It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Bay Boom Firework Malfunction San Diego

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A spectacular explosion when all the fireworks on three barges in San Diego bay exploded at the same time

The blast was said to have made the ground rumble

Garden State Fireworks, the New Jersey-based company that was hired for the fireworks display, says a timing signal sent to the four barges in the harbor somehow trigger a simultaneous detonation of all of the fireworks on three of them.

And a good video

www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />

The pyrotechnics display that was supposed to entertain tens of thousands well into the night ended in just seconds.

Would you be disappointed if this happened

Cran

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i woudn't agree with your term "exploded" they were all set off at the same time but there were no explosions.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Gixxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Was there with my wife, was short AND AWESOME!

she was upset, I was content....

biggest BooM ive seen in person.

We had debated driving to Anaheim to see the fire works at Disney land, I argued for SD, because I hate going to Disney land.

So we went to the harbor, Best decision ever.
edit on 5-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
what you call a couple hundred thousand dollars up in smoke

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Was there with my wife, was short AND AWESOME

And i'll bet Deafeningly Loud
Would liked to have seen this

Cran

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
reply to post by benrl

Was there with my wife, was short AND AWESOME

And i'll bet Deafeningly Loud
Would liked to have seen this

Cran

From where we sat, it was definitely flinch inducing, people got up and started running.

could of swore I felt the heat from the flash, it was pretty cool, but like I said we prepared for a night out not a few minutes.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
On behalf of terrorised dogs and cats across the world I say

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbeit

You would have thought that with all the experience you Americans have in using explosives to kill 4000 innocent people in my country through the US funded, armed, trained and supported IRA that a simple fireworks display would be easy.

talk about off topic...

But im guessing the PRIVATE company that did the fireworks display on their spare time is not running around where ever killing people...

just saying.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

OOPS sorry I connected the wrong program...my bad...can I have another chance?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
premature detonation ?

they should learn to think about getting audited by the IRS
edit on 5-7-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well, I guess that answered the question of "what would happen if we lit all the fireworks at once".

A similar thing happened when I was a kid in Indiana. The fireworks barge more or less blew up. We didn't have a spectacular show like San Diego. Just a bunch of fire with the workers diving off the barge into the river. Boy, I was disappointed.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Arbeit

You would have thought that with all the experience you Americans have in using explosives to kill 4000 innocent people in my country through the US funded, armed, trained and supported IRA that a simple fireworks display would be easy.

talk about off topic...

But im guessing the PRIVATE company that did the fireworks display on their spare time is not running around where ever killing people...

just saying.

Not really. Americans need to be reminded of what that flag represents to the rest of the world every single day, especially on a day where it is so crassly and almost smugly paraded around. To me, it represents the most insidious nation on earth, the worst enemy my country has ever had to face.

Christ the Nazis were bad but at least they were honest about being our enemies, you stab your allies in the back and attack them.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's a bummer for the kids.. but much better than nothing, plus it's prolly a first of sorts.

At least San Diego got something, the 4th was cancelled in my city!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
First rule of internet debate, when you equate something to

Nazis

You've already lost the argument.

I like that its your go to move though, saves me the time of trying to argue with the irrational.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Glitch or not, as someone in the video said - that was awesome! Main show and Grand Finale all at the same time. All those car alarms going off...
I'm sure the team that put it together was pretty pissed, as well as whoever funded it, but what the heck. At least no one got hurt (I assume?).

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The nation’s fireworks industry is watching the fallout from the Big Bay Boom as Santore tries to isolate what he said appears to be a virus in the code that synchronizes the firing of shells.

www.utsandiego.com...

That would have to be one heck of a directed virus to specifically target fireworks triggering software

Sounds to me like maybe someone sabotaged the software.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Was there with my wife, was short AND AWESOME!

she was upset, I was content....

biggest BooM ive seen in person.

We had debated driving to Anaheim to see the fire works at Disney land, I argued for SD, because I hate going to Disney land.

So we went to the harbor, Best decision ever.

i'm with you, i hate setting, wating for the firworks. 45 minutes of oohh and ahhhs then 2 hours trying to get out of a damn parking lot to get home late, and work the next morning. This was much easier, quicker and with the great OH SH**T moment. Sorry I missed it!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow.

Ok so where are all the dead birds that surely killed millions.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gixxer

i woudn't agree with your term "exploded" they were all set off at the same time but there were no explosions.

Set off at the same time or ''Exploded''
Thats just Splittin Hairs

Cran

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join