It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Price Change at our Local Gas Pumps for 2.5 Months?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Our local pumps have had a price of 128.7 per liter for approx. 2.5 Months or more. Even tho we have had 2 long weekends in that time...May Long Weekend (Canada) and July 1st.

Anyone who drives knows that prices at the pumps jump on the Thursday or Friday before a long weekend. Here? No change whatsoever.

I talked to the local station owner and asked what was happening and was told that they had no notice from head office (it's a franchise) and that the office changes the prices on all stations in their group from a central command...nothing. No movement. They are also a little confused.

This is a first from what I can remember. Is this happening anywhere else in Canada? Any members have some feedback. What about the US?

Just curious.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Our prices in the U.S. change almost daily. On increases price usually jumps 20+ cents per gallon at one time. Then it slowly trickles down over a few weeks. In Indiana we are at $3.45 US per gallon today.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Our local pumps have had a price of 128.7 per liter for approx. 2.5 Months or more. Even tho we have had 2 long weekends in that time...May Long Weekend (Canada) and July 1st.

Anyone who drives knows that prices at the pumps jump on the Thursday or Friday before a long weekend. Here? No change whatsoever.

I talked to the local station owner and asked what was happening and was told that they had no notice from head office (it's a franchise) and that the office changes the prices on all stations in their group from a central command...nothing. No movement. They are also a little confused.

This is a first from what I can remember. Is this happening anywhere else in Canada? Any members have some feedback. What about the US?

Just curious.

Peace

here in Vancouver we fluctuate between 135.5c/L - 147.5c/L.
anyone here would LOVE to pay your 128.7

we have so many taxes in the Metro...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Our prices in the U.S. change almost daily. On increases price usually jumps 20+ cents per gallon at one time. Then it slowly trickles down over a few weeks. In Indiana we are at $3.45 US per gallon today.

Yep.. we get the same thing.. It will go down maybe a penny a day for a while and then jump a dime or more overnight. We are currently sitting at $2.95 per gallon in Tulsa. But we are traditionally one of the lowest gas markets in the country. Its pretty sad though when $2.95 seems "cheap".

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Just curious.

Peace

here in Vancouver we fluctuate between 135.5c/L - 147.5c/L.
anyone here would LOVE to pay your 128.7

we have so many taxes in the Metro...

I'm in the Mountains to your East and have never seen it where there is not even a slight fluctuation for even a Week. Usually, prices jump all over the place here as well.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Oh dang...I'm really going to be dating myself here. But, as a little girl of 5 or so years old. I remember gas wars. Where stations across the street from each other would change their sandwich board signs daily , with lower and lower prices, trying to out do the other. Gas prices of .15 cents per gallon were not unusual....

Those were the days.....

Des

edit on 5-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
anyone know what the price is in alberta.

being a few miles from the 3rd largest proven oil reserve in the world, they should be paying 15 cents a litre.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Any Politician running for office in your area, that might be running on cheaper gas prices platform?

Des

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Here in Northern California, up until about 2 weeks or so ago, we were getting rocked, above $4.20 a gallon for just about 2 months straight.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by jude11

Any Politician running for office in your area, that might be running on cheaper gas prices platform?

Des

My area has 2,000 people, 1000 bears, 500 dogs and 3 politicians...

Not big enough to have any politician here even know what effects fuel prices Globally let alone have any say in the matter...

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Oh dang...I'm really going to be dating myself here. But, as a little girl of 5 or so years old. I remember gas wars. Where stations across the street from each other would change their sandwich board signs daily , with lower and lower prices, trying to out do the other. Gas prices of .15 cents per gallon were not unusual....

Those were the days.....

Des

edit on 5-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

I remember them well...

Good times!

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Des

Not big enough to have any politician here even know what effects fuel prices Globally let alone have any say in the matter...

Peace

Someone sitting at corporate, pissed at his job, not making that call he's supposed to make to raise the prices....

One can only hope....

Des

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Des

Peace

Someone sitting at corporate, pissed at his job, not making that call he's supposed to make to raise the prices....

One can only hope....

Des

Or he's been dead at the switch for awhile now and no one is checking.

One can only dream right?

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Its Election year. I'm sure they are doing it so people could focus on their #ty lives and not how #ty the gas prices are so they could seem like they are doing something. I guarantee you it'll go back up past $4 by the end of this bull# election

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Gas prices here sat at $2.94/gal for about a week, then yesterday jumped to $3.04. We'll see it occasionally stay stable for right about 5-6 days, and then it'll jump up anywhere from $0.10-015/gal.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Gas prices here sat at $2.94/gal for about a week, then yesterday jumped to $3.04. We'll see it occasionally stay stable for right about 5-6 days, and then it'll jump up anywhere from $0.10-015/gal.

Mine still hasn't changed.

Approx. where r u?

Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Alabama, up near the Tennessee line. It's holding at $3.04 right now.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by jude11

Alabama, up near the Tennessee line. It's holding at $3.04 right now.

It seems that everyone is experiencing radical changes as usual no matter where they are.

Curious as to why mine still hasn't changed.

Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Maybe they forgot about you??
But now that you've posted about it......

Watch the price jump.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmo0207
Maybe they forgot about you??
But now that you've posted about it......

Watch the price jump.

128.7 and holding...

Now the question arises: If one chain can do it, why can't others?

Answer: They can.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join