It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding "one world religion"....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This concept of a one world religion seems to be very popular among christians. Can someone please explain what is meant by one world religion? Serious question.

Just how do you imagine anybody is going to enforce a religion that everybody would follow? Do you suppose hindus and muslims and buddhists would suddenly let go of their age old traditions and suddenly embrace a one world religion?

I mean, if you wont let go of what you believe in and embrace a one world religion... what makes you think people from other religions would discard their religion and embrace a one world religion?

edit on 8-7-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

By the time that we get there half the world will be dead and what is left will be shattered and dying. There will be no hope and no way out but death.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I mean, if you wont let go of what you believe in and embrace a one world religion... what makes you think they would discard their religion and embrace a one world religion?

It will be many Christians who will have to let go of many falsehoods as well, not just the others that you have spoken on.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
I mean, if you wont let go of what you believe in and embrace a one world religion... what makes you think people from other religions would discard their religion and embrace a one world religion?

Forced death or exile for all who refuse to conform. Kind of like Sharia.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Revelations 13:11-18

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Just how do you imagine anybody is going to enforce a religion that everybody would follow? Do you suppose hindus and muslims and buddhists would suddenly let go of their age old traditions and suddenly embrace a one world religion?

There are many trains of thought on this. Too many to cover every sect of belief in what it all means. But from reading the verses above, and other verses that seem to point to a similar time frame, we can deduce that this one world system and religion will be in the form of a global theocracy. No more separation of church and state.

We can also deduce that the leader(s) will have to pull off quite a feat to deceive the whole world into believing and accepting this new religion and system as the undeniable truth and path the world should pursue. And the verses say just that, in a metaphorical sense. Taking the bible literally, and at face value for the moment, It would be the grandest deception ever perpetrated on humans, complete with sights, sounds, and events that would curl your toes.

As I said, there are many theories and scenarios on this, but imagine a series of archaeological finds that call into question ALL religions worldwide. Now imagine a simultaneous announcement that remnants of ancient civilizations have been found in abundance in our solar system, and there are numerous similarities between those ruins, and our own history. And the icing on the cake? We are not alone in the universe. In fact, our "creators" are now here to show us the true path of enlightenment... so on and so forth.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

I mean, if you wont let go of what you believe in and embrace a one world religion... what makes you think they would discard their religion and embrace a one world religion?

It will be many Christians who will have to let go of many falsehoods as well, not just the others that you have spoken on.

When I spoke on mine, I am talking about when Jesus will unite all of the churches to one. I see others here are talking about something entirely different. I apologize for not understanding what you have meant here.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Excellent post. This explains it all, I was going to quote these verses as well.
All anyone needs to know is here. Watch for the signs they are starting to appear.
Funny how people still dismiss the bible as fiction yet they ignore the endless prophecies that have come true and are still coming true each and everyday. How could they have known over 2000 years ago exactly what was going to happen and how its going to happen and when?
you can read Revelations and use it as a play by play of world events happening right now .

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

We can also deduce that the leader(s) will have to pull off quite a feat to deceive the whole world into believing and accepting this new religion and system as the undeniable truth and path the world should pursue.

This I agree with.. but even if he does pull off such a feat... how does one say only non-christians would follow this new one world religion? What makes christians exempt from following it as well?

----------------------------------------------

Furthermore, about one world religion.... What about atheists?
If they dont accept religion today, how can one think they will accept a religion tomorrow?

Does it mean, atheists have a better chance of being saved when this evil "one world religion" arises?
Serious question. I just dont think an idea of a one world religion would even work.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Most people in the world already engage in what will become the one world religion. They just call it different names. There have been movements off and on, so called ecumenical movements, to merge religions. When "he" comes he will appear as god and he will have the power to back up the claim. The will be opposition, but it will not live.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Agreed, it is not easy to imagine.
The suggestion of Sun Myung Moon was that somebody would appear (and he obviously meant himself) who would be Christ to the Christians, Krishna to the Hindus, Buddha to the Buddhists etc.
I'm not at all sure this would work in practice, because someone who could appeal to the Christians would automatically alienate the Jews, and so on.
There's the possibility of the "pantheon" effect; people retaining their traditional beliefs, while also subscribing to an "umbrella" system covering all of them.
This would work best if the "umbrella" was completely new, without previous bad associations for anyone.
In one of my threads, I speculated on the possibility that the increasing personification of Gaia would do the trick, especially if the world had become panic-stricken about environmental matters in the interval.

edit on 8-7-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This I agree with.. but even if he does pull off such a feat... how does one say only non-christians would follow this new one world religion? What makes christians exempt from following it as well?

Christians believe they worship the one true God, and therefore have his spirit inside of them. It is this "Holy Spirit" within them that will keep them from being deceived by this entity or system that presents it/himself as the savior of all "mankind". So from their perspective, those without Christ, will be taken in by the "strong delusion".

Furthermore, about one world religion.... What about atheists? If they dont accept religion today, how can one think they will accept a religion tomorrow?

Does it mean, atheists have a better chance of being saved when this evil "one world religion" arises?
Serious question. I just dont think an idea of a one world religion would even work.

Christians believe no one but themselves are exempt from this grand deception because of the aforementioned Spirit within them. So even atheists will have a change of heart, and be deceived.

As an aside, there are Christians who believe they will be taken from the earth by God before all of this comes to fruition. Hence, those Christians who go through the "tribulation" will be those who were converted after the "rapture"(Those removed by God).
You have another group who believes in a midpoint rapture(removal), and yet a third group that believes Christians will go through all of it, and only be "raptured" at the second coming of Christ. Yes, it gets confusing, and there are whole doctrines built around each.

From a non-Christian perspective, one could view the book of Revelations as a playbook written in allegory by the same type of people who are pushing for global governance today. From that angle, a one world religion takes on a whole new meaning.

It would be more of an allegory for a commonly held, and global belief. What that belief might be is hard to say, but it could even be non-belief. That could still characterize the allegory used here for a one world "religion", and it even adds a hint of irony. That's just an example, of course.

The idea for a one world theocracy goes back to ancient times. It is no surprise that it is still alive today, and has many powerful adherents that are, shall we say, religious about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This concept of a one world religion seems to be very popular among christians. Can someone please explain what is meant by one world religion? Serious question.

edit on 8-7-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

You "enforce" it by removing the heads of those who don't agree. Muhammad's method of conversion.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The Bahai Faith tries to do that. It includes all peoples under one God, and all traditions as meaningful. While I am not a member of it, or any other organized "faith" system, it has a decent message for mankind -- insofar as it addresses the fact that there can only be ONE truth, and it is truth for EVERYONE.

Nevertheless, it is still a made-up tradition by a guy who people think was the latest Messiah or prophet, who happened to be Muslim by birth, and they expect Judgment Day to arrive at last, so that everyone everywhere will "get it" beyond question.

Anyone can attend their services, but only "members" can give them donations (which is fine by me, I was a visitor at the temple in Chicago, not a member, and found it refreshing that they weren't asking anything from me and my family except to be silent while inside the temple. And so we were. Not so, though, some of the others visiting...apparently "silence" to them meant "LOUD WHISPERING".)

In the basement there is a "visitor's center" with a museum-like explanation of it, a reading room, a book/gift shop, a video presentation, and lots of pictures and historical tidbits. On one wall they have a row of plaques with the names of those of the Bahai Faith that have been murdered for it.

Sad.

edit on 8-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You "enforce" it by removing the heads of those who don't agree. Muhammad's method of conversion.

And in your version of christianity, Jesus' doesn't even attempt to convert...he just obliterates all non-christians, right?

I'm sure you also have scriptural justification for this.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

And in your version of christianity, Jesus' doesn't even attempt to convert...he just obliterates all non-christians, right?

I'm sure you also have scriptural justification for this.

No, he judges those who made the conscious choice themselves to align with the beast by accepting his "mark".

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No, he judges those who made the conscious choice themselves to align with the beast by accepting his "mark".

What about those who doesn't profess Christ, but didn't take the mark?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

What about those who doesn't profess Christ, but didn't take the mark?

They will populate the millennial Kingdom if they pass the "sheep and goats" judgment.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

They will populate the millennial Kingdom if they pass the "sheep and goats" judgment.

Then they will be tested during this time, to see if they will inherit the new Earth?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Then they will be tested during this time, to see if they will inherit the new Earth?

Everyone must endure testing. Satan will be loosed at the end of the 1000 years.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Everyone must endure testing.

Seems like we do, every day. We're all tested to the limits of our ability...each in his or her own way.

But...if there's gonna be another one... is it going to be open book??

<<   2  3  4 >>

join