It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the "Good Guys"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I would like to have a broad, constructive discussion regarding the downfall of the U.S., politically, economically and socially.

I'm not interested in partisan bicker; it's clear that both parties are on the same team and if you haven't come to that realization yet, please don't participate as you lack the knowledge to contribute anything useful.

My question is this; at one time, any attack on the Constitution would have politicians screaming bloody murder. Any Senate bill that even hinted at a possible invasion of privacy would surly get shot down. So where are "those" politicians? Are there any good guys left who haven't fallen for the whole "terrorist" threat mantra?

We have the Obama Justice Department suing states simply because they want to keep the voter rolls clean by having voter ID laws. This isn't new! I'm from Michigan and I had to present my Voter ID card when I voted! After the fiasco of 2008 with ACORN, you would think the republicans would be watching this election even closer. The fact that Holder doesn't want states making an effort to hold clean elections should have Mitt Romney using that to his advantage, but he won't say a word. I'm not singling out democrats here...they just happen to be the ones in the White House and they are the ones being backed by ACORN in 2008...it's not partisan, just the facts. If it were the other way around, I would feel the same way.

We have drones over the US now. As I mentioned in another post, that's about as "1984" as you can get and it's only getting worse. We have slowly sold our sovereignty to world organization like the UN, the WTO, the World Bank, World Health Organization, etc. That in itself should have any politician who swore to uphold their oath livid with anger but we don't even hear a whisper.

My question is; where are the good guys? Is there anybody in government who sees this and is willing to stand up and put a stop to it? In the military? Pentagon? Anywhere?

Are we really without any ally in the US Government who sees the destruction of the U.S., our freedoms, illegal wars and invasions, Constitution-violating bills and acts?

The downfall of the U.S. is like the 800 lb. gorilla in the room; nobody talks about it! Everybody pretends it isn't happening! How can the news anchors sit there day after day, reporting propaganda and have absolutely no conscience about it?

I have only one explanation and it's not a simple one but it's the only one that makes sense.

Our government has used "civil freedom" to strip society of any kind of moral compass. There is really one basis for a moral compass and that is through belief of a higher power. By removing any kind of moral compass and all spiritual belief from society and in fact, from those in power, it makes corruption far easier to pull off. My reasoning is that I don't believe anybody with any kind of self-respect and moral values could sit in front of a camera and spew lies, day after day after day. You can argue that they don't know it's a lie but I don't buy it. You and I, regular folks, see what is happening around us. We see the destruction of society right before our eyes. If we can see it, I tend to believe that those in power see it as well. The difference is, we still have some sense of right and wrong. We still have a moral compass and sense of justice whereas they don't. They take their multi-million dollar paychecks and ignore the little people with the attitude of "if I can't see it, then it's not there".

In the words of Paula Cole, "Where have all the Cowboys gone"? What's your theory? Why is there nobody standing up for the U.S. and defending us against the tyranny? The invasion of privacy? The corruption in government and on Wall Street? The illegal wars? Corrupt elections? The dissolution of our sovereignty? Illegal use of "black ops"/mercenaries? The assassination of an American citizen abroad?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

They are all gone my friend. Either bought and paid for, murdered or just unwilling to dive into the muck that is now our political system.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
They aren't considered " Good guys " to the people who tell the masses things, so to us we won't see them as good guys unless you do research. To go into congress or any political theater and " try to do good " is the fastest means to get out of politics. Politics have been set up precisely to secure jobs, power and a streamlined way to sway votes to a certain law, reform, or regulation.

In other words, it's opposite day, everyday in politics. The bad guys are normally the good guys and the good guys are normally the bad guys. The things they push for in the name of the people, are normally the selfish one sides issues that cripple the country as it is today.

The good guys are the reason that nothing really happens in our favor in politics. They play fair, they play balanced, and therefor they don't win. So when they change their tactics and try another route, they become the bad guys since you cannot get what you want in politics without giving another what they wanted.

And this is why having 600 or so people deciding the fate of the country, is more ass-o-nine than having the people decide for themselves. You cannot have a democracy, and only have a minority of people speaking for the majority, in many instances this is how governing an country goes down, down, down....

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Simply the "good guys" can't afford to run for political office. The system is setup to ensure every candidate has to try and defeat the darkside from within and once in it's grasp there is no coming back from that.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

I'm sure the congressmen and senators see what we see with the american people: they don't give a this. They were corrupt, all of them, from the beginning, because they only wanted to get elected, so they just figure out what people want, and then they tell them they'll give it to them. Doesn't matter if it's actually good for us or them or anyone, as long as it's what they want.

The people are corrupted in their minds, and so are the elected. They're both a problem. Who wants to go around speaking the truth if you know it'll be career suicide? Only honest men would. Honest men don't go into politics.

We are all f'ed, because the public doesn't care. That's right, it's likely your neighbors, friends, and family who have their heads so far in the sand they can't even wiggle their toes -- they are the ones letting all this go on unchecked. They keep voting one side or the other, and blaming the other side. My devil people, they're both corrupt scum! STOP voting. It's all just to keep you feeling you have a voice. YOU DON'T. They don't even let you choose the guy who gets in anymore. They prefer to do that now if they have to, too. Voter fraud.

The american people are corrupt. The politicians always have been. At least now, they don't have to try to be honest. People wouldn't know a lie if they heard one, or care if they did. They won't get upset anymore. There are mind altering "drugs" that can help them zone out: TV, music, church, their stupid peers (friends, family). They're all freaking crazy.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moneyisgodlifeisrented
They aren't considered " Good guys " to the people who tell the masses things, so to us we won't see them as good guys unless you do research. To go into congress or any political theater and " try to do good " is the fastest means to get out of politics. Politics have been set up precisely to secure jobs, power and a streamlined way to sway votes to a certain law, reform, or regulation.

In other words, it's opposite day, everyday in politics. The bad guys are normally the good guys and the good guys are normally the bad guys. The things they push for in the name of the people, are normally the selfish one sides issues that cripple the country as it is today.

The good guys are the reason that nothing really happens in our favor in politics. They play fair, they play balanced, and therefor they don't win. So when they change their tactics and try another route, they become the bad guys since you cannot get what you want in politics without giving another what they wanted.

And this is why having 600 or so people deciding the fate of the country, is more ass-o-nine than having the people decide for themselves. You cannot have a democracy, and only have a minority of people speaking for the majority, in many instances this is how governing an country goes down, down, down....

Yah know, it's strange this whole mess kinda reminds me of the Story blizzard has for Start Craft 2 - not the entire thing mind you, but the premesis behind the story is in the beginning, the humans are fighting a rebaling against a galactic federal dictator, yah i know the scope in the story is way bigger, but the point is. They guy that helps bring change is of the same corruption just used differently, not for power or personal gain but for who, and those he loves. It just seems like the people are going to have to find someone that can either battle head-on the bankers and corporations or someone will have to bring it down from the inside.

It also seems that If we can somehow move to a resource based economy where, education, food, and all the basics of life are provided cause the citizens own all the resources, the goal is to achieve what ever it is that benefits the nation or world. We will always need engineers, inventors, entertainers. Would it not seem more.....i dont know...wholesome to feel good about making a difference then the empty satisfaction the few gets from hording the wealth and keeping it from you for no other reason then they feel you don't deserve it, we are benefit them and pretty much nothing we do will matter.

The Missing Good Guys? hands are pretty much tied cause in order to work the current system you have to know every corrupt route to smooze your way through. I can almost guarantee whomever decides to take that on will be sacrificing themselves for the whole, cause after you go through the trouble of making the change for everyone, said person would no longer belong in that society. so lots of things to think on, prolly get flamed but it just seems with the population and tech we have, you would think the humans would be considered the greatest resource and we should use the natural resources to help our race achieve greatness, not only on earth but through the stars as well. Oh if only we were ready to grow up.

Thanks for my rant, i think it might have got off topic. My Apologies!! Situation our Country...Hell the World is in Sucks!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The good guys are dead. Ron Paul is good...but will be kept at bay by evil dudes.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The baby boomers left them at church.

True story

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

There are no good guys. I used to think Ron Paul was something special.
Not so much anymore he is a sell out just like his son.

The truth be told there is nothing we can do. We have already lost. The country will turn more fascist every year. The kids are being taught the progressive mindset of the greater good. Europe will lead the way for the rest of the world. The American dream is long gone. And nothing can be done about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by onewhoknowstruth
The good guys are dead. Ron Paul is good...but will be kept at bay by evil dudes.

Ron Paul is weak of heart and mind. Just like his son. It was all a lie.

2nd

top topics

join