It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young mother whose obsession started when she was just two years old drinks up to 44 pints a day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Young mother whose obsession started when she was just two years old drinks up to 44 pints a day

www.dailymail.co.uk

Sasha Kennedy, 26, carries large bottles of water with her wherever she goes and rarely sleeps for more than an hour a night without waking for a drink.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Experts yesterday said Miss Kennedy’s condition was rare, with the average adult drinking little more than 200ml of water per day. Dr Emma Derbyshire, a nutrition consultant, said: ‘Over-hydrating with any fluid is possible and in extreme cases it can be dangerous, but this is very rare.’
Miss Kennedy, who is a full-time mother to Reggie, two, and Fraser, one, developed her habit when she was just two years old. She began nagging her parents for more water, which prompted them to take her to the doctors

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I wonder what the doctors say, i hope they have already scanned her brain. Poor woman even if she is used to it already it must be hell. And her kidneys must be suffering as not to mention the bladder and everything else. I highly doubt that this is psychological somewhere in her brain the part that decides when you thirst is satisfied must be damaged.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, this may be tacky but, that photo proves drinking water won't make you skinny lol,

Part of me wonders how much of this story is real and how much she is stating to get attention.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What's with the pictures? Are they just "glamming" up whatever is "off" with this woman?

It's obvious there is a mental and/or physical issue at work here. The article is tacky.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

I wonder how many times in the day she takes a piss...that's a lot of water to keep drinking...

edit on 12-7-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: 40 times a day is a lot...she should wear a catheter

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

I wonder how many times in the day she takes a piss...that's a lot of water to keep drinking...

edit on 12-7-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

It was in the article "She is forced to go to the toilet up to 40 times every day ".

Wow, if she uses it for like 2 minutes thats almost an hour and a half each day just to urinate. And she wakes up like every hour when she sleeps too just to drink more and use the bathroom!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Echotebarknwhale

40 times is a lot....cripes! It is best that she just wears a catheter the entire day so she can be most productive working...if she works (that is the real question).

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Echotebarknwhale

40 times is a lot....cripes! It is best that she just wears a catheter the entire day so she can be most productive working...if she works (that is the real question).

The article says that she quit some of her jobs in the past because of the quality of water they had on tap

On another note, I don't really see how this is breaking news

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Sounds like Bender the robot.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I was pretty shocked to see that the woman was overweight. I was expecting to see a more slim looking woman.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
How does she not die from overhydration
She is offsetting her pH (possibly, depends on what she drinks) and is most definitely losing essential salts and vitamins through all that urination.

At a first glance..this cannot be real. That much water isn't compatible with human physiology.

top topics

join