It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Pantheon For A New Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hello fellow writers,

This is my first contribution to the writers forum and I wanted to make it as versatile as possible. As you will see there are 13 main characters that can take this story in 13,000 directions. The beginning I have written would be known as Chapter 1: The Council of gods. I would ask that the next 12 replies be an introduction of the remaining 12 characters. Once this is complete chapter 2 may begin. If someone would like to start a thread discussing plot advances please feel free to do so. I do not wish to limit the creativity of the contributors, so please, if the notion strikes you and the creative juices are flowing feel free to post as you wish.

Agarta

_____________________________________________________________________________________
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄ ❄❄❄❄❄❄

A Pantheon For A New Age

Chapter 1

The Council of gods

Michal Jawarski is sitting at his computer just about to post his 10,000th post on ATS. It's December 21st 2012 11:48 pm and his post was an "I told you so" post. He hits "reply", watches his post come up on the screen and closes his laptop. He smiles, stands up, and walks outside to look at the night sky. Its a cloudless sky and the Milky Way is clearly visible with the moon, he notes, at about a 62% first quarter in its phase. The air has a chill, but it's not as cold as it has been, so he decides to spend some time looking at the dark rift through his telescope.

At first it was a single point of light where light should not be. As he watched it seemed to be getting bigger and brighter and coming his way. As he looks up to see it with his naked eye he realizes it is indeed coming right at him and at the last moment, dives to the side to avoid being hit. There is a flash of light and a loud crashing thud as it hits his telescope and then the ground. He gains his composure and looks for what had almost hit him, he sees a trench dug into the earth with a hot glowing sphere about the size of a bowling ball at its end.

After some time, its heat seems to dissipate, but that glow, that eerie glow, doesn't seem to be fading at all. He gathers his courage, and approaches it. As he gets closer it begins to levitate to his head height and a being of light is projected in front of him. "Is this an alien?" he thinks as it begins to speak. Its voice is soft and inviting although he does not understand what it is saying but he soon realizes it is going through the different languages of Earth attempting to find the one Michal will understand.

When it comes to English, Michal reacts in understanding and the vision continues to speak in English. "You have been randomly chosen, You are the one" it says, to which Michal replies with fear and excitement in his voice, "I am the one? For what?". It replies, "Every 36,000 of your years a new god is chosen to walk among men, within this vessel, you will find a center ring and 12 rings surrounding that one in the center. Yours is the center ring as you are the chosen".

"I'm to be a god on Earth?" Michal interrupts, "Yes", the vision continues, "All the rings give their bearer the power of immortality and eternal youth, as long as they remain on the finger, your ring encompasses the power of all the Earthly elements, where the other 12 are single elements unto themselves. There are 3 with the powers of Fire, 3 with the powers of water, 3 with powers of air, and 3 with the powers of Earth." "Who gets the other 12 rings?" Michal asks, to which the vision replies, "You are to choose your council, just as, what you call the Egyptian gods, did."

With that the vision vanished and the sphere dropped to the ground and split open. Inside were 13 purple crystals each holding a ring. Michal stands there staring at them, pondering what to do next, knowing HE will alter the course of Human history. He bends over and takes the center ring and places it on his finger. A surge of energy flows through him and the ring re-sizes itself to fit. He feels the power of the Universe flowing through his body, and the realization of limitless power and ability become known to him.

Who shall be my council he thinks. With this thought he realizes his choices will dictate what kind of council he will be creating. What is it I wish to do? He thinks, with this power I could take over the world and do things the way I want it done. A smile comes across his face and he vanishes, teleporting to the first of the council of 12 to present their ring.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

edit on 7-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

She sat sobbing in the field as the Sun began to rise that morning. Her deep red hair flowing in the breeze, the sound of the soft wind shaking the barley filled her ears, as it shimmered with the rays of light, only serving to remind her of her husbands passing as he was unable to do the harvest this year. She was finally working through the 4th stage of grief over the loss of her husband and child last summer. She looked up at the rising Sun searching for a single ray of hope when he appeared.

Although he was silhouetted by the Sun at his back, she could see the dark brown highlights in his hair. As he came closer she could see his hazel eyes as he looked at her. They were almost emotionless even though he wore a slight smile. Normally she would have been angry or even a little scared having a man on her property and her husband not around but the sadness that filled her heart left no room for any other feeling.

“Hi, I’m Michal” he said to her as he sat down about 5 feet in front of her. “I heard your call and have come to answer your prayer”. There was only silence for what seemed to be forever when he finally asked, “ What is your name?”. She sniffed and said, “Sarah…Sarah McMullan”. “Well Sarah, I have come to offer you a gift. A gift of power, a gift of life.” Michal said. Sarah looked down at her folded hands and a tear drop fell from her cheek. “Why?” she asked. After a moment Michal replied, ”I have had so much pain in my heart for so long I have let my emotions go. When I heard your call it was full of such compassion and love and I knew you were the one. I have been given the gift of being a Man-god on Earth and I am building my council of 12. I have chosen you to receive the gift of the element of Fire”

After a long period of silence Sarah said, “I don’t understand”, to which Michal said, ”Take this ring, put it on and all will be understood.” Michal reaches out to give the ring to Sarah. She stares at it. The Ruby set in gold seems to flicker as it glistens in the morning Sun. She takes it, places it on her finger, it resizes to fit sending a rush of energy through her body and she bursts into flames. She jumps up screaming and runs around in total confusion. After a moment she realizes that she is not burning, there is no heat at all and that she is not on fire, but has become fire itself.

She senses herself wrapped in Warmth and Compassion with a deeper understanding of Love and Passion. As she calms down she returns to her physical form and an understanding of her new abilities wash over her. She feels the peace of the single flame, the violence of a raging fire and the balance of Love and Hate found within.
With this, she looks to Michal in understanding and smiles. Michal returns the smile and says, “ I must continue to form the council of 12, I will return.” And with that was gone as fast as he had first appeared leaving Sarah to contemplate her new life.

edit on 9-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
He sat on his stool, with wispy smoke curling around him, the plastic cups with a scanty base of water set out less than a half hour before.

He exhaled smoothly, his breath adding to the cloudiness in the room, and ordered another beer.

Glancing at his smart phone, he knew it was late, but without having a need to go anywhere, he was content to sit and drink, numbing his mind, and he was doing a good job of it since he had gotten there.

The door opened, and he glanced at the person walking in. A plain male, walking steady, rather handsome, but non-interesting. Stephan nursed his beer, and he cringed inwardly as the newcomer decided to pick the stool next to him. The cute bartender, a blond wearing a push-up bra and having ample cleavage, came over to take his order.

"Bud Light."

"Want a glass with that, hun?"

"No, just a bottle."

The bartender fulfilled his wish, and wandered off to work on other tasks. She wasn't interested in tips this late at night, she was interested in closing.

The stranger took a long draw, draining the bottle half way. Stephan glanced over, and caught his eyes. They locked for a brief moment, and in that moment Stephan felt a chill course up and down his spine.

They both sat there, silent, the clock ticking a regular beat, time passing. The newcomer spoke first, ignoring Stephan's silent plea for silence.

"Got a job?"

Stephen couldn't help but respond, bittered and sallowed.

"Just lost it. 15 years, and they let me go, a downturn in the economy. Screw Obama."

"Want another one?"

Stephen looked at the new guy, wondering. He didn't seem like a scam artist, and as he knew he was drinking his last few dollars away, he was willing to embrace any opportunity for income.

"What do you have in mind?" Stephan asked warily, "It's nothing illegal, is it?"

"My name is Michal, and no, it's not." Michal grinned, welcoming Stephan to listen further.

Stephan reached out, and shook his hand, and gave him his name as well. The handshake solidified a newfound trust, even through the influence of alcohol.

"So what is the job? Is it long term?"

Michal chuckled, and nodded. "Yes, it's rather long term. You shouldn't need to worry about employment again."

Stephan raised his eyebrows, quizzically.

"I want you to join my board of directors."

Stephan drew back, a plethora of thoughts running through his mind, suddenly wary.

"What exactly does that entail? Who are you?"

"The details aren't important right now. I have an offer on the table before you, and you simply have to choose."

Stephan stood up, rather clumsily, feeling the effects of all he had to drink, but quickly being sobered by this crazy proposition.

"I won't chose anything without more details."

Michal put his hand on his shoulder, and held out his other hand. Inside was a ring. A dark brown color, Stephan picked it up to look at it closer. It shimmered, and he felt drawn to it. It hummed with a slight vibration, and he was enthralled.

"Put it on," Michal compelled him, "and see."

Whether through the loss of inhibition carried forth from the alcohol he'd consumed, or the knowledge of a hopeless future, Stephan placed the ring upon his left hand ring finger.

Reality spun around him, and he held firm to the earth, while the spirits and sky swirled around him. He felt himself growing roots, planted deep within the ground, the concrete beneath his feet a malleable barrier that had no strength against his new found ability. Stephan looked at Michal, almost afraid, but firm.

"This ring? This ring does that?"

"Yes," Michal replied, "As long as you wear it. I am building a council, a board of directors, and should you choose, I would welcome you aboard. If you do, I'll be in touch."

"I accept."

Words spoken, Michal faded from view, and Stephan looked around the bar. Noone seemed none the wiser of his encounter, as if his experience was a mere illusion, save the Agate ring now upon his left hand.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
____________________________________________________________________________________

Luckily, he saw them first.

It wasn’t the first time Xavier had been in trouble with the law, but when he unmistakeably saw the two suits shaking down other patrons and flashing his photo around, he knew there would be strife coming his way – and soon.

He bumped and crashed among the drunk and otherwise affected patrons of the nightclub, each swaying unsteadily to the deep thrum and ear-belting bass that rattled the floor with each beat. He looked back often, seeing the two men, one a skinny, haggard example of poor health, the other a mountain of flesh sewn together with armani and sunglasses closing fast.

He finally rushed headlong through a fire exit, the sting of heavy rain pelting his eyes as the doof-doof of the music faded. He looked left, right, squinting against the flashy lights of the city, and the driving sheets of water highlighted by the yellow lights overhead.

He turned to the further exit, a single dumpster bin giving him somewhere to hide as his hurried footsteps splashed through the puddles. Somewhere behind him, he heard the fire exit door thrown open, and a deep grunt from the meat suit. Who the hell wears sunglasses at night? he thought as he spun quickly behind the bin, ducking low. The rain ran in rivulets down his face as he heard the guttural and pitched voices of the suits, conversing quietly as to his whereabouts.

After a few moments Xavier braved a look above the bin. The skinny suit was flitting shadow to shadow, the lights seeming to make him uncomfortable. There was no mistaking it though, both suits had blackened pistols extending from their arms. Clearly they were serious. Xavier panicked. He had been in run-ins with the law before, but guns? Was he that much of a threat?

“Over there,” he clearly heard the big suit mutter. His adrenalin rising, Xavier made ready to run, hoping the bullets would avoid him and the darkness would be his ally until he could escape out into the busy street beyond.
He lurched up and took one great stride as the suits shouted, levelling their guns. He heard the shot as the rain stung his face, his terror spiked as he waited for the terrible hurt to come. He fell to his knees, trying to desperately avoid death, wondering what he had done to draw this destiny down upon him.

The first thing out of place he noticed was the rain fell like a slow drip from a tap. Sure, there were endless drops filling the alley like a silver curtain, but they just hung there, descending ever so slowly. He turned in confusion, running his open hand through the rain, seeing it pool across his outstretched palm. Behind him the two suits were frozen in the moment, the skinny one on one knee, his gun leading his arm. The big suit stood over him, still getting his pistol aimed. Between them, the silver pellet just fired hung in the air, slowly carving a path through the rain. Xavier walked up to it, and plucked it out of the air.

“Xavier Mintrim.” He spun quickly, dropping the bullet to the ground. Like a beacon of light a man stood before him, silhouetted in the street lights. Xavier squinted as the stranger strode forth slowly, making ready to run, fearing another attack. Yet something pulled at him to stay, a curiosity and a warmth he could not explain.

“Who the hell are you?” he challenged, although as he approached, he felt his trust grow.

“My name is Michal,” the stranger spoke, taking a step forward. Like Xavier, he was a young man. But his eyes spoke of a wisdom of eons.

“What is happening here? Has time stopped?” Michal smiled, encompassing Xavier.

“In a way yes. You see Xavier, you have been chosen.” Xavier did a double take.

“Chosen? By who?”

“By me. I need you Xavier, to serve at my side, in my council of twelve.” This time Xavier laughed mockingly.

“Yeah right man,” he retorted flatly. He had heard enough.

“Xavier,” Michal placed a hand upon his shoulder. He paused.

“With this ring you will have control of the element of water. Look around you. Look at the dangers you face.” He motioned to the two suits, placing a brilliant sapphire ring in Xavier’s hand.

“With this ring, you never need fear those who do you harm. Ever.” Xavier looked down at the flawless ring in his palm, then back at the two suits. Before he had realised, the ring was on his finger, a perfect fit.

“I must take my leave now Xavier. I will seek you out at a later time when the council is complete.”

Time sped up, the suits taking aim. Imbued with the power of the elements at his side, he sent a huge wall of water that struck them down, sending the bullets wide, and the suits sliding down the alley uncontrollably.
Summoning a tornado of water about him, Xavier winged away high into the darkened skies, to face his new destiny.
_________________________________________________________________________________
edit on 20-7-2012 by 74Templar because: typos

edit on 20-7-2012 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

top topics

join