It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. drone kills 12 suspected militants in Pakistan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
Pakistan loudly protests the drone strikes publicly, but privately supports them. It's the old "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. I'm sure the intel we get from them benefits them more than us.

Quoted for truth.

They really don't give a damn.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by JMech
Pakistan loudly protests the drone strikes publicly, but privately supports them. It's the old "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing. I'm sure the intel we get from them benefits them more than us.

Quoted for truth.

They really don't give a damn.

You mean the people or the government?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
pakistan/india are in a circle jerk, the loser nukes the other off map, its a no blink situation, after 9/11 pakistan said they would help america anyway they could, if they would stop these injuns wanting what is there back, america agreed, till, benazir bhutto went on live tv claimed bin laden died years ago through natural causes, she was immediately killed, the military junta was aloud too rule with an iron fist till it turned out they were running druks outs to america cheaper than america was selling themselves.
america then bomb all dealers in pakistan, still with a military guy in charge wile india know the pakistanis have zero backing, yet how chinese fighters look cleaning up.
pissing contest, that is all.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Well, if that's the case perhaps the pakistani government informed them or the US intending to kill them, but didn't have the balls to say no to the shoot first americans, as they would rather be on the US " Friend " side rather than terrorists/terrorist supporters list. The US has had great relations with people and Nations it has recently bombed the # out of and is in current conflict with. I kind of view the US as that big fat bully that outsizes everyone in like 3rd grade, with the few scrawny kids that hang out with him along for the fun. They are afraid of the bully but because they are friends, and they help him bully they think they are safe. We all know how this can turn out, the fat kid may bully them a bit, and when the others grow up bigger or don't need the bully he ends up alone, or facing a horrible realization now that they're all capable of taking care of themselves the bully gets # on.

It's kind of funny how the US doesn't seem to understand or be able to control it's bullying problem. It's what your nation does best!

If I heard my government wanted to kill my neighbour and I didn't think he was guilty of the things he was accused of, I would probably help him escape too. Pssst, wanna know a secret. I don't think there are any real terrorists out to get the united states that aren't American, american trained, or american funded. Don't tell anyone k.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Most if not all of the drone strikes are in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas...Pakistan secretly thanks the CIA and sends gifts and greetings on Christmas for the help.

Apparently, the militants in these areas have broken a number of treaties with Pakistan and are far more likely to focus their attention to attacking the Pakistani government proper if the drone strikes stopped.

I am surprised the vast majority of people haven't arrived at the conclusion that it would suck to be a hardcore adherent and card carrying member of Militant Islam at this point in history; nothing is going to stop this.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by mikemck1976

Amazing isn't it????? It seems that whomever is killed by a drone strike, is automatically considered a militant!!! Can you say propaganda? Just wait till the drones start firing on Americans................I guess it will be acceptable as long as the MSM tells us it was "militants"...........................

Actually, by definition now, anyone the us military kills with a drone is consideered a 'militant':

Obama re-defined "militant" to mean "all military-age males in a strike zone"

source

Originally posted by adjensen

Some in the Pakistani government are truly angry about it, but I'm sure that there is a not-small contingent that likes the US doing it in this manner -- they get rid of the radical element in NW Pakistan, and can bluster against the US to show their people that they "aren't really" in favour of the killings.

Exactly. They have to feign concern, but they obviously benefit when their political rivals are taken out. Pakistan is bitterly divided within the military/government.

The 'sovereignty' question is nonsense, because they secretly allow this sort of thing. Pakistan has no real complaints with us foreign policy. After all, their entire country would collapse without us aid.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think USA want more terrorists to be born to fight against and make the money flow... to Industrial Military Complex and of course more patriots to enlist in the army

I wonder what the direct connection between tribal militants in Pakistan and the USA security. Maybe any internal fight is a blank letter to USA to attack.

Watch out countries of the world... if you have any internal fight in you country, you are target for these drones or invasion. Oh wait! It's exactly what is happening right now

edit on 6/7/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Dude, don't tell me you lost your card again? We just got our new ones today !!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Still, I don't think the grunts have any say in the matter.

I know someone who flies them, and no, he doesn't decide on his own, on the spur of the moment, what to shoot at.

I stand corrected then. Thanks for informing me of it. Learn something everyday.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

i will say that you guys deserve to be receiving $50 Gift Cards in the mail as a way of saying thank you for participating in armed unmanned Drone Research.

in a few short years, you've advanced that weapons system decades by your participation.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I could see 30,000 of these things coming in handy

Now that facial recognition technology has been intergraded into the drone operating system
Please post more you tube vides of your favorite terrorist

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

i suppose it makes more sense why they enjoy the big beards or otherwise concealing their identities.

they were preparing for a day to come; when something 30,000 feet up can identify and engage.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

People keep complaining about the children being part of collateral damage, well if they would not marry six-year-old girls we wouldn’t have that problem
One more reason for them to conceal their identity

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

People keep complaining about the children being part of collateral damage, well if they would not marry six-year-old girls we wouldn’t have that problem
One more reason for them to conceal their identity

Great point! It's those kids fault for getting in the way of our Freedom, er, drone attacks in civilian areas.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

if the choice was to given me, I wouldn't bring my kids along to plot war on someone that has done me no wrong.

in other words, I wouldn't take my kids to do an armed robbery.

anyone that would...they probably weren't their kids to begin with and they didn't give a crap what happened to them.

that's REAL war for you.

but some people believe, apparently, that this is something to take as a joke and laugh their way through.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Awwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeee yeah! I'm gonna go to white castle !!!

It's actually disturbing how advanced the drones are getting! Even more disturbing they fly in american airspace, and we let it happen!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

they won't be used the same way over here as they were used in Waziristan and Somalia and Yemen...just as all the other weapons systems that Americans have developed, which is legendary, have not been used in the same way once they came back to America.

the only people that have used, or planned to use, American weapons against Americans are the people that America is fighting right now.

and if drones are ever being used against Americans, you'll know that America is America in name only and its been overthrown by a hostile foreign power.

clarity is cool.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
summary execution of anyone who is merely 'suspected' of something is wrong.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Excellent point if that happens, the American public will without a doubt overthrow the government.

These things have to be tested and flown somewhere. They would not be loaded with live ammo

When you think about it, a few drones are far less dangerous than thousands of Russian nuclear missiles pointed at us
However, most people never give that a second thought

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
does anyone know how Germany knew to declare war on the United States in WWII?

my theory is that they knew the American government had been subverted and they would only be fighting the subversion forces, not the Americans. the United States only declared war in response to their declaration of war.

clarity is gold...

if everyone had it...they would not be so easily moved when the Priesthood of Waziristan was hit by unmanned drones.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join