It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren Buffet says he can end the deficit in 5 minutes!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Haha, even if that amendment actually passed, there is no way they would follow it. They ignore everything else in the Constitution, and this would be no different.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Is it possible that Wiedemer's prediction of "50% unemployment, a 90% stock market drop, and 100% annual inflation... starting in 2012.” might be on target?

Things that make you go hmmmmm...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I feel like he has a hidden agenda for this. It sounds great and all and I love the idea, however theres a catch. Politicians are already susceptible to bribes, and if these guys didnt make squat while doing political duties it would be that much easier for them all to be bought under the table.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Everyone likes power and in order to keep your power you must do good with that power or it will be taken away. Bravo Warren that'll get em squirmmin. Now you just gotta do it!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If you watch this link that goes to the cnbc interviews with Buffett, Simpson and Bowles their focus is on how congress failed when given the opportunity to cut the gdp to a sustainable margin in our economic climate.

And they are asking for a petition of 10 million signatures to get them going on this solution!

www.cnbc.com...

Buffett's idea to get rid of the boobs in Congress is not so they will quickly find a solution to America's problem. A solution has already been presented.

His idea is that they will listen to the American people and responsibly represent us without having their own agenda for personal gain and screwing the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i remember this comment, answer, being posted last year

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
in the words of dennis miller

do we really owe some one that much money?

and if we do f--- em dont pay lol

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The system is set up that way to create confusion and separation. There is no right and there is no left. Either way it goes the men on top get what they want. There are many different scripts for a vast possibility of outcomes.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Amen. I like that there are no term limits in there, too. I hate when idiots start talking about term limits as though every single politician is on the take. What about people like Ron Paul? I'm sure there are other people in Congress doing a good job. Or person, maybe,

We already have term limits - they are called "elections". For example, if retards in Massachusetts want to vote in people like Ted Kennedy for 90 terms in a row, that is their own damn fault they get taxed into oblivion and their guns taken away. And yes, I know he's dead.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

We could also make the gozillionaires pay heavy taxes on the piles of money they have. It would probably take alot of the weight of trying to spend all that money in one lifetime off their shoulders. Or he could just buy America and run it the way he wants. He has enough money! Just BUY it outright and in the public eye.

Buffett is also a notable philanthropist, having pledged to give away 99 percent of his fortune to philanthropic causes, primarily via the Gates Foundation.

source

Yes, give it to Bill Gates.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Doesn't mean a thing except that big business will have to spend a little bit more money buying up politicians.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Every time Warren Buffet opens his mouth I just want to smack him in the face. The super-rich are just like hollywood - no grips on society. I used to work in finance and everybody obsessed over him. Put more money into the social security system? Give me a #ing break.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit
Every time Warren Buffet opens his mouth I just want to smack him in the face. The super-rich are just like hollywood - no grips on society. I used to work in finance and everybody obsessed over him. Put more money into the social security system? Give me a #ing break.

What's YOUR plan? What kind of wisdom can your keen financial mind bring to bear on the issue?

You just criticized without adding anything to the discussion. I'm quite curious what your plan is...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Aren't Warren Buffet and Barack Obama all buddy buddy? Wonder how long that will last for...

It will be a miracle if President Obama makes ANY of these changes.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

By the way, the only reason the "gazillionaires" are so stinking rich is because of us, the average consumer. I don't get why its so hard for people to understand it. If you don't want them to be so damn rich, then STOP BUYING THEIR CRAP. Force them to lower prices or refuse to buy. Simple.

The problem lies in the fact that they charge an arm and a leg on things that are vital to our existence and our way of modern day life; you know, things like automobiles, gas, oil, power, water, parking, housing, clothing, healthcare...

We do need a change, one where we stop working for somebody else to accomplish THEIR goals and instead stand up and work for ourselves. We can build our own shelter, grow and hunt our own food, make our own clothing, walk... but do people want to do it?

No, not unless we're forced to and thus, the cycle continues.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
For the longest time I've said that there should be term limits within the house and senate... Why is it that we only do it for the President?? Seems pretty stupid to me... We're a country of 311,000,000 people, I'm sure we can find qualified people to fill the spots of the crooks... I mean politicians....

The question is, how do we get the ball rolling on term limits? Is this an impossible challenge to us citizens?? I hope not...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Bbbbububuut! but if we did that we might have honest people running for congress.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
As populist as this "solution" might be for people angry at Congress -- this is NOT going to work.

People in Congress make more money creating "deals" to help corporations while in office, and then afterwords the become consultants, or get huge speaking fees for simply "inspiring" workers at a few conventions. Making a congressperson low paid, or cutting benefits, would make them MORE dependent on making deals.

You can see how commercial advertising makes sure that our TV News never bites the hand that feeds it.

>> What HAS TO HAPPEN, is public financing of elections -- NOT external money. Just petitions to get the name on the ballot, and after that, debates and speaking engagements can be televised as long as they are equal time for all who got on the ticket. FCC just mandates that in order to have a broadcast license - you have to make sure the public hears the candidates on an equal basis.

Money has to totally get out of the equation - and we need stricter coverage of investments and post-public service revenue.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Debt incurred under fraudulent means, such as non-disclosure of terms, means it should be null and void.

I don't remember any school teacher, parent, government official explaining how the system worked, much less asking us if we agreed to such practices. There is no such thing as implicit consent. Implicitly can mean a variety of things such as ignorance and/or neutrality. You cannot hold entire nations accountable with implicit consent. it needs to be explicit approval.

The banks need to borrow from the government, not the government borrowing from the banks and rich people. This priniciple is of the highest importance, yet no one is touching on it as they should. Much like aliens and lost civilisations.

Some topics are either completly mispresented or ignored. I am not sure which is worse. You can bet secret societies controll the flow of information as they want. No nation is really sovereign!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I like it very much but how do you get them to give up all their goodies, unless they're voted out of office and replaced with real civic minded people, (Where do we find civic minded people who can't be corrupted anyway?

Not a bunch of corrupt lawyers, who put an automatic raise for themselves for themselves every year. Why do they think they're so special they don't have to do the things the rest of us will have to do?
edit on 14-7-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

FCC just mandates that in order to have a broadcast license - you have to make sure the public hears the candidates on an equal basis.

But do all the candidates really get the same airtime? Why is it that I can find lots of democrat and republican bickering on tv yet it is so difficult to find representatives from the smaller parties talking??

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join