It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a little clarification please!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BreeAnna00

Christmas is Jesus Christ's birthday, and Easter is the day when we celebrate Jesus Christ rising from the dead.
Why do atheists celebrate biblical holidays if they're not believers?

Well, first of all, these are Ancient Holidays, thousands of years older than Christianity or their book. "Christmas" was originally called Yule.
Ancient Yule Traditions
The Mystery Of The Pagan Origin Of Christmas: Jesus Was Not Born On December 25th But A Whole Bunch Of Pagan Gods Were
Proto-Indo-European Religion

Easter is also a Pagan Holiday, much older than Christianity, and is based on a Goddess. The modern English term Easter developed from the Old English word Ēastre or Ēostre, (sp) which originally referred to the name of the Anglo-Saxon Goddess Ēostre, Germanic Goddess of Springtime.
Actually, most of the Christian Symbols, such as the Pentagram, for instance, were stolen, or adapted from much earlier Pagan Symbols.
Frequently confused symbols: The pentacle, pentagram, & the Sigil of Baphomet
Just because it is biblical" doesn't mean it is true, and not one person alive ever heard what Jesus of anyone else in there said. May I suggest you research the origins of the Christian KJV Bible. Right
HERE is a good beginning.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Christmas is Jesus Christ's birthday, and Easter is the day when we celebrate Jesus Christ rising from the dead.
Why do atheists celebrate biblical holidays if they're not believers?

Well, first of all, these are Ancient Holidays, thousands of years older than Christianity or their book. "Christmas" was originally called Yule.
Ancient Yule Traditions
The Mystery Of The Pagan Origin Of Christmas: Jesus Was Not Born On December 25th But A Whole Bunch Of Pagan Gods Were
Proto-Indo-European Religion

Easter is also a Pagan Holiday, much older than Christianity, and is based on a Goddess. The modern English term Easter developed from the Old English word Ēastre or Ēostre, (sp) which originally referred to the name of the Anglo-Saxon Goddess Ēostre, Germanic Goddess of Springtime.
Actually, most of the Christian Symbols, such as the Pentagram, for instance, were stolen, or adapted from much earlier Pagan Symbols.
Frequently confused symbols: The pentacle, pentagram, & the Sigil of Baphomet
Just because it is biblical" doesn't mean it is true, and not one person alive ever heard what Jesus of anyone else in there said. May I suggest you research the origins of the Christian KJV Bible. Right
HERE is a good beginning.

Yes you may! Thank you kindly!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by greyer

In one sense it can be an act to show love for other people, which is rare for athiests in my opinion and would be an act of genuine integrity. I have seen athiests say that they believe in good, but something seems to block them from being good in the form of love for other people.

I don't believe that is a reasonable conclusion -- there are plenty of compassionate atheists, just as there are plenty of compassionate theists. It may be easy to think otherwise, given the levels of pomposity and arrogance of some of the leading names among the New Atheists, but don't paint everyone with that wide of a brush.

I will have to witness that. This is such a lack of spiritual realization in this world that I am confident very few have compassion for direct mankind in certain parts of the world, and they may think psychology of compassion but have fail to learn the neccessary steps to act on it to the direct world. There are states and area where people have evolved, I do realize that. You may have a spiritual person, but he does not understand God and only believes in spirit. But as I am learning, he would have to learn spirit because spirit is the truth. If he does learn spirit - he will learn love. They say it is one way. It is love, just because of the realization of oneness and the spirit, which can be proved unknown to most of us. It sounds like a Christian view but it is my view, Jesus was correct in my opinion. I do not understand God, and I think that I will not because my mind is not powerful enough. But because there something going on here, which can be proved though testing it is very difficult and would tale many years of luck and dedication in my opinion. In that absolute fact of our living spirit - we have to be labeled as a believer. How can you realize all these objective proofs and not believe something is happening based on your observations? Realization means to see it, it is not a thought but an event. The line between real and fake is very blurred, but there is such thing as real. There is no way you can experience and learn existence without believing in what you are learning. The athiest is behind because he associates believing with understanding God, so he says there is no God. Maybe you can have a spirit without a God - that is an example of my beliefs being humble. An athiest does not have a humble mind, he believes something is factual - that there is no God. I believe that I don't understand God, I try to have the faith and ask the universe to prove to me there is a God. I do believe in spirit strongly. If an athiest doesn't believe in spirit - there is no way he can grow in his love. What about stories of athiests converting? Eventually they will have to convert if they want to understand the positive aspect of spirituality, not to a religion but just believing that something is going on for which we cannot understand. Ignorance is blind and dark, truth is enlightenment. The reason why so many important people were on the earth from whom religions started, were because they understood. I also believe in the possibility of magic, ancient magic. So I do not understand having one view, I do not understand how any of us can fully stand behind religion like we are hiding behind it. So an athiest agrees with me on that, but doesn't agree with me that he is ignorant to forces and creations greater than him, which is just being rationally humble in thinking.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BreeAnna00

Thank you so much. I know exactly how your sister feels, its a mixture of emotions that nobody wants to feel. I hope her situation gets better, everything will work out the way it's suppose to.

I agree with everything else above. Our rights are disappearing as we speak.. There is a confrence on July 26th for the UN to discuss the 2nd Amendment, that tells me they are going to sign for it. I told my boyfriend exactly what was going to happen 8 months, I told him about vaccines also and he literally said I was stupid, I know nothing about history or how the government works, and none of that would ever happen in America. I said it HAS happened before and thank you for proving my point, that is the exact attitude that got us in this position. I live in San Diego and I absolutely HATE it here, having to hear up to 3 helicopters fly over my house every hour of every day is freightning. I decided to move to Boise Idaho with my parents and Im praying it will be before SHTF!

Sounds more like he doesn't know about history or what the US government is capable of. 3 copters flying over my house every hour would drive me to move aswell. Hope it goes well for you.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSandman

Sounds more like he doesn't know about history or what the US government is capable of. 3 copters flying over my house every hour would drive me to move aswell. Hope it goes well for you.

Actually i like to think i know what i am talking about, it's not like i haven't lived in my area for the last 16 years
. There are no military bases around Little Rock. There's a jacksonville AFB 30 miles away and in those 16 years never have i ever seen 5 gunships with Comanche gunships and Blackhawks observing the city for over a week. The most we usually see are the standard C-130's and the state's retinue of jet fighters stationed with the air national gaurd.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Cause most Atheists know that those "biblical" holiday's were mostly stolen from Pagan rituals that had nothing to do with "God" and everything to do with nature and each other.

~Tenth

You do know that Paganism is considered religion and that Atheists do not believe in religion... regardless of origin... that means no religion... they believe in nothing... I know I dated a few!!!
And I can tell ya they didnt believe in being faithful ha ha ha

So why would an Atheist honor the ideas of Paganism? and even give them credit for anything?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join