It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Fireworks ruined my 4th of July

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
So here it is/was the 4th of July, Independence Day, The Day the Colonies Declared Independence and became The United States, the....okay you get the picture. Anyway, so we went out and bought some fireworks as it is traditional to light them off in celebration of the day. It bothered me that 90% of the fireworks for sale were made in China but I over looked this as "Its Tradition". Now the cheap stuff like poppers and fountains can only go so far Wowing the children so it costs a lot of money to keep them ooohing and awwwwing. Okay no problem "its tradition".

Among the little ground fireworks we bought were what is called "Flag Raisers" for those of you that don't know what these are they are double sided fountains where an American Flag rises between them. We bought 8(they were cheap). Okay so thats cool a pretty fountain display and our flag raising between them, you can't get more patriotic than that. So I lit one. "OOOOH PRETTY, WAIT WTF"

When the flag came up it was upside down. For those of you that don't know the significance of this, it is the "Signal for a Nation in Distress"
For those who would like to learn more here is a link to get you started: www.jeffhead.com...

So okay, it is just someone not paying attention while putting them together. I light another, another, another, all 8. UPSIDE DOWN! Now here is the thing. They were connected to a little wire tightly folded in half so that if you straightened it would be right side up, but the wire is not designed to straighten itself and I/we should not have to wait until the firework is cooled to adjust it so it is correct. I think this was done on purpose. Sorry I have no pic, I was so angry I ripped them all apart. Yah, I know my country is having issues(to put it lightly) but I do not need the Chinese making a point in my "Traditional" celebration of the birth of my country.

I'm not full of hate, In fact I like all kinds of people and its the governments I have issues with. But I think this went too far.

Edit to add: If I or my Country persons fly our flag in a distress posture thats one thing but for China to do it, its not acceptable at all[/rant]
edit on 5-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
that's weird..but at least you had fireworks! No fireworks for us..we are in severe drought...There was no city wide fireworks and if caught lighting any type of fireworks the cops are there with a 500$ ticket...so Happy 4th

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
They know we are in distress and will be backing up to the White House for a repo momentarily...

China's goods are usually very cheap for a reason, and this is a good example. While there may be some factory workers giggling about this little prank even as I type... I am not sure if it was done on purpose.

At any rate, I feel your pain. I hate buying anything that doesn't work like it should regardless of who/what made it. Money is short these days and this is like striking a match to it...oh, wait...

Only teasing.
Maybe you can get your money back from the store since they were faulty???

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Those "Chinese people" could very well have deeper roots in America than you. The country is in distress according to a good lot of people and someones race in no way shape or form should take away their voice about their country. I could go so much deeper into to why this is so ridiculously wrong but nobody would care.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I hear you and feel your pain as I had to go without 2 years straight while living in Tuscon. At least it was for a logical reason though unlike the town in Oregon who had theirs cancelled because it would disturb the birds.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The thing is they weren't faulty, they were made that way.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
When the flag came up it was upside down. For those of you that don't know the significance of this, it is the Signal for a Nation in Distress"

I believe there may be a VERY important lesson for all of us to learn from this...

You know, when I first came to America, in 1991, on the fourth of July, your Independence Day, I was in a conference scheduled to speak. As I was worshiping the Lord, I saw the heavens open before me, and the Lord Jesus Christ stood there, and He told me, "Now I am going to give you a word for this nation."

Among the three things that He showed me, they all have come to pass, but I will tell you one thing that concerns you right now: I saw the flag of America. -- You know, I have never seen a people like the Americans, who love their nation so much, and who are so patriotic about their great nation. That is good. When I traveled in your country, I used to see these huge, gigantic flags that fly so majestically in some parts of the country. I feel very proud, as if I myself was an American.

The same American flag, I saw in the heavens. But instead of flying in the right direction, it was flying in the reverse direction. And the Lord Jesus Christ was standing at the flag and knocking on the flag. And as He was knocking, I saw the words, LAST CALL flashing. Last Call was flashing and flashing.

Then the word of the Lord came unto me:

"This nation -- the flag that you see flying in the reverse direction is the heart of this nation that has turned away from righteousness, and is walking toward unrighteousness."

- by Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj (Prophet from India).
PROPHETIC MESSAGE TO THE USA CHURCH

edit on 5-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by shug7272

Had they been made in the United States by Chinese Americans that would be different but they were not. They were made in China.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The thing is they weren't faulty, they were made that way.

They are faulty if the flag was supposed to fly right side up! You PAID for the flag to fly right side up damn it!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Did you expect highest quality from the cheapest product? So you should go back to the retailer, he should bring your protest to the producer and maybe next year you might get the right version - for cheapest price, of course.

Seriously, buying the cheapest is the best way to get the most ugly, wrong or just non-functioning thing for your money. That's a fact. China is well-known for the poor quality of their cheap merchandise, so they are to blame.

Nothing deep or serious about some fireworks and a cloth, built together in a wrong way.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
They know we are in distress and will be backing up to the White House for a repo momentarily...

Why exactly is that? China barely owns any of the national debt, and the US is having no problems whatsoever making payments on the loans anyway. The private US owns far far more of the national debt than China does. Biggest creditors get first dibs, so Americans are further in line than China when it comes to collecting. More hogwash... China has nothing on us because of the amount of debt they own, it's minimal....
edit on 5-7-2012 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Maybe the Chinese were just playing a joke on you and others who bought that product. Next time buy a flag and fireworks made in America.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Firstly, I hope your lesson is well learned from buying cheap quality.

Secondly, I thought the upside down flag applies quite nicely to the current situation today in America.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Okay, I'll say it..

Pictures, or it didn't happen...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The Chinese own your country and they know it.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

For one, you mentioned the key word, cheap.
You get what you pay for.

You are speculting that they were made that way. Most likely they were made by some poor 11 year old who was getting a nickel a day and has no idea what an American flag looked like and probably made 5,000 of them that day.

Third, the Chinese discovered gunpowder, and fireworks, so I have no problem with them making my fireworks.
edit on 5-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Talking facts and sense don't get you anywhere around here. Especially if your trumping a good, mis-guided rant.

new topics

top topics

join