It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ever hear sounds before they fall asleep?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I've been itching to write this topic but haven't had time but here it is. Also, I'm not sure if this is in the right forum so mods please relocate if necessary.

I'm making this thread to try to understand why this happens. For as far as I can remember, I sometimes (not very often) experience something odd right as I seem to slip into sleep. For about 1 second the moment I feel myself slip into sleep I hear loud voices, as if all the sudden I am in the middle of a crowd or right next to someone that is talking loud. I'm always startled right back into consciousness and am again wide awake. It is very much like that feeling we get when we are falling asleep and feel like all the sudden we are falling and jump back up, but it's not falling, it's voices. The voice(s) are always loud and never clear, it's always literally 1 second of sound and never enough to "listen in" on a conversation or even a word, but it sounds clear like human voice/s. It always makes me jump and wake up again.

Does that make sense? Does that happen to anyone else? If so, what can it be?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

I'll think I heard someone's voice or something. Usually though, I'll be sitting there and suddenly my body will move by itself. I won't even think about my leg, but it'll kick out, or my whole body will shudder. I don't know if it's energy releasing itself or what...

My body is pretty funny when it shuts down.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Sometimes I will hear music and can almost make out what
the tune is,then,I forget it.I also see distorted faces after I close
my eyes.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Are you sure that it isnt part of the dream itself. I usually have no recollection of the minute nor the second I actually do fall asleep so its hard to say what is happening. I do notice that I dream in silence. I see images, places, etc, but never voices. Perhaps, you are hearing someone in the next room with their tv on ?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yep, i do every night. Sometimes its normal talking and i know im awake cause i hear it and i try to make it last as long as i can so i can try to understand. Sometimes it freaks me out like screaming or loud noises like something smashing into something. My girlfriend gets confused, cause sometimes to make sure i ask did you hear that? Some say its a sign of schizophrenia, my mom told me to go get it checked out. lol

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I've had this for the better part of my life and just found out a couple of days ago what it is. It's called Exploding Head Syndrome.. www.sleepassociation.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Sometimes I will hear music and can almost make out what
the tune is,then,I forget it.I also see distorted faces after I close
my eyes.

Sometimes I can barely make out what I refer to as Angel Symphonies ....a faint symphonic type music that sort of fades in and out.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I know precisely what you're talking about. For instance i could be on the verge of sleep (unknowingly) and anycreek or crackle the house makes sounds amplified x50. Always wondered if i was the only one. Cool.
edit on 5-7-2012 by atoptreetops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This has been happening to me for years, though I hear it loud and clear long before I fall asleep. Usually only if I lay on my right ear, and not my left. It sounds like a crowd of people talking, or sometimes like music. Would scare the crap out of me so I mostly would lay on the other ear so I couldn't hear it. Now that I have a window unit in my bedroom, I can't hear it anymore, peace at last. As for what it is, I always assumed it was my ear playing tricks on me, or the mysterious sounds of silence.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by atoptreetops

That's not talking or music though. That's the house settling in the middle of the night. Nothing special or supernatural about that.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78

I tend to hear like a slamming noise. I try to stay awake when I hear it but its like open fast or fast closing noise. Thats the best I got OP, there are supposed strange things going on when many sleep so who knows. I even heard the stronger your bloodline genetics is the more you may be into during sleep periods.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by flashme

Well now. Common.

They say they do not know anything about it.

Exploding head syndrome is thought to be highly connected with stress and extreme fatigue in most individuals. What actually causes the sensation in individuals is still unknown, though speculation of possible sources includes minor seizures affecting the temporal lobe, or sudden shifts in middle ear components.

So what do they do.

One medication that has been used to treat exploding head syndrome is clomipramine, a tricyclic antidepressant.

Throw some caplets at it.

# it right.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78

Yes it happens. Sometimes i hear loud farting noise when I am sleeping.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I sometimes hear my name or a single undecipherable word when I am about to drift of to sleep. It ranges from a shout to a whisper, from a man’s voice to a woman’s. Also, I am sometimes aware that I am not alone. I choose to ignore the feeling I am being watched and it usually goes away. I haven’t lost any sleep over this however, because I know that I have nothing to fear.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I all ways hear and fell a click inside my brain, I am not all ways conscious of it but I know it happens every time.

Your experience reminds me of one I had when I was younger. I was young and not knowing the dangers of doing this so....
In middle school we used to knock each other out by standing against a wall and have some one put pressure on your throat. You would pass out for 5-10 seconds, but while you are passed out you are aware, well not "aware" but experiencing. You can hear while you are passed out only sound is amplified by a million. If one person talks it sounds like a million people talking but its not just their voice you hear. Every voice is different and you can chose voice or conversation to listen into among those million voices. Reminds me of fractals.

Maybe that second that you experienced is connected to what people hear when they do this knock out method.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just before,dozing off I've herd my name called, laughing(happy and creepy) voices, tones and buzzes. Languages I can't understand
oh and women screaming with pleasure

edit on 5-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah I get that a lot. I don't know if i'm crazy or something is trying to communicate.

Also 1 night, I heard a womans voice saying: 'You're evil, you're nothing without me'...
Don't know what to think about that

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sometimes before sleep, I can stare at my wooden dresser, and with eyes closed, drift into a dream where I'm bowling. The lanes are of the same wood as my dresser. I can stare at the whiteness of my ceiling, and end up dreaming I'm in an area white with snow. It could very well be a coincidence, but I think it's safe to assume that our percepts stand in the place of our senses as they rest.

I personally believe the brain compensates for the lack of sensuality in sleep—possibly even in life—by filling in the holes with percepts, figments and ideas. A wet-dream can verify this, as one who goes without sexual gratification for long periods of time has that urge satisfied in their sleep.

What this implies with your situation I'm not sure.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

EXACTLY........Use to happn all the time. Just as I would fall asleep was like a loud yell kinda or noise..Im thinking its the eardrum vibrating for some reason or something like that. It happens if I dont have a noisy fan im my room. Try a noisy fan and see if it helps...May have something to do with LACK of sound ? IMO

Oh,,and who has this happen,,,You get woken up from a deep sleep and your brain/head feels like its vibrating...No seriously,,does anyone else have this happen?
edit on 5-7-2012 by avatard because: 4got

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ever since I was young, I sometimes hear my name before I fall asleep. I also will feel like I am being watched.

I also can't be near radios if you have to turn the dial and line the selctor up to the station, as soon as I get near one, it goes all static, but radios with digital turners are ok (have never been able to figure that one out
)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join