It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dotcom offers US a deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Dotcom offers US a deal

www.stuff.co.nz

Internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom claims the United States criminal case against him is collapsing but he is offering to go there without extradition provided federal authorities unfreeze his millions of dollars so he can pay for lawyers and living expenses.

In a now hallmark style, he made the offer on Twitter.

"Hey DOJ (Department of Justice), we will go to the US," he tweeted, "No need for extradition. We want bail, funds unfrozen for lawyers & living expenses."

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter Dotcom says the department knows it does not have a case.

"If they are
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think the case against Kim Dotcom is feeble, the police here in NZ have already stuffed up the the search and seize warrants and the FBI have taken things that would be used as evidence against Kim without the NZ police knowingly giving it to them . ( I know dumb ass hick cops bowing down to the famous FBI)

www.stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
They don't have to have a case...
.. they just have to have judges who can be persuaded.

however this isn't about sharing files and privacy, you share software like every single other person on the planet.
infact, I bet you've invested HEAVILY in lawyers ensuring you have enough justification in your loopholes to get off any trumped up privacy charge.

I think this was about what you had on your servers.
Names, Dates, information...
Even your setup, your security systems your web design...

I think the US would be happy enough for you to sit in prison for 3-4 years, lose your mind and your enterprise then either get off with a sizeable penalty or a walk.

BUT, Cudos for making your offer via twitter, that was gold!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
What is it with America thinking it's law and punishment applies to the whole world? It's the height of arrogance and I am absolutely overjoyed that this case is crumbling at their feet.

I'd have a beer with Dotcom anyday. I'd even buy it for him.

top topics

join