It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Americans Confidence In Television Media Falls To All-Time Low

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by solarstorm
Great news! Sucks for you Rupert Murdoch!

Are you kidding? Fox is the only one keeping decent ratings. The problem isn't that people don't "trust" news, they want an ideological spin to it. The want someone of their particular political bent reading the news. That's why most internet news sources are partisan.

fox new has highest ratings what, 12 years running.
all of the other channels are just lies and left wing propaganda.
mslsd is the worst.
al "not so" sharpton, even has his own show, with 3 viewers total.
you have to be struggling to put that guy on your national channel.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

mslsd is the worst.

As opposed to right wing propaganda on Fox? You exemplify what I just discussed-You don't want news, you want your opinion parroted back to you on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

i think most of us have stopped tuning in a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by solarstorm
Great news! Sucks for you Rupert Murdoch!

Are you kidding? Fox is the only one keeping decent ratings. The problem isn't that people don't "trust" news, they want an ideological spin to it. The want someone of their particular political bent reading the news. That's why most internet news sources are partisan.

fox new has highest ratings what, 12 years running.
mslsd is the worst.

Fox is one of the worst by far! What a joke!

Romney's investment firm Bain owns Clear Channel which is one of the largest media conglomerates in the country.

I seek my news from all available sources, and I still feel short changed! The bias is clear to see on all fronts! I would not trust any!

Some say to take the news with a grain of salt, but I say take it with 5 pounds of salt and a # scoop!
edit on 12-7-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This article could be rerun everyday for the rest of my life and still be accurate. The distrust in the media rises everyday and eventually the nexium will break and people will quit listening, at that point TPTB will declare victory.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Happy Independence day.. America
We have awoken! Now its time for a new world......

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I wasn't a regular TV viewer but especially my television time has gone down even more significantly after joining ATS.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
TV IS GREAT FOR MY XBOX....AND UTUBE THATS IT
Who needs cable??

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonid011
reply to post by Plotus

i think most of us have stopped tuning in a long time ago.

I stopped owning a tv in 2006. Some would think me poor or weird..... Life has never been so mentally productive since then

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

This doesn't surprise me one bit. People that come into my work believe everything they say
on mainstream media though. I tried telling people to vote for Ron Paul at my job for about a week
and the ignorant comments such as, "He's a crazy old man, he is already out of the race." Non-sense
like that even though to this day he still is in the race. Media blackout of RP is B***S***!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

God news for sure, and the mass media earned this distinction. They are nothing but an infotainment circus, complete with clowns to distract you, magicians to deceive you with sleight of hand, and hypnotists to keep you asleep.

It'll be a great day on planet Earth when the mass media collapses into a lifeless heap.
edit on 7/12/2012 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
With 'exemplary' current affairs critique from the likes of Fox News and The View, I'm kinda unsurprised even 'idiot America' is starting to come around to how much visual / aural / critical bile they're being force fed.

'Bout time they woke up.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't think we needed a poll to realize how most Americans feel about the current state of television media. They've been caught numerous times stretching truths and ignoring real world events. I guess the poll will bring this out to the forefront and let news organizations know Americans are on to their bias, corporate and government controlled news releases.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Poll: Americans Confidence In Television Media Falls To All-Time Low

www.inquisitr.com

new Gallup poll released Tuesday shows that Americans confidence in television news media, which has been on a downward trajectory for decades, has slid to a historic low. Only 21 percent of adults now express confidence in television news media.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.gallup.com

Clearly this poll has been rigged. I find it very, VERY hard to believe that there are still 21% of American citizens who take TV news seriously.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

The absence of propaganda is not to be equated with spontaneous cultural self-understanding and intellectual enlightenment (aka waking up)... this only means there is less new brainwashing and programming going on.

This is only good news if the former MSM education is replaced by a proper alternative form of journalism.

I don't think people are waking up... have you recently visited the religious forums here on ATS? The majority of people are far from waking up.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Have you watched The Newsroom on HBO? That is how the news should be!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Does anyone know rating information for tv news? I would like to think that its a dying crowd so to speak..

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Is anyone willing to bet that the majority of that 21% are over 65?
It seems pretty obvious by now that the only thing one can depend on with regularity is that the government, media and even ourselves lie to ourselves!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A very good read and it made us both feel good after reading the link and the thoughts posted on this thread.

TV free for 20 years now ( except major events ) and we have never looked back.
Still using our are original Sony here and it needed repairs due to lack of use.

We kid you not, it is on maybe twice a year and more so for the winter Olympics and that is about it folks..

To the OP S&F

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Fox has the best TV ratings because their viewers haven't discovered the internet yet.

CNN beats fox in online audience.

All of them suck.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join