It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Without Bush an Al Gore Presidency?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I always hear about how bad President Bush was and he screwed this country! Well, AltHistory does a really good job explaining what would realistically happen if we had (shudders) Al Gore for President. I think it's safe to say that he would spend Trillions of Dollars on his Global Warming Agenda, before 9/11 and years after 9/11. Truth of the matter is, without Bush, we would be far more WORSE off, and quite possibly with a DEPRESSION on our hands instead of a recession

After a highly contested election, Gore was certified winner of Florida's electoral votes, thus tipping the election in his favor. As president, Gore attempted to make the environment his legacy, but history will best remember his cautious and law enforcement-minded approach to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, and the subsequent attacks that followed. The US-led military campaigns in Afghanistan and against al-Qaeda, Operation Mountain Fury I & II did not produce the results he had hoped for and, in the case of OPERATION MOUNTAIN FURY II, numerous US and Allied casualties. Domestically, Gore's economic polices caused a prolonged recession, highlighted by the highest unemployment rates in two decades. Attempted government stimulus packages did not produce the “economically responsible” turn around his administration advocated.

Gore's attempt to counter the actions of the Republican majority in Congress following 2002 Congressional Election only led to additional attacks on the United States and the beginning of a quagmire in Afghanistan. Gore sought the nomination of his party for reelection in 2004, but was edged out during the 2004 Democratic National Convention by Hillary Clinton; however, the very bitter political and personal attacks between the candidates (commonly known as the Democratic Civil War) set the Democratic Party up for defeat by the Newt Gingrich / J.C. Watts Republican ticket in the 2004 Presidential Election, a year that also saw increased Republican majorities in the House and Senate.

AltHistory-Al Gore

I really like the last paragraph

edit on 9-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
edit on 7/9/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Added EX TAGS--

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Haha, thats cool. It actually soundd realistic. I couldnt imagine the democrats not supporting the incumbent though. They support freakin obama now and his first term has been a failure.

Why couldnt we have had a good president though? Im sick of the evil #, lesser of two evils bollocks. Why cant we have one candidate that isnt evil

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The main reason we should be happy that he didn't win, is NOT having to witness another kiss between him and Tipper.

Seriously though, an interesting take to be sure. It seems plausible.
I think we would have been screwed either way. The degree to which we were to be screwed might have been different...but we would have been screwed none the less.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Parts of that seem fairly credible. The 2004 presidential election looks like Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fan Fiction.

I was raised by working class democrats and I didn't vote for Gore in 2000. Frankly -- I never forgave his family for trying to kill rock n roll in the 1980's (PMRC). As far as I am concerned, if Al Gore is the answer to any question, let the Heavens fall.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You still seem to be deluded into thinking that the guy sitting in the office has anything to do with the real world. If presidents had any real power they would not exist for long. The president just does what he is told and nothing more. We would have gotten nothing different if Gore had been elected. You waste effort worrying about the left wing or right wing of the giant vulture that is eating you alive.

The idea that more attacks would have happened without bush is silly. There are no terrorists. Period. Give me 10 dedicated men willing to die for the cause and I can bring all commerce in this nation to a stop in less than a week. It is way too simple for there to actually be anyone here in this country who are serious about terror. Terror is EASY. One man stopped the east coast a few years ago. Mr John Malvo. He had people afraid to leave their homes. 10 of those would stop the whole country.

Recession? What recession? We have been in a depression since 2008. It has not gotten one single bit better. I have applied for over 100 jobs in the last week. Zero call backs. There are no jobs out there. People who are working are losing ground and fast. Unemployment sits around 22%. Inflation is about 15%. And we are losing more jobs every day. Those who are working are facing loss of wages and cut backs on hours.

Gore would not have changed any of it at all. Things would be no different at all. I suppose you think Romney will do things different than Obama. That is just plain naive. Our owners run things and they are not going to let us slaves get ahead.

The ONLY way to have change in this country is to kill those in office and their bosses among the elite. We have no other recourse than revolution and you people still think the ballot box will help. When did it ever help before? Just once? It doesn't and can't. And it never will. Our only hope is the bullet box and 99% of you are too scared to lift a finger to fix things.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Truth of the matter is, without Bush, we would be far more WORSE off, and quite possibly with a DEPRESSION on our hands instead of a recession

The real truth of the matter is we were screwed no matter what. Why do people still believe in the delusion that any of these people would have been better than the other?

Gore would have done what he was told, just as Bush did. Obama is doing as he is told. Romney would do the same if elected.

We still would have gone to war over 9/11......spending billions of dollars and creating the real depression we are in today. That is just as much Bush's fault as it is Obama's.

If we are going to play this "what if" game, could it not be said that maybe 9/11 might not have happened at all if Gore was prez? He may have acted upon the multiple warnings that Bush decided to overlook.

This game of hypotheticals is very dangerous. Fact is Bush was president and bent this country over like a two-bit hooker. Pretending that Gore would have done tus more harm does not change our current situation, but shows how some people are still stuck in the delusional mindset that a man that never was president could have been worse then the man that was.

edit on 9-7-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is kind of a nifty site, thanks for sharing it. I've always enjoyed 'what if' scenarios. Lol, why stop at the 2000 election? Like, what if Perot wouldn't of stopped campaigning in '92, would he really win? Then what? They say no 9/11, little national debt, President Kucinich, Three party system, no Hillary Clinton and little support for neo-conservationism. it would've been great.

Or what if Napoleon manged to conqueror Europe? No Civil War, an entirely different list of Presidents (including Dick Van Dyke and Steve Martin) World War I and II and the Holocaust never happen, peace in the Middle East. And in America we currently have President Bruce Springsteen because of President Jay Leno resigning because of him being unhealthy...

Joe Biden's the host of the Late Show on CBS, Garth Brooks is a world renowned journalist, Castro's a major league baseball player, Harrison Ford and Dick Chaney are NFL coaches; Newt Gingrich is a comedian and SNL castmember and the director of Ferris Bueller's Day Off! This is ridiculous. It's like a history parody written by Cracked.com This is insane history. I love this site, thanks for sharing.
edit on 9-7-2012 by LittleJuniorMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Just playing devil's advocate here...

Who's to say that if Bush (and Cheney) never got into the white house, 9/11 would have even happened in the first place?

Not going to make any big statements because it's such a divisive subject, but what if an Al Gore presidency could have saved 3000+ American lives?

top topics

join