It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theme park ruins.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have always been fascinated by abandoned theme parks.. So I figured I would share some of the "lesser known" ones with "ATS".. Enjoy. I will post more later..

"Journey into the Imagination Playground"

an entire upstairs playground inside the Journey Into Imagination pavilion - a closed and partially dismantled cornucopia of various attractions for kids, including huge kaleidoscopes and vibrating mirrors, bubble projectors and rainbow corridors. Most of these attractions were user-controlled, with some capable of producing custom music, light shows and even blue screen effects:

Source.

"Disneys Discovery island"

Tucked away in plain sight in the middle of Disney’s Bay Lake lies the 11.5-acre abandoned piece of property formerly known as Discovery Island.

Source.

"Six Flags New Orleans"

New Orleans has come a long way since Hurricane Katrina. But at the old Six Flags Jazzland amusement park, which was abandoned after the massive 2005 storm, there's a whole lot of creepiness and no clear sign of recovery.

Source.

"Wonderland China"

Wonderland was supposed to be a fantastic amusement park just 45 minutes outside of Beijing, on the way to the Great Wall. Judging from the partially built castle, it was clearly meant to resemble Disney.

Source

"Spreepark"

Surreal Abandoned Amusement Park in Berlin

Source.
edit on 7-7-2012 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wow, nice post these places are pretty wild, could film another " Killer klowns from outer space " here.

And HOLY COW, imagine the money to be made recycling at these places.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom has been closed since 2009 as well. I miss that place. It was always a great place to take the kids.
It had something to do with not being able to agree on a new lease.
editby]edit on 7/7/2012 by theduke269 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/7/2012 by theduke269 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by theduke269

I was thinking that same thing. Since they closed Kentucky Kingdom I believe we have lost so much money, not to mention it gave our kids something to do and stay somewhat out of trouble. I for one could enjoy the water park they had.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. They are one of my fascinations too.
Heres one of my favs-and the site as well-

The Enchanted(spooky) Forest, MD:

Pic source, has info, many images, comments...

new topics

top topics

join