It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Alerts Schools about Terror Threats. Just in!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I didn't know there were homeschool 'groups', but I guess these kids still dont learn together, mainly just for the parents to establish a consistent curriculm?

No. Homeschool groups are not 'mainly just for the parents' to establish
a curriculum. (spelled with a 'u' between the l and m)

Different homeschool groups have different functions. MOST have get
together day once a week (usually Friday) where the kids do 'in common'
things like Art, Music, PE, sometimes Spanish, speech (where they give
a talk in front of the other kids), etc. etc. Also field trips are done on
the get together day.

Some states require that you homeschool under an umbrella group
school.

An excellent book that explains what homeschooling REALLY is -
'The Right Choice, Home Schooling' by Christopher Klicka.
Noble Publishing Associates
ISBN 0-923463-83-6

We chose our curriculum from here-
www.setonhome.org...

Excellent info here ... Check the research section,
also the college ACT scores
www.hslda.org...

[edit on 10/8/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666
i just hope they pick a high school, one on the bad end of town.

Well if that were to happen, I bet as soon as an explosion is heard all the students and teachers whip out gats and start pointing them around the room sideways.

Seriously though, don't wish that on anyone.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I see that San Diego is on the list but I cannot find specific schools or even specific areas in S.D. Does anyone know the info or where I can find it?

TIA

Jemison

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Originally posted by fledgling666
i just hope they pick a high school, one on the bad end of town.

Well if that were to happen, I bet as soon as an explosion is heard all the students and teachers whip out gats and start pointing them around the room sideways.

Seriously though, don't wish that on anyone.

i meant a hostage situation, similar to what went on in Russia/Chechnya. if that happened at a school where a significant amount of weaponry can be found on kids who are quick to use it, they may just be sorry they had made that choice.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
To think that the teachers can't carry weapons around, like they did when we first struggled with the American Indians. Teachers felt it was very important to protect their students. Maybe Teachers should take combate training to assist in this possible situation.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I would not want teachers to carry weapons. I would feel very uncomfortable sending my child to a school where I knew that teachers had weapons. Having an armed officer at a school is one thing, having the teachers be armed is quite another!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
[QUOTE]Come on...our kids are the biggest threat in the schools!![/QUOTE]

how true.

But as for an armed officer on campus, i dont think he'd last very long against 5 or so terrorists. granted, he may be able to call for reinforcements, but by the time they got there, the terrorists will have either:

a.) blown themselves up
or
b.) taken the schools students hostage.

Hehehe... Lets just hope the terrorists dont stop to visit my school. Even when the students are unarmed, i can almost guarantee that students would rebel. I mean, your gunna die anyway right? Might as well give yourself SOME chance of living. But then again, not every student is going to think like that.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Is this thread about the school info found in Iraq that had no terrorist ties what so ever?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Is this thread about the school info found in Iraq that had no terrorist ties what so ever?

What do you mean it had no terrorist ties?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, I am not sure if there are two incidents. Here's from today:

" The U.S. military in Iraq discovered two computer disks containing photographs, evacuation plans and academic information from eight school districts in six states, U.S. government officials told CNN.

Government officials said the FBI has not found any link to terrorism, and said there is no information indicating a plot against any school in the United States.

In several cases, specific districts were mentioned in the materials but individual schools were not, officials said.

The material included exit strategies, school codes of conduct, and information on creating a learning environment, officials said.

A Homeland Security official said the disks also included a Department of Education guide on how to plan for a crisis in schools. There is no indication anyone was on the ground casing the schools, a senior government official said.

The Homeland Security official said the material was associated with a specific individual in Iraq, and it could not be established that this man had any ties to terrorism. He did have a connection to civic groups doing planning for schools in Iraq, the official said.

"

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I hit reply too soon by accident. A thread on this news item was closed because this thread is already covering it supposedly , but it may be a different issue altogether.

<< 1   >>

join