It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm just here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't know why I'm here, I'm just here. For no apparent reason, I was born. No one planned for this. We're all just here. All we have is each other. And, for most, that's not good enough. For most, it is insignificant. Out of billiions of galaxies with hundreds of billions of stars with trillions of possible life forms that we could have became, we became the ones that we are now. The stars are light years apart. Why worry about finding life elsewhere in the universe, when we don't even appreciate and understand the life that is here? For most people, not only are the stars light years apart, but their neighbors are light years apart. Some of us feel alone and isolated. But we shouldn't feel that way, we should appreciate the existences of others instead. Because those are the only things we have. We have ourselves and we have others.

We're all just here. This is all we have. Isn't it weird that we don't communicate with all other animals? It is to me. We pretty much only deal with human affairs. But there's so much more than just humans here. Sometimes, I wish I was a wasp. Those are mighty creatures. Although small to us, they are powerful to themselves. The work to survive just like we do, except they can fly. Plus they have stingers.

The will to live and propogate the species is the ground of all intelligence. Everyone's doing it and all of our mental faculties are used for that. If you want to communicate with a wasp, you have to communicate from a common reference. You have to respect their intelligence. Us humans think we're so smart cause we have all this technology, but the truth is, we have all this technology because we don't have any hair. We needed technology to survive. Other creatures don't. They get by just fine without it, but they do have to do their own thing for survival, and what they do requires a degree of skill and intelligence.

So we're all just here. All we have to understand the universe is each other. I believe, to understand the universe, we have to understand life on Earth first. We co-exist with many other life forms, yet we don't have the opportunity to be concerned with them. That's weird.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I like that.I wish I could add to that...but I can't cause you did a dam good job at it

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Agreeing wholeheartedly. I personally find the weirdest of all being that we are not happy being happy about just being here. Look at this place, it's beautiful, majestic, entertaining, nutritious, exiting, peaceful, sensuous, intriguing and so on and forth and it is all of that naturally...why we search for another place other than where we are beats me....

Love you and the OP

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I wonder how much profundity, if any, can we put on the fact that we are thrown into an accidental existence.

Good write-up.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
I wonder how much profundity, if any, can we put on the fact that we are thrown into an accidental existence.

Good write-up.

I doubt existence is a meaningless accident. But everyone believes what they believe for their own reasons. I do believe that existence is a mystery, though. I believe we didn't have a choice but to exist. I just don't believe it was an acciedent, rather, an inevitability.

top topics

join