It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last night, I do believe one of my friends got visited by a shadow person.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Your description certainly is matching other descriptions I've come across. The large one I saw crossing the street gave me that feeling it was full of contempt, too. I also got the impression it was somewhat satisfied I was gawking at it. (I don't know if it had red eyes, I was just far enough away that I wouldn't have been able to make out that detail, and it was staying constantly just off center from my eye's center focus) But there was nothing in its outward actions that demonstrated any emotion at all, so I have to be open to the possibility I was just imagining what it might have been feeling. It's a strange position to be in, isn't it? It's not like encountering a bear or a raccoon. It's an entirely different experience only those of us have been through can understand.

My husband has never seen anything like this and can't relate, but his older sister has, and she is one of the few people in my "real life" I have talked to about this.

Can you tell us approximately when you and your friends had your encounter? As you might have read, a lot of us have the theory these shadow beings are, relatively speaking, "new" on the scene.

edit on 11-7-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Adding a detail

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I believe it was in 1995, so it has been many years ago. But I certainly recall exactly how it 'looked' and that feeling of hatred coming from it.

Also... the thing about your eyes focusing... this thing was in the center of my field of vision and still was 'blurred'... I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, I had forgotten that little bit but it was definately almost violently shaking, in a way.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Dreine because: addl info

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Wanna see a shadow person? I can almost promise you a sighting.

Go to Gettysburg. Across from the Farnsworth House is a school with a hill that has a lot of trees. Piine trees I think. Wait until after dark when it's quiet and the town is asleep. There is a shadowman who runs between the trees and sometimes comes towards you. He looks like a cardboard cutout of street signs .. you know ... those black stick figures of a person in motion. His arms and legs don't move but his whole shadow moves fast.

We've seen him almost every time we've been there on that hill in the late night/early morning hours ghost hunting.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
The large one I saw crossing the street gave me that feeling it was full of contempt, too.

When I was stationed in Japan I had a few encounters with an evil spirit or a damned soul.

I would be at work and the next thing I knew something was standing beside me. I couldn't see it. I could feel it very clearly. It was pure hate and that hate was directed at me. It was like I was it's total attention and all it's attention was pure hate.

This happened a few times.

I later found out that the building I was working in had a yukky history. It had been a stable for the emperors horses during WWII and the stable burned down killing the animals and some workers. And at the end of WWII, many Japanese soldiers committed 'honor suicides' near that spot.

So I figured it was either an evil spirit or it was the damned soul of a soldier who died, killing himself, hating Americans.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Seeing one at Gettysburg sounds like an interesting experience I may have to try sometime. I may be in Maryland in a few months for A-School. So when I am there I may take a trip up there just to see that!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

reply to post by Dreine

Yes I know what you are talking about with regards to the blurring. I can't ever focus properly on them. That is why I think there must be different types, because in some accounts the figures are wearing hats, they communicate verbally or telepathically, or they stand around in a way the person seems able to see them. Either I've read some exaggerated accounts, or those are of a variety I just thankfully haven't run across.

As for the one in Gettysburg, I wonder if that thing would show up if a group of paranormal investigators were to show up with floodlights and a camera crew.

Since it is in Gettysburg, I wonder if it once was a regular kind of ghost of the kind old battlefields are famous for. Another one of my musings is that the ordinary semi transparent or solid looking "ghosts" we have all grown up hearing about or seeing for ourselves, are for some reason turning into shadow beings. There are all kinds of things going on with the sun, the magnetosphere, space weather...maybe there is some sort of radiation that is changing our ghosts. Again, who knows. How on earth can you test theories out on things you can't even prove exist in the first place?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

It's abit of a chicken and the egg thing with these. Do they make people nasty or do nasty people and situations make them? They do have a tendency to pop up around nasty events though.

As for them being Djinn I believe it's possible, most people have a djinn assigned to them, and most are normal and will just go about their business. It's like people though, you get a few crazies.

Who knows, maybe people are assigned to djinn?

Djinn is just a name though, people have been seeing them for a long time in many a culture. Djinn is just a word. These things have been around alot longer than 20-30 years.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I hate to sound like a Billy Bad A$$, but if something got behind me, breathing and growling near my neck, it would get a face full of elbow! Not sure how the fight would end, but I'd give it my all.

Cool thread. S&F for ya.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join