It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LIBOR Scandal is the Biggest Scandal in History - Every Human on the Planet has been Ripped Off!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Its kinda sad when you look at this in a different light. Most of you people in another thread would have scorned a person down for getting a bank loan and not being able to pay on it whether it be a car note or a mortgage. Now you come in here all pissie because you see that you have been had by the big banking cartel that years ago or maybe even months ago you praised and supported.

America takes their sheeple medicine a little at a time but, the dose get up'd a little more each and every time something like this happens if America knows about it they will complain and then if Big Brother does nothing about it then America goes back to sleep. Have you noticed how it happens like that?

All I gotta say to all this is who cares and when is shiit gonna hit the fan already cuz, I'm tired of waiting and I'm tired of seeing you people get screwed in the behind time and time again and you just turn around and say OH, that wasn't so bad and you go on with your pathetic lives of watching more MSM, Idol, getting fondled more and more at the airport and your ballgames, allowing your kids to get fondled and watching them cry and telling them IT's ok, they do it for your own good, because that's what they implanted into your sheeple brains and you believe it.

Then you come on here and "purge it all up" by putting together a post just to make yourselves feel better and then you leave it all behind and become sheep again.

So, is this gonna be enough, I don't think so and they know it, they know and that's why they say nothing on MSM about it all and that's why it will be swept under the rug by big brother and that is why you will forget about it.

What would we all do anyway if the banks just shut down? It would be total pandemonium, crisis, upheaval and probably rioting, raiding, marching, ect. How would we all survive, how would you get food and how would you pay for it?

What I see happening, if anything does happen, is the bad bankers will disappear and more bad bankers taking their place and the gov saying we have it all under control now, put a few rules and laws into place to appease the public and that will be the end and isn't that how it always happens? Just look back at all the other scandals and remember what was done to correct it all and the public settled down.

and that's my rant cuz I'm a slave just like you and I got money to make so, I can give it to the cartel, mafia, ect,...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
www.first-state.net ---- not bank of America, and pays you for checking 3.1 %.... and does NOT charge for debit cards, and many other great things.. like i got trollface on my debit card=)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It's shocking but nothing new.

I watched a program here in the UK the other night, called "Secret of Our Streets" - this particular had a spotlight on Portland Street in London.

What was interesting at the end was the sneak peak into the lives of those who really run the world, the mega rich.

People who have the kind of money that is mind boggling but what was even more interesting was how they have created a hidden world inside the existing one, a layer of reality that can only be accessed if you have the means.

For example Portland Road is full of £3+ Million Pound properties, all owned by financiers (bankers etc), at the heart of London.

They need to entertain the lifestyle that goes with those properties and it's not cheap so it's no surprise that the entire financial system is designed in such a way that it provides those in a financial position the means to enslave the masses.

They are TPTB, in plain sight but it's amazing how well concealed they all are, living right next to us with the masses unaware, because they have been able to create a whole another layer of reality (if you have enough money you can do almost anything).

I think the truth would be so horrifying that the people of the world would literally revolt, probably why governments are taking military action in their own homeland and why the TPTB are desperate for a new world order (they need a big reboot to make it all happen again, why they engineer wars etc).

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Correctamundo OP S+F... Something I've been trying to drill into my friends and family who have had a Mortgage for the last 20 years, yep thats how long its been going on for. Here in the UK the Tories have tried and won to get a Parliamentary Inquiry (no judge or jury) giving banksters/traders the opportunity to bypass jail time. I am suitably P
d off about it. A bit like how they got into power Back Room Deals...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by idealord
Also, with regards to Royal Bank of Scotland which is about to be fined $233 million for its role in the Libor-rigging scandal. The bank is 82 per cent owned by the taxpayer and is said to have no power to claw back bonuses from the traders responsible. So the bank is fined for robbing taxpayers via Libor, and the fine is paid by the taxpayer.

So, they have not only taken the money and ran, they're making us pay for their party.

Thankyou, you said it all and this is the same thing that happened in 2008 and will continue to happen! The general populace gets robbed by these TBTF banks and then the populace are the ones getting taxed to keep the whole ponzi scheme afloat! This is truely insanity cause we the people allow this to continue instead of marching on these banks, corporations, media moguls and political cronies we continue to slave day in and day out just so we can have food and shelter! meanwhile every year we get less and these crooks get more! When will this insanity end? Will it ever? It wont end by laying down and burying our heads! Unless we stand up to this bully they will continue to bully us for our lunch money!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by Benchkey

You say Guillotines are too harsh? Well this cabal has ruined the economy of the world, and in each of their countries they have committed TREASON. What else do you do with people who have damaged their country is such a profound way?

What good did the french or russian revolution accomplish other than setting back the inevitable? You cut one head of a masonic hydra and two more develop the next day. We are dealing with systemic root corruption at a biblical level.

Capitalism is what enables the conspiracy and money is not the end goal. Money is a way TO BUY enough influence to set up and finish some dubious evil agenda. I can think of ufo&alien non-disclosure via an international security state which classifies absolutely anything it wants; ie no questions asked! We are dealing with a global dictatorship which is approximately 3,500 year old.

I am sure I am speaking chineese to most folks and it is futile but one must try none the less. The problem is the guillotine IS NOT CRUEL ENOUGH! When confronted with an eternal enemy you must preserve it and torture it for as long as possible. A third world prison is barely good enough for me and I mean absolute filth allowed to encourage walking critters biting the victim. I am talking electroshock therapy, punctured organs, extreme heat therapy, pulling nails, homosexual activity, etc.

Agreed! The problem is indeed systemic! As long as there is a system where we are all treated according to how much wealth we have this will continue to happen! This is an obvious fallacy of capitalism and why the only real way out is stateless communism but most of the sheeple have been brainwashed to believe that communism is something bad! Any system is corruptable but some are more so then others! This is why capitalism has survived so long because it's the easiest one to manipulate!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Beware however, that the notion that anyone in the Mainstream Media would be revealing the "quicksand" that our system is technically built upon, creates political, economic, and intellectual instability among the population.

Such bizarre turn of events leads one to become suspicious of ulterior motives or unseen agendas.
Caution must be exercised here before anyone makes any choices of exactly how to react constructively.

We need to study more, share our findings, allow the information flow to get kicked up a few more notches.
This is the best strategic approach currently, information warfare.

Also I would highly suggest utilizing and demanding that the law be upheld and that criminals be apprehended, charged, tried, and if guilty, prosecuted.

If anything is to be won, we must grasp it legitimately within our rights.
Dealing with corruption with more corruption is not the answer.
We need merciful justice, rather than vengeance.

In case you haven't seen this before...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yeah...takin' down the names....one by one.

I raise your can of Worms with a whole can of Whoopass !

Cosmic..

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
This is all the more reason to forgive all debt. It was a totally rigged system. A complete fraud.
And the fact that the U.S. media is mostly ignoring this story just goes to show how in the tank they are for corporate interests. We knew that, however, this story is just so huge - to NOT cover it causes a bit of cognitive dissonance.

To an extent, I agree with the poster on the front page who said what else is this scandal obscuring? Will the implosion of the banking sector usher in a new system even more tyrannical or oppressive? Is it any coincidence it is happening in 2012 which is thought by so many to either herald doom or an entirely new paradigm for humanity?

So many implications for this...

And just now, whenever I have finally (after years of self discipline) have cleared almost all debt.
Though I would be happy for those who are struggling.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
They are TPTB, in plain sight but it's amazing how well concealed they all are, living right next to us with the masses unaware, because they have been able to create a whole another layer of reality (if you have enough money you can do almost anything).

I think the truth would be so horrifying that the people of the world would literally revolt, probably why governments are taking military action in their own homeland and why the TPTB are desperate for a new world order (they need a big reboot to make it all happen again, why they engineer wars etc).

Yes. This is probably what G.Bush meant when he said, "If the people knew what we did, they would [chase us down in the street?] or something to that effect. And I agree with you in that they want a NWO, and might even want us to revolt.. so that they would then have the power/means to implement their warfare on us. Drones, ML, etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
They just said on the news here in the UK that there was no crimes comitted? Fraud and deception does not count for the financial servises? WTF???

They're trying to claim that because there was no specific law relating to the manipulation of the Libor, they cannot be prosecuted. But other legal professionals are pointing out that the law states that gaining a monetary advantage through deceit is fraud. There is no specific law covering Libor, but fraud still applies under standard law.

Basically, this would be like you robbing a bank, and stating that it was legal because there is no law specifically stating that is illegal for a person with legs to rob a bank.

They accept that there are laws which cover all of society, but they believe that bankers are not subject to those same laws. That is what it comes down to.

There are now moves in the UK to take action. Protests are being arranged, even by the military after 20,000 jobs were announced to go. There are groups popping up all over the place planning to start letter writing campaigns to their MP's and their banks, demanding an explanation and how they might have been affected. The plan is to send a tidal wave of complaint to disable the banks.

It's a start. But I personally think this is the one thing that could finally tip this country over the edge. It'll be interesting to see how the protests develop after this, and how the UK government now tries to push through their internet spying agenda to prevent it. I can almost guarantee they'll be working on that as a priority now.

Has Nigel Farage touched on this yet?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Bob Diamond and Mitt Romney, Google that one.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Let the elites crash the system and run to their underground bases.
I'll bring the bulldozer and start pushing dirt!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Free market economist at work, all the result of Newt Gingrich's contract on Amaerica (and the world), and people actually voted for that troll. If there is a hell, sending money to your televangelist won't save you.

That anyone who isn't worth $10M who votes for Romney is a complete moron.

Yeah Romney is the far greater evil.

Bankers have proven once again what scum they are.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Here is a bit of history for you.
The Babylonian slave queen Selene created the :
Papal, Royal, Federal Covens
"Commerce", Corporations and Bank Covens ("Merchants and Money Lenders at the Temple" in Babylon)
And Money which is "Currency"

I could go into the Occult works- in that interveiw he mentioned out the banker was waving him away with 'there is nothing to see here' that was the spell that they had been using and it isn't working anymore. I will try to minimize this; you see there was no separation of 'church' and 'state'. The 'Vatican' became sole controller. "Vater" "i" "can" is german latin saxon translated to "Father of the Kin" of El(oheim) whom the hebrew called Azaz-el. The Vatican and the Freemason are one group. This is the "War in Heaven", literally. The individuals at the TOP of these groups believe they will be rewarded for killing human beings in conquest of Earth for the Father of their branch "SET" whose sumerian name is An. And then they get the people below them, "Followers", to do this for greed and power. It is the Vatican these funds are funneled to, it has made itself the "Holy SEE"; "Executor" of the "Securities Exchange".

Money was the first pyramid scheme, created by Selene. Among Selene's other names is "Isis" so I always though that "pyramid scheme" was quite funny. Snake humor.

Money is based on electronic numbers created out of thin air, literally by these groups. You are dealing with Nephilheim at the top. Nephilheim does not mean 'offspring'.

Man is still the sole Creditor of all Commerce, it is based on your Labor and Energy and this translated to 'good will' 'credit' and worth. There is a plan in action.

The Plan is to expose these things to the population so that they will catch on, fully comprehend, what 'money' is. It is part of a SLAVERY system set up by the pharaohs. It is shearly a manufactured number, and a piece of paper. What they are did is create a system of Arbitration, pitting man against man, for this paper. While we fight, they get away.

Mankind is to return to the system we originally started with. We were an advanced civilization, despite the propaganda otherwise. We used "Acceptance for Value" and gave credit and good will towards all others in trade and commerce. We had no poverty, no shortages, no wars. All of this came with An's invasion.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Free market economist at work, all the result of Newt Gingrich's contract on Amaerica (and the world), and people actually voted for that troll. If there is a hell, sending money to your televangelist won't save you.

That anyone who isn't worth $10M who votes for Romney is a complete moron.

Yeah Romney is the far greater evil.

Bankers have proven once again what scum they are.

Yeah but voting for a democrat is not good enough when you can vote for spusa, cpusa or green party.

We have not lost democracy 100% yet, but we will eventually if ignorant morons keep voting the same way.

And if I was rich I STILL would NOT vote for a republican. Voting libertarian is a far better choice in my opinion, because you get to protect your financial fortune without supporting the out-of-control military industrial complex and the multitude of wars it requires to keep it prosperous.

Only religious nuts and billionares who support depopulation should vote republican.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsalert
SFO launches Libor investigation

and now the # is hitting the fan

The Serious Fraud Office (SFO) has confirmed that it has formally launched an investigation into the rigging of the inter-bank lending rate, Libor.

Earlier this week, it said it was considering whether criminal prosecutions would be possible.

An SFO spokesperson confirmed that a dedicated case team had now started work.

Its involvement follows an investigation by US and UK regulators into the manipulation of Libor.

After that, Barclays agreed to pay a record £290m fine for trying to rig the key interest rates, sometimes working with staff at other banks.

The SFO would say who it is investigating. Its short statement said only: "The SFO Director David Green QC has today decided formally to accept the LIBOR matter for investigation."

The SFO (as well as SOCA) are known in the criminal underworld as "Pitbulls." Once they get their teeth into you, forget it, you ARE fooked. Their first attack would have been to confiscate some passports so that may explain why Diamond (A US Citizen) is still in the UK (If I were him I would do my best impression of Jesus by RUNNING across the water!).

This is good news and will hopefully cause the other 15 senior bankers to tremble in their boots.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Let the elites crash the system and run to their underground bases.
I'll bring the bulldozer and start pushing dirt!

And I'll be driving this while yelling manically, "Don't worry guys, I GOT THIS!"

edit on 8-7-2012 by PW229 because: Typo

edit on 8-7-2012 by PW229 because: Bah, more typos...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I put a post up about the LIBOR scam last week, wondering if it was connected to to the banker resignations at the start of the year.
Straight away someone jumped on me saying that it was normal for the financial business, and that it was old news.
Now it seems that some Japanese brokers were suspended in January, in connection with LIBOR, and others were under investigation before the new year.

If I remember correctly, there were a lot of comments about rats leaving a sinking ship, at the time.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Whitney tells it straight.

More than a dozen of the world’s top banks are currently being investigated for manipulating the London Interbank Offered Rate or LIBOR which is used to set interest rates on more than $360 trillion of securities, including mortgages, student loans, credit cards, and swaps. So far, Barclays is the only bank to be fined ($453 million), but the probe is rapidly expanding meaning there will be more penalties to come. What the banks on the 16-member Libor panel are alleged to have done, is submit artificially low figures to keep the Libor rate down. The figures they submit are supposed to reflect their actual costs when borrowing from other leading banks. Many of them did not do that. They fudged the numbers to make it look like they were in better financial condition than they really were or to maximize their profits on derivative trades. By rigging rates, the banks defrauded investors out of tens of billions of dollars and grossly distorted the markets. Under the Sherman Antitrust Act, price fixing is a criminal offense. Someone needs to go to jail.

As of today, there are no reliable estimates of how much investors, mortgage holders, swaps traders etc may have lost by the rigging, although this back-of-the-envelope rundown by the Wall Street Journal is helpful: “If dollar Libor is understated as much as the Journal’s analysis suggests, it would represent a roughly $45 billion break on interest payments for homeowners, companies and investors over the first four months of this year.”

Read the rest here.

www.counterpunch.org...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join