It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Envoy's Call to Iranians in Canada Raises Fears of Terror Recruitment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
** that's the title of the article .. not my title.

Envoy's Call to Iranians in Canada Raises Fears of Terror Recruitment

UNITED NATIONS – The prospect of Iran using its embassy in Canada to mobilize Islamic Republic loyalists to attack the U.S. is raising alarm among terrorism experts after an official there issued a call to arms for expatriates to infiltrate the Canadian government and be ready to advance the interests of their homeland.

Details of the Iranian recruitment program came to light in a chilling interview Hamid Mohammadi, the Iranian cultural affairs counselor at the embassy in Ottawa, gave in Farsi to an Iran-based website directed exclusively at Iranians living in Canada. In addition to raising alarms in Canada, Mohammadi's message got the attention of U.S. terror watchdogs, who noted that radicalized Iranians would be just an easy border crossing from the American heartland, since Canadian citizens do not need a visa and typically face just a few questions from U.S. border officials.

Mohammadi said recent immigrants among the estimated 500,000 Iranians in Canada have “preserved their strong attachments and bonds to their homeland,” while second-generation Iranians are already in “influential government positions.” He urged all Iranian-Canadians to “resist being melted into the dominant Canadian culture” to aspire to “occupy high-level key positions” and said the embassy plans to extend its reach by offering “cultural programs” to Iranian immigrants and their descendants, who can then “be of service to our beloved Iran.”

So all you Canadians who came from Iran or who's parents came from Iran .. don't assimulate in your country (Canada). Don't become part of Canada. Don't call Canada your homeland even if you are Canadian. Mohammadi wants you to stay Iranian even while in Canada .. get Canadian government positions and then 'BE OF SERVICE TO OUR BELOVED IRAN.'

Recent Iranian immigrants in Canada are half a million. The article didn't say how many Canadians of Iranian heritage there are who are not 'recent immigrants'. How many first generation Canadians are there who have parents from Iran, etc etc ...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Oh WOW that is disturbing beyond measure.

I hope the Natural born Iranians now call their country home as CANADA and love it more than a country they have not lived in all their life.

And then you hope that they wont sneak into America to become a terrorist. Hopefully their Canadian upbringing will have taught them that terrorism and killing is NOT alright.
edit on 9-7-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

the Iranians are going to commit acts of terror through the Canadian embassy? Umm, they are hating us for our freedoms or something? Maple syrup enrichment is above 20% and therefore the Iranians want to put hijabs on us?
Are we all scared yet?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm not too worried about this. Anyone who has lived here long enough to become a citizen wouldn't risk giving up this lifestyle for a ****hole like Iran. It's just enlightened self-interest. As for the crazy's, well, they're everywhere and we'll just deal with them as we always have; which is better than they would get from Tehran.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well i guess the obvious question,,

**ANY IRANIAN Goverment Employees, must be immediatetly denied ANY access too FEDERAL or PROVINCIAL,
Departments,,untill Loyalty TO THE SOVEREIGN GOD of CANADA,, as per the CANADIAN CONSTITUTION.
can be Established without question.
A Canadian.
hey remember Iran and Canada have a long History,, including the Iranian Hostage Crisis.

ya they have an Agenda,,
, and apparently it is now entrenched
in the Government of this Country,,

why do i know that,,??
because this post will go no where. that is why.!

A Canadian.
edit on 9-7-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The fundamentalist's most powerful weapon is not a bomb.

It is the West's political correctness.

The West has become too soft, too effete, too complacent.

It is very, very dangerous and needs to stop. Now.

How many Canadians hold "high level" positions in Iran? I'm guessing none.

Sort it out, Canada.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Wow, so the Iranian propaganda seeps into Canada eh?

How interesting.

This is a non-issue if they are going to use this to try and drag Canada into it's proxy Middle Eastern Imperialist conquest they can shove it.

In Canada we do not assimilate our immigrants, we are proud that they live their culture in our country and support their own countries abroad. I see no problem with what the minister said. He's right, they should be influencing Canadian policy to keep our hands out of their homelands problems.

We have no right to be dipping our hands in things we clearly do not understand, nor want to considering the war mongering from our neighboors in the south and in Europe.

Ha, Terror Recruitment...that's rich.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Terror Recruitment...actually a real good agent would be,,
obviously government officialls, but also,
power plant workers, military, rcmp, csis,
police depts., ununion reps,long-haul-cross border-truckers.

just too name a few sensitive areas.

but everyone knows its just silly too actually check,,,

ohh and the point would be TO WHOM ARE YOU NOW LOYAL,,
IRAN
OR CANADA.????

Now please swear Aligence too the God
of OUR Constitution.
and we can forget all about this little,, un-pleasentness.
As a Good Canadian,, this would already have been done ipso facto and the Signing of Our Constitution and Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms,, which was not that long ago,, and both Federally and Provincially Define Canada.
And what it means too be Canadian.
thnks Peirre.
A Canadian.

edit on 9-7-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

You realize that Canada isn't even a real country right?

It's just a British Colony still?

That whole Constitution and Charter Of Human Rights And Freedoms is just something they did to give you the "illusion" of freedom.

I am loyal to my countrymen. Patriotism is for FOOLS.

The Western nations of the world were built on the backs of immigrants, nobody here but the Natives are actual, real flesh and blood Canadians. Everybody else is the product of immigration.

So sorry, but no, I will not swear allegiance to the Queen Of England. And neither should you.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Terror Recruitment ?
OH! pshaw,

plan to “wipe Christianity from the face of the earth,” Islamize the West and establish an Islamic system of world government
weaselzippers.us...

A Muslim group has released its plan to “wipe Christianity from the face of the earth,” Islamize the West and establish an Islamic system of world government — placing those who resist “under a police state.”

The 23-page booklet, “The Global Islamic Civilization: The Power of a Nation Revived,” is the brainchild of the United Muslim Nations International, a group led by Sheik Farook al-Mohammedi. The document outlines a plan for Muslim world domination and the re-establishment of the Caliphate.

Al-Mohammedi leaves no doubt about his view of Christianity.

“Christianity should be destroyed and wiped from the face of the earth,” al-Mohammedi said. “It is an evil demonic and Anti-Christ system, all Christians are in complete Ignorance.”

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
In Canada we do not assimilate our immigrants, we are proud that they live their culture in our country and support their own countries abroad.

Um ... tothetenthpower ... if they are immigrants then CANADA is their 'own country'.

He's right, they should be influencing Canadian policy to keep our hands out of their homelands problems.

That's not what he said. That's what you want him to have said. What he said was that they should get high level positions in the Canadian gov't .. all the while not consider themselves to be Canadians .. and then do what is best for Iran.

People in government should be doing what is best for their own country.
In this case .. if someone has immigrated to Canada then their 'own country' is CANADA.

Would you want us Americans to go to Canada .. pretend to be Canadian .. refuse to assimulate .. then get high government jobs and start doing what is best for America instead of Canada? It would be an invasion.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Um ... tothetenthpower ... if they are immigrants then CANADA is their 'own country'.

No, their country of origin, is their home country, remember here in Canada we would called them Iranian Canadian, not Canadian Iranians.

That's not what he said. That's what you want him to have said. What he said was that they should get high level positions in the Canadian gov't .. all the while not consider themselves to be Canadians .. and then do what is best for Iran.

Do you speak farsi? What are the chances of the translation being a bit off t suit the needs of war mongers? They've done it with Ahmadinejad on multiple occasions.

People in government should be doing what is best for their own country.
In this case .. if someone has immigrated to Canada then their 'own country' is CANADA.

I would agree if we weren't trying to bomb them back into the stone age. But if we can get Iranians who can provide context to the war mongering rhetoric and keep Canada out of another senseless and unprovoked war then so be it.

Would you want us Americans to go to Canada .. pretend to be Canadian .. refuse to assimulate .. then get high government jobs and start doing what is best for America instead of Canada? It would be an invasion.

Again, no the same thing, we NEVER wanted people to assimilate, it's not the Canadian way at all. The US has a melting pot where everybody becomes "American" we do not have that. We celebrate other's cultures we are a mosaic of cultures and countries who come together to make this place great.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
remember here in Canada we would called them Iranian Canadian, not Canadian Iranians.

See now ... that just sounds so odd to me.

What are the chances of the translation being a bit off

What are the chances that the translation is deadly accurate?

we NEVER wanted people to assimilate, it's not the Canadian way at all.

Would you like me to start posting links to sociologists who say that there is a need for people to assimulate into the country they move to in order for that country to remain united and strong? To have common ties that bond them together and strengthen them? Or should I not bother ... eh? (* the 'eh' is just for you!
)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

See now ... that just sounds so odd to me.

It may, but it's truth. Same with other nations, you are a African Canadian, you are a Lebanese Canadian etc..

What are the chances that the translation is deadly accurate?

Not very good considering Farsi does not translate to english very well. And again, they've made it a habit of mis-tranlating Iranian officials when they need to push their propaganda. Google it, you'll find dozens of examples.

Would you like me to start posting links to sociologists who say that there is a need for people to assimulate into the country they move to in order for that country to remain united and strong? To have common ties that bond them together and strengthen them? Or should I not bother ... eh? (* the 'eh' is just for you!
)

I don't see how a sociologist's link would change the fact that we as Canadians, do not culturally expect or want people to assimilate. We've done a FINE job of being a united country for a long long time with our current policy of the Mosaic culture, not the melting pot.

When you can prove to me that it's not working and that somehow we are less Canadian because people aren't "assimilating" then your links will be relevant.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Sure.

Step one. Call to Iranians. Make it public.

Step two. Get Canadians nervous. Then make sure Canadians are paying close attention to Iranians.

Step three. Cry racism and profiling.

Step four. Gain more power and authority through guilt.

easy-peasy, lemmon squeasy

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

actual, real flesh and blood Canadians.
well it seems u are of a such BRILLIANCE,,
that u seem too have answered that Ages old question,,
what is an
actual, real flesh and blood Canadian.

yea timmies,,
Now ,,whats a Newfoundlander? or a guy from B.C ,, as Canadians have in Common,
"that cannot be known too any other,,other than another, other Canadian, Eh!"****

*** Bob MacKenzie. in reply
too his right honerable ,,collegue,, Doug MacKensie.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I have no idea what your post is trying to say.

Could you please elaborate and provide some coherence please?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Seems french Canadian, I have a good friend online, post just like this.

top topics

join