It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of American Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Today, as I was sitting in the grandparents kitchen slowly shaking off my sleepiness, the mailman made his daily march up the driveway and sauntered to the door. Although I could not fully see him, through the large window in front of me facing the street his blue Postman hat bobbed closer until the sound of footsteps on the deck reached my ears. The golden mail slot a third of the way up the door creaked open and through my grandparent's shih tzu continuous barking, I heard a stack of envelopes thump to the floor with clarity. Bills, correspondences, and junk advertisements lay on the carpet rug at the foot of the doorway. Among the paper clutter was a letter addressed to my grandfather from Republican nominee Mitt Romney. Myself, my nana, and my grandfather stood around giggling for a few moments, finding humor in the circumstance considering my grandfather is a lifelong registered Democrat. Some how, Mitt and the Repubs thought he was on their side, referring to him as a Republican in this letter. Oops.

Of course, the letter is asking for money, donations in the form of checks sent back to the Republican National Committee. It stresses the importance of starting early in the fight against Obama and his "abysmal" policies that have bankrupted the country and destroyed the American Dream. Now, although I am a registered Republican and my views tend to me conservative, I neither support the GOP nor the Democrat party. Those in the mainstream would undoubtedly label me a libertarian (in my view). This is because my beliefs fall in line more so with what I will refer to as the Globalization theory, or anti-Globilization, if you will. I believe that for many generations there has been a conscious effort to move the world towards globalization, and destroy the sovereign nation of the United States of America as well as it's industrial and economical might, and the consolidation of power and influence we now see happening facilitates this. People still believe this is, or label it as, a "conspiracy theory". Yet, those who believe in this way of governing have not kept it a secret, only hidden in plain sight, and the information is out there for those who choose to delve down the rabbit hole. Let me also state that I am not against globalization, and on the contrary find it as the most logical evolutionary process to take us into a new age, and guide us through this one - the Information Age. I solely object to the mode of implementation, and their need for discretion. This type of decision making must be put forth in a public forum for discussion. They believe in what they are doing, they believe it is the right thing to do. I believe in human might and believe we can handle the truth.

Now, I am getting some what off topic but needed to explain my particular viewpoint to a degree, at least politically. I am beyond frustrated with how our society seems to be devolving in every facet of humanity. People have lost all common sense, and are pandering to bias, emotion, and immature ideas. We might as well be in high school, arguing over superlatives and who will win the game Friday night. I know... I am tired of this analogy, too. But it cannot be stressed enough how childish supposedly 'serious' political discourse has become in our country, and the world for that matter. I truly feel like a sane man living in an insane world, and that scares me because it is human nature to persecute those who appear different than the majority.

I read things like this letter that was sent to my grandfather, or watch the evening news on cable television, and cannot believe the hypocrisy. These people accuse and blame each other for the same exact crap they were doing 8 years earlier, or are still doing to this day. And the very fact that they bitch and whine shows their true character - if it was true what they were saying, they wouldn't have to try as hard as they do to convince us all they are the good guys here to save us from despair. That letter from Mitt Romney asking for support in beating Obama is the same thing Obama was saying in '08 when people were angry about the Republican's policies, foreign and abroad, and was running to defeat it. Nothing has changed, and people are still steamed. In '08, I predicted Romney would be the nominee for the Repubs in '12 and that he would be chosen to lose against Obama. Now I am not so sure. They seem to be turning their backs on Obama and of course, it is all part of the game. If there is someone new sitting in the President's chair in the Oval Office in the White House on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue come January 2013, it will be more of the same. I guarantee it. It angers me knowing that people blinded by partisanship will drive themselves delusional and believe the mountain of lies that have been built atop one truth.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

If you really want to see what hypocrisy in american politics looks like, watch this; (that is, if the mods can understand that this is about hypocrisy. Otherwise, I expect this post will be short lived.)

Opting on the side of discretion, I'll just post this link as opposed to the actual video.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-7-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

new topics

join