It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is going to HAVE to boycott Wal-Mart...Or else...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Wal-Mart isn't the problem, it is a symptom.
WE are the problem.

You WERE part of the problem, and now you're not.
Thanks for removing yourself from the list.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

So maybe I'll have to pay a little more. Maybe I won't. But the idea is I'd like to see profits shared a whole lot more than they are being currently. The hoarders and greedy bastards can go to hell.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

When everybody does what you've done then the problem will simply go away.

Anyone who is a fan of South Park knows this.

link to full episode.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Walmart is not cheaper than any other general store.

What they do is take the cheapest item, make that really low, so it seems cheap. But the rest of the products are the same as everyone else.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Walmart is the doorway of the legal takeover of America by China. Small town killer.

Des

Small town killer is right. I am from one of those towns.

Who needs bombs when you have cheap plastic and pot-metal junk?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Because you work for an outside company that also has other sources of revenue.

What walmart does to companies is that it is hard for them to sell their products anywhere else because walmart drove away the other businesses, and then walmart starts setting their prices for them, and making them take obscene and unnecessary returns.

Now if your ONLY trucking employer was walmart, and they suddenly slashed and limited the amount of money they paid you, and there was nothing you could do about it, then you would be singing a different song.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I haven't been to Wal-Mart in years.... its easy to avoid them! Wal-Mart shoppers are sick little sheeple who don't care about our country... and I can't stand to be around them. Wal-Mart employees don't make enough money to support themselves, they are near homeless. Most who work there are just young adults who haven't thought about their future.

Be gone Wal-Mart, your a cancer to American communities!!!

edit on 5-7-2012 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Did anybody here about Wal-Mart forcing US manufacturers overseas because it was too expensive to sell American made products? If your making a product in America and are not selling it at Wal-Mart your losing a lot of business so many of them did move overseas.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

trucking companies set the price for freight services. not wal-mart and i guarantee my company provides the cheapest price.
they threaten to cut ties, but they can't. or they pay more.
see how that works.

edit on 5-7-2012 by bjax9er because: add

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
I haven't been to Wal-Mart in years.... its easy to avoid them! Wal-Mart shoppers are sick little sheeple who don't care about our country... and I can't stand to be around them. Wal-Mart employees don't make enough money to support themselves, they are near homeless. Most who work there are just young adults who haven't thought about their future.

Wow Nice job pigeonholing multiple groups of people, including those just trying to work to support their families.....

You just made yourself look ignorant......

Claim moral superiority while casting a wide net on anyone that doesnt agree with you ....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Simply boycotting Walmart is not enough.

You have to make it so people don't want to shop there.

68 Fun things to do at Walmart

-- 68. Get boxes of Condoms and randomly put them in peoples carts when they don't realize it!---

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Walmart is not cheaper than any other general store.

What they do is take the cheapest item, make that really low, so it seems cheap. But the rest of the products are the same as everyone else.

I never said they were cheaper!! Their quality is crap as in cheap.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
reply to post by olaru12

wal-mart employs a-lot more then one thinks.
not just in stores, but the many distribution centers. they hire outside trucking companies to haul their freight.
i'am a driver who hauls freight all the time for wal-mart. at least one load a week. sometimes two or three.
i work for a company who employs more than 10,000 drivers. think about how many people wal-mart indirectly employs. not just company drivers either, but independent owner operators.

keep bashing capitalism and you will get what you wish for.... misery

It's all about competition. If you end Wal-Mart tomorrow, do you think other stores wouldn't pop up in their place?

It's a complete myth that these massive corporations are needed for employment. Small businesses are the backbone of any stable economy, they employ far more people, provide higher wages, offer more benefits to their employees and keep their profits circulating in the community.

If you close down a corporation, thousands of regional companies will rise up to replace them. More jobs will be created. Those employees will be earning higher wages in the majority of cases. Customer service will improve. Money will stay in the local economy...

If things stay the way they are, the extraction of wealth from communities all over the planet will continue. It all flows out, to tax havens, billionaire families, the elites who pay off your elected officials to pass laws in their favor and crush all and any opposition and competition.

The only downside to all of this is that prices for products will see a small rise across the country. You cannot pay an American $1 a day to make t-shirts in a sweat shop.

But then people have become far too comfortable with our disposable society where you can buy clothes on pocket money, or spend hundreds of $'s on a pair of sneakers that actually cost $5 to make and the person making them is paid $1 a day.

As for bashing capitalism... we do not live in a capitalist system. If we ever did, it died several years ago when the US and UK governments began bailing out their bankster buddies with our money. You cannot say this is capitalism when our governments are acting in ways that are the very opposite of a capitalist system.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Wow Nice job pigeonholing multiple groups of people, including those just trying to work to support their families.....

You must enjoy your new Chinese made walmart wifi....

I never said a bad thing about the employees...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

keep bashing capitalism and you will get what you wish for.... misery
Olaru12 wasn't bashing capitalism at all. All he/she said was that they always try to buy American and avoid the large soul sucking conglomerates... how do you equate that to bashing capitalism? If you take a moment to think about what free market capitalism is you'll see it revolves around competition and consumer choices. Olaru12 is doing nothing more than making an informed decision about where he/she shops and that provides Walmart with competition... which they clearly need because they are gaining a massive monopoly on the market and they are sending small businesses out of business and making it impossible for anyone to compete with them... that my friend is not capitalism, it's inhumane market domination achieved by paying their employees slave wages, by exporting in cheap materials produced by foreign slave labor, and by cutting costs in every conceivable way imaginable. You want to know what misery actually is? It's one family owning more wealth than 90 million Americans...
edit on 5/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You just made yourself look ignorant......

Claim moral superiority while casting a wide net on anyone that doesnt agree with you ....

What about imitator's post was "ignorant"? Ask any Wal-Mart shopper this question: www.abovetopsecret.com

Then ask any employee what they make...Poverty Guideline

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I never said a bad thing about the employees...

Who says I shop at walmart? There you go again jumping to conclusions and making rash assumptions......you should probably refrain from doing so, it makes you look hateful and and again ignorant.

I never said a bad thing about the employees..

Really

Wal-Mart employees don't make enough money to support themselves, they are near homeless. Most who work there are just young adults who haven't thought about their future.

I know quite a few young adults working at wal-mart and going to school, one of which is working on a PHD....

Again.....making assumptions about people because of your own bias.......

Walmart isnt a provider of internet........good show again.......are you thinking this out before you post?

Actually I enjoy a T1 line, thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

How about all of it throwing anyone that shops at walmart or works there into a broad net, of being "sick" or "not thinking about their future" etc etc.....

Any time you lump a group of people together and make accusations based on your own bias....its ignorance

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
With the passing of the TPP, no one in our government will have the power to even put a buy local sticker on a local shop without coming under tremendous scrutiny from a multinational corporation producing the same goods/services.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have been boycotting Wall-mart for 12 years now.
I use to preach that Wall-mart Sucks.
But it has now dawned on me ,
let those idiots shop there, it makes my shopping experience,
at the other places so much better,
not having to to deal with those people!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join