It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us soldiers stealing cash from Iraqi people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Thats nothing to what Bush and his cronies will do to the country!

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Is this anything like when they accused us of dropping booby-trapped pens?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You may find this laughable joehayner, but it shows two things : that US soldiers aren't well trained enough to leave home, and that the almost inexistent support the US had in Iraq is dwindling...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Gee, I would've never thought Moku started this thread.

Were you denied a green card or something?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Are these our brave American soldiers?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
All this shows is how some people are gullible enough to listen to false info by corrupt "news" sources. You find me this story on CNN, BBC, MSNBC, and maybe I'll take it for what it's worth. These second hand "news" sources don't cut it for me.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Moku started this thread so you know how much credibility there is.

It could be printed in the National Enquirerer or the Bild, but if it is negative toward the U.S., you know he'll break his pencil-neck getting it here.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't find it laughable. It was a serious question. I was asking if it's just another rumor being passed off as news.

And my reply if the news source is credible...

I think that's a lot of money, very few people could resist taking it. These people obviously couldn't resist the temptation. Could you resist taking over a million dollars?(just for example)

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Mutilator
All this shows is how some people are gullible enough to listen to false info by corrupt "news" sources. You find me this story on CNN, BBC, MSNBC, and maybe I'll take it for what it's worth. These second hand "news" sources don't cut it for me.

Midnight Mutilator, would you perhaps believe the washingtonpost.com?

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sure. I could resist it. But then again, if Satan knows you love chocolate icecream he won't waste time tempting you with vanilla.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it were true that some soldiers stole some money. Nobody would be surprised. Soldiers are human, and when you have a group of humans you get a sampling of all that we are.

What is suspect is the motive behind the thread starter.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Personally, I think he just likes to argue with Americans.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it were true that some soldiers stole some money. Nobody would be surprised. Soldiers are human, and when you have a group of humans you get a sampling of all that we are.

There objective isn't the robbery of poor innocent Iraqi's, their objective is to liberate them. Not like that's the man objective anyway.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Info sure. I also found an article about it on Reuters. I agree with TC though, the soldiers are just human, they're not robots or machines (May be trained like that but still aren't). They have feelings and desires just like everyone else. Im sure if any European army was in that same situation you'd see the same thing.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Info sure. I also found an article about it on Reuters. I agree with TC though, the soldiers are just human, they're not robots or machines (May be trained like that but still aren't). They have feelings and desires just like everyone else. Im sure if any European army was in that same situation you'd see the same thing.

I agree, I find it hard to place blame. If life was fair they wouldn't feel the need or want to take. I'm sure every one of those soldiers would love to take home a gold plated AK-47.

There is the rich and there is the us.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The statement you just made shows how brainwashed you are. Half the stuff on CNN and MSNBC are full of propaganda. The BBC is a little more fair but still you got to take what they say with a grain of salt. Your the gulible one

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No?

I didn't think so.

This is common sense.

It is likely to happen.

Don't blame America.

Blame the corruptors.

The corruptor comes in many forms.

I think we need not worry.

Most of the money is evil blood money anyway.

Made off of hate and fear.

Motivated by killers and rapers.

So this money that is evil will go to the one's who have evil ways.

Did you really think that Iraqi's would get the benefits from this war???????????

No it is foreigners and power hungry men who benefit.

Iraq can look forward to two things:

Men looking for money to steal.

and

Men looking for people to kneel.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Brainwashed abstract_alao? If I was brainwashed all I would be watching was MSNBC or CNN. If you read my other post carefully I stated that I get my news from NBC, MSNBC, CNN, CBS, Reuters, BBC News, Fox News, NY Times, Washington Post, Sky News, NY Post, Newsday, LA Times, London Times. I like to get different views on certain issues. I take BBC like a grain of salt? What are you talking about? I love UK news as much as I like American news agencies. Now if you still insist on saying that I'm still brainwashed you better go get your head checked.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The average American soldier or reservist is getting paid somewhere between $11K and $16K a year, to put his life on the line, get shot at, live in horrible conditions, be separated from thier families for months if not years at a time, attempt to rebuild an infrastructure for a people that are not exactly thankful to them, and generally do things they would rather not be doing.

Now, if you are in those conditions, and you stumble along a couple footlockers full of cold hard American cash (likely more than they will see in decades), would you take a couple handfuls????

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

Now, as for the accusations that this is "stealing from the poor Iraqi people".... B@LL$H!T!!!!!!!

Those "poor Iraqi" people, never SAW this money, didnt know it was there, and certainly would never have gotten any benefit from it had Saddam remained in power....

This is sounding like some of the "facts" that romantico likes to attempt to pass off....

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Why should iraqis be upset?
We have seen enough in the medai that they are happy to steal, loot and destroy from their own country.

One could say that the soldiers are just turning native...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join