It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verizon Broke Our Agreement, Twice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I recently ordered and had Verizon FIOS installed in my apartment. When ordering over the phone I was told that I would be getting the $99.99 Triple Play at a discounted price of $79.99 because I was upgrading from DSL to FIOS. In addition to the discounted price I was also going to get 2 boxes free for a year, that's including the Multi-Room DVR, and 50mpbs download, and 25mbps upload speeds instead of the 15mbps download, and 5mbps upload that came with the $99.99 Triple Play package. After having my service connected, I saw that I wasn't getting the correct internet speeds through speed tests, so I called Verizon up. I was told that there isn't anything I can do but upgrade to the 50/25 at an extra cost, and that it was a mistake on their part. I let it slide because I was getting 25/5mbps which is 10 mbps higher than what they said I was going to get (15/5) unless I upgraded. Everything was fine again, until I received my estimated monthly charges, which showed I would be paying $109 a month. $99.99 was going to be the price of the package, and $9 would be the taxes and fees. Now what is that? I was told I was getting the package at $79.99 because I was upgrading from DSL. I just called Verizon again today, and guess what they told me... There is no such thing as a discount for upgrading from DSL, and I would either stick to paying the $99.99 or jump to a $79.99 plan which wouldn't offer the 2 free boxes for a year. So Verizon just broke two parts of the agreement, one was the agreement on the internet speeds I would be getting, and two was the price I'd be getting my service for. Now I'm waiting to get a call back from a supervisor, and wanted to know what are my options?

Here's what I'm going to do:

1. Request a copy of the recorded phone call of me ordering my service. For proof of the services I was offered, and verbally agreed to accept terms on.
2. Cancel my service if there is no resolution, and refuse to pay for any activation fees, and service fees, because I wasn't given what Verizon and myself agreed on.
3. Take them to small claims court and fight any charges they try to pin on me for not paying for the service they provided, that wasn't what I agreed to.

Any help is appreciated, A.S.A.P.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Whole this is awful and I am trying to think of the best way to go about this (other than going to your local DPUC) I don't see this as Board Business?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I went about posting it here because the Board was called Business & Questions, and I'm in a rush for answers, they'll be calling very soon. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If the agent notated your account accordingly to what you agreed to, Verizon will honor it.

Ask for the transcript of the notes on your account as well as the recordings of all your phone calls.

You may have to do so in writting.

Either way, just keept asking for that person's supervisor until you get what you want.

I use to work with Verizon, they are sometimes unreasonable, but they'll do right eventually.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Do request a transcript of the convo...they had to tell you it "may be recorded for "X" purposes" in the initial recording, right?

Then, just "threaten" to cancel all services with them. Cite your reasons as they are not honoring what you agreed to (get that recording!)

If you happened to write down the name of the initial person you talked with (or better yet their employee ID number) ask to speak to that person...

just a thought

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I've been looking up all the New York rules and regs I can find..

And the best I can advise because Verizon is considered a Telco is to contact

New York Dept of Public Utilities

File with them, all of the info you've put here, they will be able to handle it, as they normally have access to people at Verzion us lowly peon's could never hope to have..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thank you all for the help and answers. Now I'm just looking for a phone recording application that will work with my phone so I can record the phone call for any legal purposes, I'll remember to ask for consent before I continue on with the call.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
We had a similar problem with Verison. They would remove the blocks off the kids phones where they could order all kinds of stuff on their phones and run the bill up astronomically. We got tired of it, switched to AT&T and the service area was not quite as good as Verison but better in some places actually. At&T is catching up fast on the service area.

The one thing I like better about AT&T is easy phone switching. The only thing you have to do to switch a phone if one gets damaged is to take your phone simm card out and put it in your back up phone, boot it up and off you go. All your contacts are right there.

Switch to AT&T today.

top topics

join