It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake Up America, The painting! Just stunning, And I need your help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
If you don't care what I think then stop replying.

But he isn't the only one and this is HIS thread...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

If you don't care what I think then stop replying.

But he isn't the only one and this is HIS thread...

Everyone is allowed to post in any thread. There is no rule that if the OP does not like what you're saying or is disinterested then you cannot post in a thread they have authored. Far be it from me to point out to you, which you have so decided to overlook, that ATS is a message forum for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas. It just so happens that some of these thoughts and ideas coming from other people will clash with your own. It happens.

I see that neither of you have tried to debate the merits of my claim that this artist is a propagandist. I assume that's because you have no basis on which to argue against my claim. This is most likely due to the fact that his art clearly is conservative propaganda.

Don't believe me? Look up propaganda with a quick web search.

Don't like what I'm saying? Then simply do not reply. Or do reply and say you don't like it. Either way I don't care.
edit on 7/9/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/9/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Seriously, Propaganda is anything, anybody tells you. Period

I try not to make bias claims, or try to spin anything I ever say, You obviously have an agenda to get out with your labels and trolling, and how you have a spin for everything

I only tried to share a painting, and ask who the 7 figures are... and then added some others by the same person...

You have nothing to offer this thread anymore, so why not just hit the road, Which is why I tried to end this a few posts ago, but you gotta always have the last word right? Even once your point has been made over and over again

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by boot2theface
Conservative propaganda reminiscent of soviet painters. Although no where near as talented...

I know, right? People are eating it up and not stopping to question why Bush is not portrayed in the same light as Obama in these paintings.
Bush is right behind Obama in the second painting. I'm sure the artist of these paintings has a lot of hate for Bush too... both of them have contributed to the decline and erosion of freedom and civil liberties whilst at the same time perpetuating bogus wars and increasing the national debt by ridiculous percentages. However, Obama has been in office for several years now, he is the one in the spotlight, and he has done things like sign the NDAA and similar bills which allow him to assassinate or detain American citizens indefinitely without a trial... those are very hardcore intrusions to what America stands for and what is written in the Constitution. So far you have done nothing but troll the hell out of this thread and everyone can see it plain as day...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
I can tell the first three on the left easily: Kim Jong-il, Putin and Ahmadinejad. I think the next one is Japan's PM, then a Saudi president/king/whatever, then Bernanke and I'm unsure of the last guy.

Timothy Geithner, I think.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Another key hanging from the left hand side of the guys wheelchair (almost under his left arm).

Padlock hanging from chain of red haired girl at edge of painting on left.
edit on 8-7-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

Key in the right hand of guy under Obamas right leg.

Padlock - guy with the hacksaw in foreground - right leg.

The woman holding the child and watching the guy saw with the hacksaw is also holding a key.

Isn't that just like a woman...

Sorry ladies, I had to go there but I found it amusing.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Bully? check
Elitist? check
Narcissist? check

So your a Progressive? So?

How can anyone debate anything with you, when you have not said anything yet?

Obama is a "propagandist".
You are a "propagandist".
Bush was a "propagandist".

The painting and it's message is the topic here though. How do you counter it's message? Deconstruct the message and then people can debate you, otherwise your just looking for arguments and adding nothing.

We are becoming progressively less free with each President and Congress adding to the limitations on our freedom. Why would you consider that to not be true. In what way are we moving the other direction?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

so, you tell God where is place is. How's that going for you.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Well, I tried to make a Venn diagram of "Things That Exist" and "God" and the two just wouldn't overlap. So I just had two circles.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Shill propaganda.

The artist is great, but the message is that Republicans worry about little joe american...they don't! They want more for themselves and less for everyone else. Regan is worried about the little guy...please. George Bush looking at the guy on the bench looking worried...OH COME ON!

Shill propaganda. Don't feed to this crap because the artist is good. Think for yourself and see clearly.

Who paid this artist??? That's what everyone should be asking.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
MODS: Really wasnt sure what forum, So move if needed, Thanks!

Alright, I found this painting today, I normally could care less about paintings, but this just has me fascinated...
The video really highlights alot of the key points of the painting, with commentary from the artist, and why he did it.

Make sure to scroll over too, as you cant fully see the painting

Also if you go here you can click on the painting, and then be able to zoom in to see the amazing detail

Now to my question/what I need help with...

Who are the 7 figures behind Obama?

The only one I can tell for sure is Ben Bernanke

Again, you can zoom into the painting by clicking the link above
edit on 8-7-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

Going from left to right:

Leader: N. Korea
Leader: Russia
Leader: Iran
Leader: Arab Emmerates
Leader: China
Federal Reserve: Bernaki
Federa; Reserve: Tim Geitner

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Truly beautiful painting that you posted. I dont live in the U.S. but I live in Canada and I really think that the world needs to wake up already because this is really getting out of hand already.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Conservative propaganda reminiscent of soviet painters. Although no where near as talented...

I know, right? People are eating it up and not stopping to question why Bush is not portrayed in the same light as Obama in these paintings. Bush was the one who signed the Patriot Act into law and started our country down the road to tyranny. Obama was just passed the baton.

Obama ran on CHANGE. You see any change?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant but that they know so much that isn’t so. -Ronald Reagan

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views"
William F. Buckley Jr.

So who is this guy? A great and renowned art dealer from an especially lauded art clearinghouse?

No no he's a conservationist at a New York museum, right?

You can smell this America basher from a mile..

ETA, I think it's a great painting, maybe not comparable to DaVinci, but DaVinci wasn't trying to paint American politics either huh. star and flag
edit on 10-7-2012 by rbnhd76 because: forgot to address the OP

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

It's already too late.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

I know, right? People are eating it up and not stopping to question why Bush is not portrayed in the same light as Obama in these paintings. Bush was the one who signed the Patriot Act into law and started our country down the road to tyranny. Obama was just passed the baton.

Obama ran on CHANGE. You see any change?

That's the point I was making.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join