It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find Yourself Again - America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If this has already been up - GOOD - it should be on the front page every single day.

The Truth is a hard medicine to swallow sometimes but by God it wakes you up.

Caution Adult Language

Now you can rant and rave all you like but if you can't find any truth in this 3 min video then you sure are in denial.

Wake Up! Walk the Talk and Stand Tall - just like those before you did. Dust yourself down and start all over again.

That is Bravery and this guy shows his without a gun.

edit on 7/10/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Excellent video, thanks for sharing.
Now why can't we get a presidential candidate like that!

(I don't know if the guy in the video is portraying a candidate or what exactly the context of the show is, but his character is definitely the sort of person I would like to see running for president).
edit on 9-7-2012 by MojaveBurning because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

Hopefully, as more people are finding out the truth we'll see more prominent people like this speaking up.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Powerful and well said!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Brilliant

a must see video

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I hope I have the time to find myself

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Nice sentiment in the video, but this is pure propaganda. America was never what this guy is saying it was. "Struck down laws for moral reasons?" "Waged wars on poverty?" "We didn't identify ourselves ourselves by who we voted for?" "We never beat our chest?" There are just so many things wrong with what this guy is saying when looking at the history of America. Romanticizing the past will not make our future any better.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Think of all the jobs this will create.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I wonder if age has anything to do with this? ie. How old are you and is that the reason you don't agree because I think many would but perhaps it's an age thing and whether or not your old enough to remember how it used to be?

Just saying!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

That's sure where we're heading but I think the only jobs that will be left - will be furnishing a few caves.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I wonder if age has anything to do with this? ie. How old are you and is that the reason you don't agree because I think many would but perhaps it's an age thing and whether or not your old enough to remember how it used to be?

Just saying!

Hey quedup, perhaps its an age thing, im in my early twenties, but I feel like older people romanticize America's past which this speech seems to be doing. Knowing what I do about American history its obvious to me that most of what he said is complete nonsense.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by quedup

Nice sentiment in the video, but this is pure propaganda. America was never what this guy is saying it was. "Struck down laws for moral reasons?" "Waged wars on poverty?" "We didn't identify ourselves ourselves by who we voted for?" "We never beat our chest?" There are just so many things wrong with what this guy is saying when looking at the history of America. Romanticizing the past will not make our future any better.

This.

This video was great until the two minute mark, when it started to drift off into jingoistic nonsense.

Try telling "we waged wars on poverty, not poor people" and "we cared about our neighbors" to the thousands of Native Americans that were hunted down and slaughtered, or relocated to slums. "We passed laws [...] for moral reasons." Laws like Prohibition or Plessy v. Ferguson?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Whipfather

Some of the exact things I had in mind when writing that post.

new topics

top topics

join