It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Alerts Schools about Terror Threats. Just in!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Oh my! The Drudge Report has posted a warning from the United States Department of Education to be on the allert for suspicious activities! A possible terrorist attack on our schools?

Let's see................YUP Bush's rating slipped in the polls today so the threat of terror has now increased.

Noam Chomsky and Machiavelli are right. Keep em poor and scared to maintain your power base.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
where not terrorists supposedly targeting VA centers just weeks ago? seems to me they can't make up there mind
they also made sure to say that the level was high for schools since the russian attack too. evidently the goverment hasn't done it research and actually see as to why things happen.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Let's see................YUP Bush's rating slipped in the polls today so the threat of terror has now increased.

I wish people would stop making these ludicrous assumptions. You know what they say about assumptions ...

In case someone might actually want to know what the topic of this thread is referring to, aside from your obvious desire to bash Bush, I'll tell you what I heard on the radio today.

An AQ operative was captured and he had a computer disc on him at the time of capture. It contained information from the Dept. of Education website that details the evacuation plans and emergency procedures for certain schools in the U.S.

Noam Chomsky and Machiavelli are right. Keep em poor and scared to maintain your power base.

I am neither poor, nor scared, and I appreciate the warnings. Better to be armed with knowledge so that you can keep your eyes open, than to know nothing and keep your head buried in the sand.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It is very scary that we now have to worry about sending our children to school for fear of terrorists attacking them, like kids bringing guns and drugs to school isn't enough.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm glad we homeschool. I feel for the parents who don't or can't.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

4 hours a day in the comfort and security of my own home. I wouldnt do it any other way.

I think if the gov actually have a disk detailing emergency operations of schools, it would behoov the gov to release which schools are rally being threatened, and keep the other schools on guard as well. That would put at least a small bump in the terrorist plan.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
We don't know which schools, but we are now being told what cities:
abcnews.go.com...

What I don't understand is why more was not said about this at the time, and after the Beslan crisis the media should have been all over this.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

4 hours a day in the comfort and security of my own home. I wouldnt do it any other way.

You only tutor kids for 4hrs a day when homeschooling? What is done to ensure the kids grow up with healthy social skills?

I think there is a time and place for Homeschooling, for particular reasons. In Australia kids living in remote rural communities do something knda similar where a teacher conducts a class over CB radio. It actually works quite effectively. I can't see there being anything good coming from kids being schooled at home through fear of sending them to an actual school. Are things really that bad in the US?

Metal detectors, security guards, police. Oh my.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Cargo.... the quality of education you get at the average public school here is bad. You can teach your kid far more in 4 hours than a public school does in 8 hours. Our kids were in public schools for a couple of years and we pulled them out because they were getting nowhere. They were behind when we pulled them out. Just a few weeks ago my daughter took a test to see what she needed to learn for her upcoming grade. We giver her a test that is normally taken at the end of the year. No sense in going over things they already know. Well she nearly aced the test. We could simply skip the grade. Rather than jump the gun we will do a brief review of each subject before moving on. And for social interaction they go to the YMCA where they get to interact with other kids. A better education and safer. Can't beat that.

Now for the terrorism. Hate to say it but this was expected after Bush did so bad. Many people had called this immediately after the debate. This is a shameless administration we have.

Ok folks lets get this out in the open. Here are things that are a possible risk of terror attacks.

schools
hospitals
churches
malls
department stores
gas stations
movie theaters
stadiums
office buildings
airports
trains
buses
parks
grocery stores
restaraunts
museums
government buildings
apartments
ports
utilities

Did I leave anything off? The government is going to try and terrorize you with one BS threat warning after another. You aren't going to stop it if it is meant to happen so just ignore the endless BS that spew from their mouths. I'd venture to guess most are flat out lies or threats based on nothing. Don't trust them. They are highly motivated to lie to you.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Yeah, I feel safer since Saddam was caught,

I pray everyday when I send my kids to school.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Yeah I've felt safe too since the Taliban have been taken down and bin Laden has been taken into custody. Er... wait. Maybe i'm just dreaming.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
You are dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!

Bin WHO???

Oh yeah yeah, that guy.

I think he's living at one of the Palaces, having a spot of tea.

Oh wait no, not him. No, that's Saddam.

Oh yeah, he's having his 72 virgins, and a bit of dialysis, and a smoke on the ol' Opium pipe.
(you know, poppy production has been great this last year!!!)

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I think I am more worried about my son's bus getting into an accident on the way to school because of the bs that the kids are pulling on it than the school getting hit by terrorists........
Come on...our kids are the biggest threat in the schools!!
Although when 9/11 happened, I did call my husband from work and tell him what was going on and that if the schools began to get hit he was to get our kids home!!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
You only tutor kids for 4hrs a day when homeschooling? What is done to ensure the kids grow up with healthy social skills?

My daughter has a better social life than I do. She has swim team
Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat. She has artclub at the Y on Wednesdays. She has
CCD (Sunday School) Tuesday Nights. She has Soccer in the Fall and
Spring on Fri/Sat. She plays with the kids in our 'hood. She goes to
other kids homes and they come here. Our homeschool group has
get togethers AND field trips to places like the fire station, potato chip
factory, police station, Philly Art Museum, etc.etc.

She's fine. Anyone who thinks homeschoolers are locked in a bomb
shelter and that they don't see sunlight ... well, all I can say is that
they don't understand homeschooling at all.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thanks for explaining Indy.

Anyone who thinks homeschoolers are locked in a bomb
shelter and that they don't see sunlight ... well, all I can say is that
they don't understand homeschooling at all.

Thats kinda obvious.

We dont have the levels of Homeschooling here as you have there, as I guess there just isnt the need. I didn't know there were homeschool 'groups', but I guess these kids still dont learn together, mainly just for the parents to establish a consistent curriculm? What about group projects? Learning to work as a team? Anyway, if it works it can only be a good thing, but I valued my time going to school. Sure you dont like it much when your a kid but looking back it was good times. Personally, I dont think I would have enjoyed being homeschooled. School is a good opportunity to get some time off from your parents and develop a life of your own. But that's just how I feel.

"4 hours a day in the comfort and security of my own home". That statement kinda worries me a bit. Is it really so dangerous when you set foot outside your home?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Either way that we care to view this warning, it's a sad commentary that we have to worry about sending children to school every day.
As for home schoolig, I was a freshman college history teacher,and I can vouch for the fact that 99% of my home schooled students were smarter, much more disciplined, reliable, and became leaders in the classroom. Prior to that experience,I,too,had wondered about the effects of "no socialization"...well, the parents that home schooled these 30 or40 young adult did a much better job than our present high school system. They could read, write a paragraph form essay,and use critical thinking skills. I'm pleased to say my preconceptions were entirely wrong.
joey

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Um.. My daughter is 5 and in kendergarden. No astro physics lessons just yet, but soon.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well, I heard the list of 6 schools this morning. New Jersey, Georgia, California, Florida, and Michigan. I live in Michigan and the school they are watching is Birch Run area schools.

For the life of me I can't figure out why Birch Run. It is between Saginaw and Flint, very rural, lots of farmers. I live about 40 miles from there.

I looks to me like most of the areas are rural, trying to scare the non urban areas too now?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
By the way is in the news that the so call school targets were not conected to the US but Iraqi schools so is not a threat to the US schooll.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i just hope that if they actually do it, they pick a high school, one on the bad end of town.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by fledgling666]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join