It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Graphene has self-repairing properties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Graphene - the "wonder material" made of sheets of carbon just one atom thick - undergoes a self-reparing process to correct holes, researchers report. Graphene's outstanding mechanical strength and electronic properties make it a promising material for a wide range of future applications.

Source

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

From the Terms & Conditions:Proper Attribution for the posting of copyrighted material owned by others is defined as posting a relevant snippet of the online content not to exceed 10% of the entire piece, a properly formed link back to the source website, and a clear indication of the name of the source website

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites, please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, and your opinion on the information as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on 11/7/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sounds like back engineered UFO technology to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Breaking UFO news?

I'm intrigued.

When did they get the UFO tech?

oO

Common don't hold back, top cat!!! or I'll set officer dibble onto ya, see!!

edit on 11-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

But its almost ethereal thinness makes it easily damaged when working with it

So the "elephant balancing on a pencil" comparison we all heard of in the past was a bit exaggerated after all?

Anyway nice find - greetings from Roswell

edit on 11-7-2012 by easy12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by easy12

But its almost ethereal thinness makes it easily damaged when working with it

So the "elephant balancing on a pencil" comparison we all heard of in the past was a bit exaggerated after all?

Anyway nice find - greetings from Roswell

edit on 11-7-2012 by easy12 because: (no reason given)

They were talking about several layers of it before, this article is talking about one layer... Ever work with lexan? It's bullet proof, but it's used in quality RC cars for bodies....you can cut it with scissors at 0.060".....

I still gave ya a star...

new topics

top topics

join