It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family charged with Carbon Tax for funeral.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This happened in Australia. Something we need to seriously think about and tell the UN to get stuffed!

A Melbourne family who claim they were slugged an extra $55 "carbon tax charge" when burying a relative were told "even the dead don't escape the carbon tax".

Article

Soon to be global folks! Who knows what else they will come up with.........

Did a search and couldn't find this, so if it is up already please remove.

Added: They are saying it is the funeral homes who are to blame, not sure if I believe it, but who knows....

edit on 9-7-2012 by seeker1963 because: added

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Know if there is any charge for Cremation?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You know they say there are only two things that are promised to us in this life... Death and Taxes. It appears that now taxes live longer than than the people that pay them. Go figure.

edit on 7/9/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thanks Al Gore.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Know if there is any charge for Cremation?

This is the first article of this nonsense that I have heard of...I guess in the future we most likely will find out all kinds of goodies are forthcoming!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

You know they say there are only two things that are promised to us in this life... Death and Taxes. It appears that now taxes live longer than than the people that pay them. Go figure.

Considering we already have the Estate Tax (Death Tax) in the states $55 dollars would be a bargain in place of that! But we all know that a carbon tax would just be an added tax to what we already are burdened with...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience
Thanks Al Gore.

I think the family of the deceased, should get a tax rebate for their dead relative not breathing air anymore.

This whole, find a reason to take money from anyone, dead or alive, is getting absurd.

Des

top topics

join