It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Team. Jail. Now.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20041006/ap_on_re_mi_ea/us_iraq_weapons_041006182357

The US Iraq Survey Group has concluded that Iraq had nothing, zilch, no weapons, no plans, and no way to make WMDs.

Bush, Cheney, Rice, Powell, Tenet, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Perle... They need to be charged and tried. They screwed up the casus belli and invaded a country because they 'misread intelligence.'

Well, we all know what excuses are like. Everyone has one and they all stink.

10,000 US casualties. 15,000 Iraqi civilians toast. $200 Billion US dollars down the drain. An entire country in ruin. US diplomacy in tatters.

A cop can't make a mistake when they use deadly force. Neither can the national leaders.

Bush Team. Jail. Now.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20041006/ap_on_re_mi_ea/us_iraq_weapons_041006182357

The US Iraq Survey Group has concluded that Iraq had nothing, zilch, no weapons, no plans, and no way to make WMDs.

Bush, Cheney, Rice, Powell, Tenet, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Perle... They need to be charged and tried. They screwed up the casus belli and invaded a country because they 'misread intelligence.'

Well, we all know what excuses are like. Everyone has one and they all stink.

10,000 US casualties. 15,000 Iraqi civilians toast. $200 Billion US dollars down the drain. An entire country in ruin. US diplomacy in tatters.

A cop can't make a mistake when they use deadly force. Neither can the national leaders.

Bush Team. Jail. Now.

The next step may be UN oversight of US politics. When (if?) members
of, probably Congress, "ask" for such intervention.. note the names
and their affiliations. A lot more going on than just Iraq.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by mockan]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I would like to here them explain to the 20,000 Iraqis and over 1000 Americans who have been Killed in Iraq why they HAD to die. I'm not much of a believer in Heaven and Hell, but i wouldn't be supprised if these murdered souls have now become entwined with the Whitehouse crew's.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This must really hurt the right. I mean, it is plain to see that both the US Iraq Survey Group and members of the Bush Administation have stated that the WMD reason and Saddam/Al Qaeda reason was wrong. Yet there appears to be no end to the amount of spin that gets placed on it here at ATS. The excuse that Saddam needed to be taken out just is not valid here, it was not part of the reasons stated for going into Iraq and was produced at a later date. If this reason was given prior to going in, there just might have been more support for going to war, but it wasn't.

While I belive that every senior member of the Bush administration should be held accountable, It takes a strong person to admit they were wrong. And I acknowledge that.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
WMD
Thats one thing that hsn't been proven correct yet.
What else? anything?

Saddam/Al qeada connection. Thats been proven incorrect? by who?

Are you saying that The current administration gave NO OTHER REASONS?
To go to war.

No violation of sanctions?

No support of external terrorism, either monetarily, or otherwise?

No terrorising, and killing of his own people? Including the mowing down of Kurdish refugees with choppers after the first gulf war?

No violations, repeatedly, of his designated no-fly zones?

None of that happened correct?

You work on those, I'll be back with more..

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
"Saddam/Al qeada connection. Thats been proven incorrect? by who?"

No.. you have to prove they ARE correct. And they have been unable to do so. There was no link. Saddam toyed with the UN but if he had no WMD and wasn't waging war against anyone then what did he really violate? Perhaps thats why the US couldn't get UN backing. You can't wage war based on UN sanctions when you aren't getting UN approval for the attack. It was an illegal war. It is illegal for one UN member nation to try and kill the leader of another UN member nation without approval. The war was based on a lie and Bush and his fascist team should all be put up on war crimes charges.

They would expect no less to happen to anyone else. If we can wage war on Saddam for him toying with the UN then what do you think should happen to us for lying to them and waging an illegal war?

I think you know the answer.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This report comes from the CIA. You can access the full article online.
(CIA weapons Iraq - google search)

Iraq Had no Weapons Stockpiles or Nuclear Program, CIA Says

Oct. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Iraq did not possess stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons and its program to develop nuclear arms was in decay by March 2003, the CIA said in a report that undercuts a central argument by the Bush administration to justify the invasion.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
WMD
Thats one thing that hsn't been proven correct yet.
What else? anything?

U.S. Report Finds No Evidence of Iraq WMD

Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction programs had deteriorated into only hopes and dreams by the time of the U.S.-led invasion last year, a decline wrought by the first Gulf War and years of international sanctions, the chief U.S. weapons hunter found.

And what ambitions Saddam harbored for such weapons were secondary to his goal of evading those sanctions, and he wanted them primarily not to attack the United States or to provide them to terrorists, but to oppose his older enemies, Iran and Israel.

The report of weapons hunter Charles Duelfer was presented Wednesday to senators and the public in the midst of a fierce presidential election campaign in which Iraq and the war of terror have become the overriding issues.
The Associated Press Oct 7

Saddam/Al qeada connection. Thats been proven incorrect? by who?

The Independent National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States found there to be �no credible evidence� of a link between Iraq and al-Qaida in attacks against the United States. Source

Are you saying that The current administration gave NO OTHER REASONS?
To go to war.

The main motive presented by the Bush Administration prior the the invasion, was that Saddam was harboring WMD's which together with an alleged connection to Al-Qaida posed an imminent threat to the american people and the rest of the free world. To date there is no credible evidence to support these claims.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by Durden]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
We knew this all along and so did they. Thats why we were rushed into this war, they didn't want the truth to emerge.

"He (Saddam Hussein) has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbours."

- Colin powell February 24, 2001

Article - White house knew Sadam was no threat

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This report also explains how the UN sanctions were working, (WMD programs related research was declining at a steady rate and then abandoned over the 12 years after the first war, Saddam commented on how if the UN left them alone, they would have gone back into research).

There goes all of Australias credibility and leverage regarding Iraq, maybe if they told us the real reasons instead of trying to scare us into it, i might not be so angry.

Iraq is ("was", before the resistance) a test site for a US run, corporate utopia....a cash cow.....nothing more, nothing less.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by electric squid carpet]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I regularly heard the argument that UN sanctions should be dropped becuase eg children were dying from lack of medicin (this was Saddam's choice BTW)

So what would have happened if the UN/French view would have prevailed?

France would have continued sanction busting
Saddam would have got his WMDs
Millions would have died.

And people complain about the coalition actions? Crazy, absolutely crazy.

BTW - electric squid carpet - perhaps the best user name I have seen!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by crossfire
France would have continued sanction busting
Saddam would have got his WMDs
Millions would have died.
And people complain about the coalition actions? Crazy, absolutely crazy.

Oh, I love pyschics. Hey crossfired, while you're at, tell me where I'll be in 5 years. I mean, if you can predict the future of a country with no relevant connections, than perhaps I'll turn into Britney Spears.

Hey,.....it could happen.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hey Jamuhn, I hope you're not questioning the credibility of this fantastic source of information:

E_T

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Here's reason for Iraq war.
www.opensecrets.org...

Any "conflicts of interests" in how taxpayers money's are spend?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They wanted to kick Clinton out for getting some oral and not telling the truth about it.

Bush sends or people to war over a lie, and nothing. I guess Sex is truely an evil.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

E_T

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
The excuse that Saddam needed to be taken out just is not valid here, it was not part of the reasons stated for going into Iraq and was produced at a later date.
If US gov would care about human rights and that kind of things they would have taken out Saddam in 91.

And after all it was US and couple others countries who created Saddam's Iraq as counterforce against Iran.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Umm this is new info? It's been known what the UN "inspectors" found or did not find for a long time. People seem to forget how they were rebuked at every attempt by Iraq to do any real inspection. Of course the inspectors did not find anything, this was reported over a year ago. The question is after 9/11 and with all the other evidence pointing to terrorist ties and ambitions of Saddam are you going to mortgage your security on what corrupt or derailed UN inspectors did or did not find? Everyone knew what Saddam was doing to not allow real inspections. He had how many years and how many threats/sanctions yet he thumbed his nose at the world at every turn. This inspectors' report is not new. It's funny how short and selective peoples' memories are.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by Apoc]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This not only debunks WMD's...it debunks active WMD programs, its new info

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Bush, Cheney, Rice, Powell, Tenet, Wolfowitz, Rumsfeld, Perle... They need to be charged and tried.

By the Hague. Or a national court, but it's the Hague that handles war crimes. I'm not suprised that 15 mln people simoultaneously protest Bush in public venues and 71% of Europeans view his presidency as biggest threat to world peace and security

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm failing to see the names of every world leader and every DEMOCRAT, including KERRY, that believed that Saddam had WMD, that gave Bush the authority to invade Iraq.......research, k?

You guys and gals leaving out a few peeps, eh?

seekerof

top topics

<<   2 >>

join