It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Dr. Doom’: The Global Economic Storm I Predicted Is on Its Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The Blaze -- July 9, 2012

‘Dr. Doom’: The Global Economic Storm I Predicted Is on Its Way

It seems that Mr. Nouriel Roubini, an economist a.k.a. "Dr Doom", made some "predictions" recently.

He outlined some economic indications that could in fact lead to the mother of financial "crises" !!

Now he is saying its real close to reality !!

Nouriel Roubini, the economist whose dire warnings earned him the nickname “Dr. Doom,” said on Monday that the recent slowdowns in the U.S., Europe, and China is proof that the global “perfect storm” scenario he predicted is on its way.

“(The) 2013 perfect storm scenario I wrote on months ago is unfolding,” Roubini Tweeted on Monday.

The article has the tweets, and several links with more interesting factors.

and these may be true;

And he may be right.

You see, Roubini predicted that the four specific elements would come together to create the perfect global economic crisis: a stalled U.S. economy, the EU debt crisis, a slowdown in emerging markets (China), and conflict in Iran.

When ??

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This means war. Planned destruction.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Things are much worst that people even dream about, as they go in the everyday merry way, with high unemployment and not job grow in site the heat of the weather along with the moment is going to boil into something nasty.

The big propaganda been play by those guilty of the downfall of the modern economy is in full gear they don't want the people around the nations involved to know really what goes on behind close doors.

Markets are fixed, they are an illusion of a liquidity that has not been in existence for quite some time.

And those that dare to show the realities and ugliness of the mess are call doomsdays and alarmist.

edit on 10-7-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well, with a name like "Dr. Doom", he is kind of predisposed to giving doomy, gloomy predictions isn't he?

This is like a baptist preacher telling me i am going to burn in hell. I just kind of expect it from them.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Too many predictions that are supposed to happen yet nothing major is happening. I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

Famous last words.

I mean, you kinda asked for it....

edit on 7/10/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
Too many predictions that are supposed to happen yet nothing major is happening. I'll believe it when I see it.

All "predictions" did not happen in the past there for this wont happen.
lol i love it.

This is not a prediction, It will happen and its happening now! math is math and this math says GAME OVER MAN!
edit on 10-7-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Is the student loan bubble part of this 'perfect storm', or is it too small comparared to the other factors to be a part of it?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Is the student loan bubble part of this 'perfect storm', or is it too small comparared to the other factors to be a part of it?

It may have some weight.

But it's more of an internal U.S. problem.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I don't care I live in a town of less than 10000 and have enough rounds for everyone a time or two

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here is a good counter argument against his prediction.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I knew an economic storm would come, thought it started back in 2002, yet they have a seemingly endless ability to avert the inevitable and kick the can down the road due to digital money. By the time we "see" the effects of the storm it will be a F-5 tornado in our backyard.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Thank you, THANK YOU for finally providing a counter-argument based on facts and cited! I applaud your reply and give you a star for contributing to the constructive conversation!

After reading your link, though, I have to say it's not so much a counter-argument as it is saying "who cares if he's right, he's not providing solutions." It says itself that:

By no means do I take a "stick your head in the sand" mentality. Absolutely proceed with caution. A crash triggered by global economic strife could very well be imminent. If you've lived long enough, you realize that some level of carnage always lurks around the corner.

Its beef with Roubini is:

What irks me about Roubini is that he serves nobody but himself with his predictions. There will be a crash, just as there will be large earthquakes in California at some point. Who really cares if his version of events leading up it, whenever it goes down, plays out or if it's somebody else's brainstorm?

What the author is missing about these predictions is that they allow little people like ourselves to decide if we think the time for stepping up our financial and/or survival preparations is nigh. I don't need someone to tell me what to do with my money and how to protect my family; that's hardly the job of any one economist or person besides myself. It's my job to do the research. I appreciate the studied and sourced warnings of people like Roubini who provide solid factual reasons for why we need to prepare sooner rather than later, and take them all with a grain of salt as should everyone with everything. This author is just irked by the self-promotion of doomsaying economists, but that's the game. Don't hate the player, right?
edit on 10-7-2012 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I wouldn't say it's a counter argument. The author of that article doesn't dismiss Roubini's scenario possibilities, only to make the point that even if it comes to past, the info serves little use to investors now.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Thats not a counter argument.

Its a complaint, a whine, that the man isn't providing 'an angle' or a way to position in the market to profit from whats about to occur. It also insinuates that options not involving staying in stocks e.g. 'going all into cash' are absurd.

I'm afraid the author of that article in 'The Street' either isn't paying attention or his normalcy bias wont let him believe it.

Its like complaining somebody isn't giving helpful poker tips when he's telling you the pot has been stolen and the game table is on fire.

top topics

join