade aggreements that are fair to the people of the US.

Boot free market economics, and get back to true market economics.

It worked then, it would work now.

And we did it all while fighting a war, rebuilding Europe and Japan, and rebuilding our nations infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

roger. so when will you be pulling your head from your ass then, mr.buffett? in 5 minutes? cool. i always knew that the financial crisis was man-made. and fake. vote buffett 2012!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

A lot of posters here are saying the same thing. The current system is set up so the average guy on the street who truly wants to change the political climate is out spent, or needs a war chest of money to become a candidate.

yeah. that's what's obummer going to say two days before the election day! "need for change". "we can do it". "higher taxes for the rich". "help the little guy". "new political system". i guess mitch romney will be saying just about the opposite, therefore, confusing both right and left voters.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
LOL Warren Buffet is a crazy old goon that shows the ugly side of business but sometimes he says something that makes sense for people. Is he prepping to run for president in 2016?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

FCC just mandates that in order to have a broadcast license - you have to make sure the public hears the candidates on an equal basis.

But do all the candidates really get the same airtime? Why is it that I can find lots of democrat and republican bickering on tv yet it is so difficult to find representatives from the smaller parties talking??

Right now that's because of MONEY -- and the media gives "free" air time to those who spend the most of it.

Political parties were a bad idea because representation is supposed to be via that one candidate you voted for. Forming a group means creating deals and submitting to a broader clique.

An ignorant population is more to blame then money. Money cannot buy everything!

And there is NOTHING wrong with political parties: just a bunch of folks with similar ideals getting together to run a nation as they see fit. The people who cast a vote bear the ultimate responsibility, unless now you are going to claim millions of votes are miscounted.

edit on 16/7/12 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Do what the elites do. Just bring out the majic gold pen and write it off. Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ever since I got interested to financial management and investing, I find Warren Buffet my idol. He is a genius and all the info you've is helpful in making us aware of it.

reply to post by WeRpeons

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
great thread, its true that as long as the politicians are in it for the career rather than to help our nation we're not going to get anywhere. what do the people of ATS think about perhaps a random pool for congress? with new commodities such as webcams/internet all that good stuff we could just generate a random 535 people each year sort of like a random sample of our population. would that not truley represent us? obviously anyone who doesn't take the job seriously is out and it would have its pros and cons but just a suggestion. in a world where we strive for progress we cannot keep doing the same thing as before and expect different results.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I agree with his premise but in reality our government is so disfuncitonal it would never consider anything that makes sense. The good ole' boys club is alive and well in washington

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join