It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons Offering ID Chips for Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Recently, while attending a festival in the city of Baltimore, I came across a booth that struck me as incredibly odd. I took a photo (several actually) of this strange tent. It was apparently a joint project between the state of Maryland and the local Freemasons to scan your childs eyes, voice, hands and encode the data on a chip that they were offering to place in the child for free.

I'd be very interested to see what others think of this, as I found it and still do find it to be very strange.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hmmmm
www.mdchip.org...

Very weird, I would think that the masons would not want to be known for doing this.
The age of bio metrics. Sooner or latter they will get people to store this info on their phones. They kind of all ready do with CIA book. AKA facebook

FACEbook AKA BIO METRIC SCAN YOUR FACE AND LOG IT!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by worldriot

"Chip the Child ID Program" I found the supposed address etc. but says no website is listed.

www.manta.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So, was it legal? Was the equipment sterilised? Was the person doing it competent enough to implant things in their bodies? Is someone trying to make money off this?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

I've no idea but it just seemed so...surreal. I don't post here often, I never throw my opinions around lightly, but this just seemed out of place. And what's even more unusual to me was the fact that there were lines of people wanting to participate or offer their children's participation in a program they more than likely knew absolutely nothing about.

Creepy.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Im on my phone and linking is a pain but the chip program has been covered a number of times here. Uh if they actually started implanting chips that would be strange but Im almost sure they dont. Unless the program has changed the only thing sinister is the name.

CHild Id Program or CHIP. Google it. They just collect samples and fingerprints so parents have a kit in case the child goes missing. Good program and good idea.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Hmmmm
www.mdchip.org...

Very weird, I would think that the masons would not want to be known for doing this.

Upper right of the website reads:

"Masonichip. It's not what we do, it's who we do it for!"

Creepy.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The Maryland Freemasons schedule and bring this fine program to communities throughout Maryland. MdCHIP is a part of the National Masonichip network (www.masonichip.org) sponsored by the Conference of Grand Masters of Masons in North America. All identifying items generated at MdCHIP Events are placed in a pack and given to the parent or guardian to take home for safe keeping. If their child becomes missing, the pack can then be provided to law enforcement to aid in recovery and identification. The Maryland Freemasons keep nothing but the permission form signed by the parent prior to participation in the event.

The horror

There is no "chip" in Masonichip as it stands for Masonic Child Identification Program and includes Abduction Awareness and "Safe Kids" Education benefits to all children and parents attend events and participate. At Masonichip EVENTs, comprehensive Safety ID packages are generated “at no cost...free of charge” to participants in North America.

Link
edit on 9-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is NOT a chip and it is NOT injected into the child.

It is a CD, CDROM, which is a collection of information only.

This is no different than schools issuing ID cards to kids.

Nothing nefarious here!

All identifying items generated at MdCHIP Events are placed in a pack and given to the parent or guardian to take home for safe keeping. If their child becomes missing, the pack can then be provided to law enforcement to aid in recovery and identification.

What we provided ; CD with child’s name, address, height, weight, eye color, hair color, description of distinguishing marks, notes on health concerns, birth date, parental / guardian contact information, 3 to 4 photos,A video interview of the child,Digital fingerprints,DNA sample and a Dental Wafer.

edit on 9-7-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Nobody listen to this guy. Hes probably one of them! Gasp

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm not sure what is more unusual, the fact that you find it completely normal that of all programs the Freemasons could be assisting with (feeding the poor for example, or buying school supplies), a pseudo-religious organization is doing CHIP ID programs -OR- the fact that you feel compelled to argue those who find it creepy.

As a parent, I wouldn't hand my childs information over to a cult and I have a hard time believing any rational, intelligent skeptic could possibly be arrogant or insane enough to claim they'd do it. If so, more power to you.

I do love the contrarion mindset though. I have to admire anyone that can whip up a debate over something as benign as this.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
This is NOT a chip and it is NOT injected into the child.

It is a CD, CDROM, which is a collection of information only.

It may not be a chip today. Tomorrow, who knows?

I got $50 USD says that the bad guys (stategov and/or fedgov) get a copy of everything that goes on the disk as well as DNA samples.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ive run several CHIP booths as a volunteer for my lodge.

CHIP is not an actual chip implanted in a kid, you dorks. It stand for child id program.

Parents and their children come to the booth. The parents fill out a basic information packet for their child and then we take a three minute video of the kid with parents or with out, justdepends on the kids mood.

After, we are completed we give all the information back to the parents. The program has been pretty successfull. Should a child be kidnapped or go missing the parents have all the information at the ready to inform law enforcement about their missing child.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

No, it all goes back to the parents.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by worldriot

I'm not sure what is more unusual, the fact that you find it completely normal that of all programs the Freemasons could be assisting with (feeding the poor for example, or buying school supplies), a pseudo-religious organization is doing CHIP ID programs -OR- the fact that you feel compelled to argue those who find it creepy.

Well if I don't find it creepy why do you find it unusual that I would argue with those who do? You made a thread with a misleading title and body (not going to call it a lie, just really lazy research) and I would rather people know the truth. I find it unusual that if you were so alarmed you couldn't take the time to actually ASK the people at the booth if they were micro chipping kids, or maybe grab a pamphlet. Or maybe even just Google the name of the program.

As a parent, I wouldn't hand my childs information over to a cult and I have a hard time believing any rational, intelligent skeptic could possibly be arrogant or insane enough to claim they'd do it. If so, more power to you.

So this was a hit piece aimed at whipping up paranoia over what you perceive to be a cult.

I have to admire anyone that can whip up a debate over something as benign as this.

I'm amazed you made a big deal out of something so benign without doing even a shred of research.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

CHIP is not an actual chip implanted in a kid, you dorks. It stand for child id program.

Their fault for choosing a silly and suggestive acronym. The words CHIP and ID kind of implies actual ID chips are involved.

Oh well. The Masonic conspiracy theory was fun while it lasted...
edit on 10-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It is a rather unfortunate choice of name. It's the sort of thing I might come up with when I'm really tired of trying to come up with names. It might not be quite as bad as coming up with a web site company named Pen Island, but it's bad.

On the other hand, it took a full five seconds to determine that it stood for child id program, not withstanding the obvious problems with trying to do a medical procedure in a booth. Or the fact that verichips don't "track" you so it's not really useful for that sort of thing anyway.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Good, so now we parents know what it is all about and can do this ourselves at home and leave the third parties out of it. If your kid is in sports you probably have the necessary dental impression you need in their mouth guard. If not, pick up one at the sporting goods store. Parents should be doing this sort of thing for themselves anyway. When you go to a public venue, take a cell phone pic of what your kid looks like that day, too.

I'm glad no actual chipping is involved. Now THAT would be creepy no matter who does it. I question the long term health effects of those things.

top topics

join