It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO Files: Alien sightings in Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
A huge cache of ufo files have been released to the national archives today. The 6,700 pages of documents, compiled by the Ministry of Defence in relation to UFOs and extraterrestrials, have now been published online.

The files contain a wide range of UFO-related documents, drawings, letters and parliamentary questions ranging from 1965 up to 2008. Discover the role of the UFO Desk Officers, what they really thought of alien visitors, their ideas to harness alien technology as a weapon, and their briefings to Tony Blair on UFO policy.

Some of the files are very large so you may want to download them before opening, also...

Six of the files (DEFE 31/189/1-194/1) contain some duplicates of UFO sighting reports copied by the Air Secretariat between 1996-1999. The original papers were released by The National Archives in February 2010.
ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I love to see the UK making moves to disclose some of their classified files.

It really makes me think why the U.S Govt. is not doing the same thing as well, part of me thinks because the religious fundamentalists in America will not be for it, but who knows. Ill be digging through these files for sure, thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Fun times ahead..

ty kind sir

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Has anyone come across any interesting reading? So far I only saw some messages and correspondence between people but I have seen only a little. Will continue looking through the documents tomorrow

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Thanks for the heads up.

I will have a good read through tomorrow

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
iv had a look through the files, their seems to be very little substance to most,

they all follow the exact same format so looks like our UK Govn.t goes by a very basic template for UFO sightings, havnt came across any images yet or anything or that nature

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What a crock. As another poster has said, anything of significance, or which can be substantiated by radar tracks/ other surveillance means, will be locked up tighter than the crown jewels.

The office responsible for sending out letters must get really bored of signing the same letter so often.

Don't bother, is my humble advice - there is (quite willfully, I suppose) nothing to see here...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
These files are free to download for a month but then the National Archives charge a fee of around £3 after that.

They also contain a lot of repetitive copies of the same memo or letter in the same file if previous releases are anything to go by. Which is very frustrating as you see the same letter time and again with a bit of scribble on the bottom being the only thing different.

I am not expecting anything mind blowing from these files as everything our MoD has ever looked at has been deemed to be "not of defence significance" in previous releases.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
All these governments like the U.K. and France are releasing their files on Unidentified Flying Objects. That's not to say they are releasing any new or old secrets relating to the existence of extraterrestrial UFOs. It's really not that big a deal.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
after trawling through alot of the archives i have came across one interesting peice which i will post up soon

new topics

top topics

join