It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Wildfire Scar Spotted from Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The wildfires around the country have been taking their toll and it is now visible from space. We finally got just a little rain here today but still we are at risk, and wildfires are not ussually a problem where I live. I feel for anyone affected by these fires and hope they are out soon and for good.

www.space.com...

Colorado's devastating Waldo Canyon Fire has left a massive scar on the Earth that is visible from space.

A false-color image snapped by a satellite yesterday (July 4) shows the blackened scar covering the mountainous terrain west of Colorado Springs, where the fire continues to burn.

Although the Waldo Canyon Fire has proved the most destructive, several far larger fires are also burning in the western United States, and atmospheric models indicate that winds have carried smoke from the multiple blazes out over the Atlantic Ocean and as far east as Greenland.

The largest active blazes are in southeastern Montana, where wildfires sparked by lightning strikes have burned 300,432 acres so far.

In all, more than 70 wildfires are burning around the United States, from Alaska to Florida to Utah.

The whole country needs rain. We are 41/2 inches below normal for our watertable here and the crops are suffering horribly I just hope no fires are started by all the fireworks going off each night this week.
edit on 6/7/12 by usmc0311 because: added link.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Thank you for the info.

SnF from lj01.

Sorry I do not have anything to add.
edit on 6-7-2012 by liejunkie01 because: Sorry I do not have anything to add.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Its only visible from the REAL SPACE not the website space if you have eyes witch can zoom in REALLY REALLY far. You cant see buildings from space....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Its only visible from the REAL SPACE not the website space if you have eyes witch can zoom in REALLY REALLY far. You cant see buildings from space....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
That looks like a demon trying to get out, or a pitchfork.

Can't decide.

Stay safe all.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

top topics

join