It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hi All,
Hope to remain in internet range and on this thread but could loose it within next 12 hrs as we pass between Satellite footprints south of Bali heading to Dampier - hence the extra posts today just incase.

This is me

Keep it real everyone - you've been my family for the past 4 weeks - you know who you are.

:up
edit on 15-7-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
Hi All,
Hope to remain in internet range and on this thread but could loose it within next 12 hrs as we pass between Satellite footprints south of Bali heading to Dampier - hence the extra posts today just incase.

This is me

Keep it real everyone - you've been my family for the past 4 weeks - you know who you are.

Fair winds and following sea, Sublime. Return safely

J

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Smooth Sailing to you my friend!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
Hi All,

This is me

Wow, how cool...we have an artist on a boat south of Bali....how neat is that! The mermaid part of my spirt will be swimming close by......enjoy your adventure.......

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I think this is a good idea and it could be fun, however when I create an avatar/background there are certain questions that I ask that are not included in your "hypothetical situation". What you gave is like what they say when they are asking for one to be made. I then ask my questions to narrow down who they are in personality.

I therefore ask that in the weekly "hypothetical situation" that these questions be addressed in order to get a narrowed down and more realistic idea of what is being looked for.

The questions I ask are as follows:
    1. Would you like it to be Masculine, Feminine, or neutral in nature?(this tells me what pattern style)

2. Is there a color base you wish to have?(this tells me the over all colors being used)

3. Would you like your name on it or other writing? and if so what type of font?(this can be left out or one made up that can be altered if someone chooses to use it for themselves, but it gives an understanding of style and spacing required for including it)

4. Are you looking for a Positive, Negative, or neutral? ie. Peaceful, Aggressive, or neutral(this tells me the over all shades of color ie bright, dark or base)

These questions can be answered in the original "request" while still leaving everything up to the artist involving design as well as allowing for more possibilities of requests for the future. In asking to include these questions within the original description of what is wanted it helps narrow down specifics as any requester may have and may not realize it until asked.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Good questions!!! ... let me make up some answers

We'll go with masculine, he likes blues and greens, he'd like to have his name on it somewhere but isn't sure about font and wants it to have a peaceful feeling since he feels that they're here to help us. We'll say he likes lighting effects and is awed by the animations.

Originally posted by Agarta

I think this is a good idea and it could be fun, however when I create an avatar/background there are certain questions that I ask that are not included in your "hypothetical situation". What you gave is like what they say when they are asking for one to be made. I then ask my questions to narrow down who they are in personality.

I therefore ask that in the weekly "hypothetical situation" that these questions be addressed in order to get a narrowed down and more realistic idea of what is being looked for.

The questions I ask are as follows:
    1. Would you like it to be Masculine, Feminine, or neutral in nature?(this tells me what pattern style)

2. Is there a color base you wish to have?(this tells me the over all colors being used)

3. Would you like your name on it or other writing? and if so what type of font?(this can be left out or one made up that can be altered if someone chooses to use it for themselves, but it gives an understanding of style and spacing required for including it)

4. Are you looking for a Positive, Negative, or neutral? ie. Peaceful, Aggressive, or neutral(this tells me the over all shades of color ie bright, dark or base)

These questions can be answered in the original "request" while still leaving everything up to the artist involving design as well as allowing for more possibilities of requests for the future. In asking to include these questions within the original description of what is wanted it helps narrow down specifics as any requester may have and may not realize it until asked.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

One thing I wanted to state, as I had issues with it at one point of my own avatar/background in the past. It is important to stay within the T&Cs of ATS so, Please everyone is reminded that animated avatars are allowed, however animated Backgrounds are not.
edit on 15-7-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

One thing I wanted to state, as I had issues with it at one point of my own avatar/background in the past. It is important to stay withing the T&Cs of ATS so, Please everyone is reminded that animated avatars are allowed, however animated Backgrounds are not.

Didn't realize that. Thank you for pointing it out!!

Everyone please take note and thanks again Agarta!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

It took some time to remove the text bubble form this one but I think it came out pretty good.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Safe sailing!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I was referred to this thread in my introduction thread so I'm just stopping by. At least now I know where to come if I have troubles figuring out my avatar.

Now, it's time to find a funky avatar.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JosephKnecht
I was referred to this thread in my introduction thread so I'm just stopping by. At least now I know where to come if I have troubles figuring out my avatar.

Peace.

Well...hello again. Start at the beginning of this thread and check out the many many already posted for use....

Des

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by ImaFungi

It took some time to remove the text bubble form this one but I think it came out pretty good.

Definitely scream FunGuy Fungi!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Peace.

If you find something you need tweaked or have a general idea of what you want, this is the place to be!! These guys are PROS!!!

we have fun too, so drop in anytime!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Peace.

Well...hello again. Start at the beginning of this thread and check out the many many already posted for use....

Des

I wonder if they'd get upset if we had a thread just for a "repository" or a special upload sharing area or something. That would be really cool too! Maybe we could only put completed, correctly sized ideas in it to keep it nice and organized and do our peer evaluations and conversations on this one or something...

or just keep doin what we're doin because it's GREAT!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Fair winds and following seas Sublimecraft! Hope your having tons of fun!

lol... or at least not working too terribly hard!
edit on 15-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

hey... is this a avatar creations what can Agarta do for you contest or a what can you yourself create type of a contest?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

edit on 15-7-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
DES! We need more sage.

J

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

hey... is this a avatar creations what can Agarta do for you contest or a what can you yourself create type of a contest?

I am not sure how you perceive this thread and contest to be about me and my creations. There are several VERY good artists on ATS that I would be honored to compete with, some of which have taken part in this thread and there are many more that have not jumped into it. I enjoy making Avatars and I am experienced in doing it, that's all. My desire is to help people have a custom avatar that suits them and not being the best. Therefore, I am choosing not to enter the contest.

Because I don't want my entire day wasted on making my entry, I will post it here. If anyone likes it I can change the name easy enough. For now I will just continue making avatars as they are requested by members.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join