It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead Video Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Has anyone else played this game yet? I downloaded it on my xbox the other night, it comes in episodes, there are 2 eps so far and there are supposed to be 5 in total.
The price for the Xbox is 400 microsoft points per episode or about 5 bucks.
It really isnt based on The Walking Dead tv show on AMC but its based on the comic book that the show is based on.
It is made by Telltale the graphics are animated, kind of like the cell shading of zelda windwaker and imo they are very good, the game play is sort of third person, something like Resident Evil and its interactive, it gives you choices throughout the game and those choices you make determine how the game progresses (to an extent)

Most of the notable gaming review sites have given it a rating of 8 or higher but the only "con" is that each episode is too short, it only takes about two hours to beat and that was on my first attempt.
So, if you havent played it, you should check it out, its also available for the ps3 and the PC.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

i'm gonna go home and play nazi zombies tonight with a friend. can't wait. JUGGERNOG

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

i'm gonna go home and play nazi zombies tonight with a friend. can't wait. JUGGERNOG

Awesome, if youre on Xbox add me. gamertag is A UF0 (the 0 is a zero)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Haven't played it but I would love to take a crack at it.
Love The walking dead & Zombie Games.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This game was the biggest load of B.S. Tried it on my PC, beat the first episode in a few hours, with only 30 minutes of gameplay. 80% of the game was dedicated to cut scenes. Telltale failed at delivering something decent and enjoyable to play, you continue to watch cut scenes and make decisions(play) just to watch the next cut scene. Little interaction, the only anxious moment throughout this "Zombie" game is your first attempt at getting away from a Zombie, and that's only because you don't know what to expect. After that the game drags and you just want it to speed up. I'll wait for Activisions FPS Walking Dead game to enjoy the Walking Dead experience.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

It isnt your typical zombie game like nazi zombies or left 4 dead etc and it wasnt intended to be, its more of a storyline.
Anyway, judging by the reviews, your opinion of it being BS is in the minority.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I have both epi's, I like it.
Yes it is short but a 400 points per epi, once you have all 5 for 25£ (ish) it will be a much longer game.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
the tv show was bad enough. glad my xbox doesnt work anymore.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

How dare you

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

So, because of a game thats based on a show you dont like, youre glad your xbox doesnt work?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

that, and also 99% of xbox games are trash unless you play them online($$$)
r.i.p. psX/ps2 ,origional and fun games.

400 gayer points? wtf buys gayyer points?
DLC pi$$es me off, i bought the game, why should i pay more to unlock a game ive already payed for?
DLC is allready on the disc.
(thats irrelevant to this thread but, uhm you know what i mean).

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Why even bother typing a comment here if you 1) Do not like the TV series 2) Don't even have a working xbox?
Just what is the point of you commenting here? you have nothing to say but to troll.

Back to the OP I have played both episodes on PC and I did enjoy them but I felt a little let down because although they did capture the feel of the TV series it just wasn't very riveting nor exciting.
Must admit I hope the activision version is better.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Back to the OP I have played both episodes on PC and I did enjoy them but I felt a little let down because although they did capture the feel of the TV series

Yea, I agree but it is actually modeled after the walking dead comic book, from which the tv show was based on.
The only character that ive seen in the game that was in the show is Glen.
I wouldnt rate this game up there with something like halo or mw3 etc.. but it is still entertaining.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You are right, but I feel how I feel about it, I can't change that.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I was really impressed by the game! It's short and sweet, suspenseful and by God are some of the decisions heart wrenching?!
Also, DLC isn't already on the disk, since much DLC is developed AFTER the game has been released. On the disk or in the game coding there are markers for where content will go once it is released, but it's not developed at the same time as the game.
Sometimes they create a game where they plan DLC in advance, so it's not uncommon for companies to announce DLC before the main game has even been released.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Gayer points???
You mean the points are more homosexual??? Than what???

I buy 6000 points at a time every 4-5 months, it's cheaper that way. And then I have the points to spend when I want without digging into my bank account when i'm not sure if I should.

MS points are a great idea and better than having to charge your bank account everytime you want something.

TBH some XBLA titles are better than triple AAA titles, I find Gotham City Imposters much better than COD online. Trials HD and Trials Evolution are the most addictive games i've ever played.
Monkey islands 1+2 are my childhood memories.
Quantum Conundrum is a great game thats a BIT similar to Portal.

The online gameing market is awesome for people who like gaming.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
it's 5$ for almost no gameplay, and the gameplay that exists is merely button mashing, oh, do i get to press the X button repeatedly this time, or the Y, OOOOOOH the thrills to be had.

Unless you are a die hard Walking Dead fan, this is not the zombie game anyone wants. Its button mashing mixed with cutscenes like has been said before

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gostr
it's 5$ for almost no gameplay, and the gameplay that exists is merely button mashing, oh, do i get to press the X button repeatedly this time, or the Y, OOOOOOH the thrills to be had.

Unless you are a die hard Walking Dead fan, this is not the zombie game anyone wants. Its button mashing mixed with cutscenes like has been said before

People payed £40 I think thats around $60 for Heavy Rain and it's basically the same thing, no gameplay, just a story to follow and that you have a little impact on.

I never watched the show (I didn't like it) but I would like to read the comics.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think it's a pretty cool game overall. It throws twists at me some of which I see coming,some of which I totally don't. Like someone said,its not your average zombie game. My friends who like the show but don't read the books,don't care for it. As a fan of the books I think it's pretty cool. I just hope they throw some avatar awards in before its over,but I'm not holding my breath on that. I like that it has cameos of characters from the books. Also it's neat that you get to make tough moral decisions,and the characters will remember them for better or for worse. If you are looking for action,or a wunderwaffe don't play it. If you are just into the books,check it out.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

thats true, but it is a very basic style of "Hard Rain".
Hard Rain brought something completely new to the gaming world, atleast I thought it did,

new topics

top topics

join