It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sad Realization.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's come to my attention, as I'm sure it's come to the attention of many others. Things aren't right, I'm not the first to say this, and I certainly will not be the last. I base my conclusions purely on the human experience. We are all part of it, we have all felt it, we have all contributed to it and are continuing to do so. In the entire existence of human kind, all struggles, conflicts and advancements have come from two opposing states.

We have things in our modern lives like the development of tools, surgical instruments, medicine created to change, fix or prevent other changes. When I look at it in the bigger picture, life is meant to happen the way it happens. People get cancer, people get sick, and that's the way it is. It seems a great amount of suffering and problems come from the very fact we are trying to intervene. Man was never meant to go to the moon, nor was he meant to perform complex heart or brain surgery to prolong a man's time here when life intended otherwise. I see great mysterious monuments that perplex engineers, scientists, and the common man. How did we do it? There are those that think we couldn't have done it and an outside force must have done it, but how do we know the world is how we say it is. Amazing things have come out of the power of suggestion, and equally great feats have come from minds unspoiled. How do I even know what or who I am anymore? The image, and reality we have all lived our whole lives seems to be crashing at our feet. Politicians, the media, and "society" makes decisions, and tells us what we want and that we wanted it, but we don't. I didn't vote to go to war? I don't want to see anyone suffer, or go hungry. How is this our doing, our decisions if we never had the chance to decide.

I'm so confused, and I'm sure it shows but I need to get my thoughts out, and even now as I'm typing this rant, I've lost track of what I was getting at. Our minds are so over run, and mixed up with what we have been told, and taught and what we see, observe and live. Societies over thousands of years have fought and killed one another over differences of opinions, and it always seems one side is suppressing the other, and instilling thoughts, opinions and values of there own. Sometimes they keep certain values, and ideas if they are fitting for the overall goal. In reality, does any nations, any religions, and one persons thoughts or opinions serve to suit us all? There are those deemed completely insane and locked away forever because they see the world differently. They hear voices, the experience worlds or beings that the majority of us can't but is there reality really any less valid than yours or mine?

Some days I swear, I get thoughts, feelings or emotions so intense, I could throw my head back, with my hands to the sky scream and an immense beam of energy would blast forth into the sky and outwards into the universe. Now I know, simply by acting and observing this may not be the case, but how do we know? We've been taught, told and conditioned to think such things can not, nor will they ever exist, but do they? How do we know? How do I know? I'm only 25, but I've had experiences like many others here on ATS that just don't fit with the reality we are part of. Does it exist, or do we just think it exists. I've heard it said in many stories and even in certain religions and magical practices that if we believe, or put our conscious thought and energy into something it exists. For instance, as silly as it is and a story none the less. Peter pan. tink says if you believe peter. If you really believe than it will be. Or something along those lines, but it always stuck with me. I swear some days I go through certain experiences and meet people, or go places that I have dreamt or thought up previous to experiencing them. So how do we really know? A story was made up by someone, and it exists because it was made up. Nations have been lead to war based on propaganda media and governments have said exists and so it does.

I may be coming off as a mad man, but this thought is on my mind and thus it goes in the rant, but it certainly seems a whole hell of a lot of the worlds problems and worries and woes exist because we made them. Some of them by physical interaction and others by opinion and thought. I can't help but think back on Tribes in the rainforest that have existed and survived for who knows how long just fine on their own. Happy, as healthy as they are capable living with in their own physical and mental means. I can't help but think at times how much happier I would be if things were that way. It would really be no different than it is now. I would find things to occupy my time, support those I love and care about, find things to entertain myself, and things would not seem nearly as complicated or unfair. Nature is nature, we can not change it. No matter how advanced we become we will never conquer nature or life. Yes science has lead to many understandings, and great discoveries/accomplishments in our eyes, but has it really made life any better? We may live a little longer, and we may prevent death for a short while but is living an extra 40 years depressed, stressed with an ever changing world any better in 100 years vs 50? You will still losed loved ones, you will still have regrets and concerns. What have we really gained?

Technology has allowed us to communicate on a larger scale, and share our experiences but how many of us experience the same things? How much of it really matters to us? People are starving, people are sick. Some people are homeless, others can't read or write. We hate, we love, we reproduce and we die. Yet sadly we are still killing each other for the same reasons. Nations go to war, with the exact same thought in mind. I am defending my family, I am saving you from someone else, I am trying to give you a better life. I will kill you because you are trying to kill me. This is all based on opinion, and sadly we don't all share the same opinion.

It occurred to me, not long before I started this thread perhaps we have been here for millions, billions, trillions of years, and perhaps we all came to the realization no matter what we do, we can not change life. We never will, and we never have. We have risen to great heights, and we have fallen far below. We have tried to make a difference and we have given up. Perhaps we were never intended to be where we are today, perhaps we never will get any further than we have. Perhaps the great marvels of the past, are really great accomplishments of a future pointless and long forgotten.. It's been said our minds can only remember and understand so much. It's all been done. We will never master life nor the universe, nor will we ever begin to understand it. I'll leave you with some quotes as I'm losing my thoughts and depressing myself.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? S. Holmes

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes. ghandi

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. budha

The day of individual happiness has passed. A.H.

Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise. Adolph Hitler
edit on 7/4/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
In my eyes, the whole thing can be summed up in a couple of words:

"It's a LIE"

We've been lied to since the beginning of TIME about EVERYTHING that matters!

THIS is why we have so many questions about things that we do NOT understand.

Billions of people on planet earth are living in TOTAL ignorance.

Want answers?

STOP believing the lies you have been listening to...

Shut off the SOURCE...

Are you watching TV? STOP! It is MIND CONTROL!

MOST mainstream media sources are part of a global propaganda operation that is older than civilization.

Even most of the alternative internet media has been infiltrated.

The most important things in LIFE are the very things we are afraid to talk about...

WHY? Because we have been BRAINWASHED!

Yoda: You must unlearn what you have learned. That is why you fail.

This video and my sig puts things into perspective:

edit on 5-7-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

To know who you are do what I do...stop paying attention to the news, stop watching tv/movies, and stop following fashion trends. The less you get involved in social media and listen more to yourself, the better you will understand the world and who you are. It has helped me, so I hope it helps you.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Your signature:

"Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health lawyers destroy justice universities destroy knowledge governments destroy freedom the major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality." ~ Michael Ellner

It really should be:

Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down.
Doctors destroy health,
Lawyers destroy justice,
Universities destroy freedom,
Governments destroy knowledge,
The major media distort information, and
Religions destroy spirituality. ~ SkyWatcher2011

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. budha

This quote by Budha is bullsh*t...and here is my reason why:

I agree on not dwelling on the past because you cannot change it but you can learn from it.

Concentrating the mind on the present moment is just only that. It helps you focus on the present and that's it. But dwelling on the present will not get you ahead in life.

I solely focus my thoughts and dreams of the future. I trust my mind and body will behave as I have trained it to behave. Through skills and knowledge I have learned in school and past experience (recall not dwelling, but only learning from your past), I believe my decisions may not always be the correct ones, but they will allow me to move forward in life.; Hence, if you can dream it, you can become it. Looking into the future is more important than the present because it creates a sense of excitement, creativity and adventure. It allows you to set goals at the present and push forward in life to achieving them.

In summary...dream where you want to be. Set goals in the present. Recall the past for learned experiences and precious moments in life. That's something you are ALWAYS in control of.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

I figured out I had to unlearn and revision things in my mind over and over many times because some think they know how I think, so I have had to take steps to keep Your brainwashing from working on me.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

Good Rant, seems like you're in the middle of an existential crisis. Come over to the philosophy forum and we'll give you a nice big warm mug of 'That's Life Baby'.

Seriously though, it is good to question consensus reality and the status quo - it's the first step to transcending mundane human consciosuness. Question, read, watch, observe, meditate and slowly the pieces will fall in to place.

Look at this place as your playground and try to have some fun.

Peace - Ned

PS - Take these comments as you will - It's just my little rant reply

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I actually quite like that quote, IT makes a lot of sense, and goes along with a lot of what I was thinking at the time.

Thanks to everyone for the replies, and I will actually check out the philosophy forum when I finish posting here.

As for the crisis, I've been sick for a few weeks, been to the lab almost every few days. Watching viles of blood ooze into the pre vacuum pressurized vessels. So far absolutely no cause, solution, or direction towards overcoming my ailments. Mystery illness, is always fun. As well, I've spent the free time, reading to many things online. Watching too many videos about The United States of Nazism, conquering the middle east, one greedy, corrupted, sneaky step at a time. I'm just at my whits end with it. I can't understand why we all just carry on, and yet I myself do so. I get up, consume, fall in line, make dinner, sleep, repeat. When I was healthy, I woke up, came online browsed ATS, drank my coffee, went to work, stopped at store, came home, cleaned, bathed, went online, and slept. Day in day out. Same garbage, no word out of me. Working a job I hate, for not enough money, buying what is provided for me, hearing what they want me to hear on the radio on the drive, cooking my GMO, over preserved, and altered foods and beverages, go online which is polluted as much or more than TV. Go to sleep and repeat. Day in and day out. Hating it and not knowing why, on a plethora of medication including anti anxiety and anti depressants. Wishing I could do something, anything else, but not knowing what. I don't know what I want. I've realized the things I had done aren't what I wanted to do I just do them. I've lost interest in those who continue, going to the bar, buying clothes, causing havoc, watching movies and TV, and I just read. Read read read. Wishing for something, anything but I just don't know it. Getting depressed over the mindlessness of things, the rat race, and the suffering, but such is life.

I've got a quote for you.

"Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

and on that. thank you for the reads, stars and replies.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

"Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

Now this quote I can agree with. Just like the 'Eye of the Tiger", you gotta fight to survive!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I know, Although a terribly twisted man, he did do and say some really amazing things.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When you find out that all of life is a lie and we're all just in a holodeck, things make much more sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Ilyich

Now this quote I can agree with. Just like the 'Eye of the Tiger", you gotta fight to survive!

So anyone who wants peace, automatically doesn't deserve to live. Wow - never before have I seen such stupidity.

I guess Jesus didn't (and doesn't) deserve to live. Neither does/did Gandhi, Lao-Tse, Buddha, the Zen-masters and mother Teresa.

Only warmongers deserve to live.. wow. That's so stupid that I can't even think of a comeback snappy enough to display it, because you are doing such a good job displaying it already. It's like 'feminists can't be parodied', because they do it themselves. Unbelievable...

Fighting creates wars, and war is hell. You think only people who want hell on earth deserve to live. I am glad the Universe doesn't listen to your fight-loving designations.. everyone who is alive deserves to live by default. Otherwise they wouldn't be alive.

No one who doesn't deserve to live can actually be born!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Doctors destroy health,
Lawyers destroy justice,
Universities destroy freedom,
Governments destroy knowledge,
The major media distort information, and
Religions destroy spirituality. ~ SkyWatcher2011

No, it was better and more logical the way it originally was, although written sloppily. I made some additions and corrections.

Doctors destroy Health
Lawyers destroy Justice
Universities destroy Knowledge
Governments destroy Freedom
Corporate Media destroys Information
Religions destroy Spirituality
Corporations destroy Individuality
Globalisation destroys Culture
Stupidity destroys Liberty
Mental Laziness ensures Slavery
Entertainment destroys Creativity
Jobs destroy Intelligence
Transports destroy the Air
Food destroys the Body
Calendar destroys Flexibility
Science destroys Exploration
Nuclear Energy destroys the Planet

edit on 7-7-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoujikina
Entertainment destroys Creativity

But doesn't creativity lead to entertainment? Ex. Apple products

Jobs destroy Intelligence

Intelligence creates jobs

Transports destroy the Air

Transports do not necessarily lead to a better economy, but I do agree they do pollute the environment

Food destroys the Body

Food grows the body, but garbage food (and drugs) destroy the body

Calendar destroys Flexibility

yes

Science destroys Exploration

But a scientific approach to research leads to exploration. Interference of governments in this process distorts science and denies significant evidence found through explorations to the open public to this access of information

Nuclear Energy destroys the Planet

agreed...the cons of this energy source outway the pros of nuclear energy. Ex. Fukushima

edit on 7-7-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

Don't be so dumb and actually read the meaning between the lines. We are talking about an internal fight...not a physical fight. This does not refer to waging war or beating someone up to outlive them.

What the quote means from my interpretation is that not taking action to work or fight for your beliefs means you will be conquered and enslaved by those who see another future for you. In other words, if you let others govern your very own existence without taking stronghold actions for your own beliefs, you are therefore considered a weakling in this world and will be trampled on. Hence, why not fighting to survive will ultimately result in your own death...ie. might as well die. Get it????

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

Jesus, never existed. Not one historian who wasn't christian has ever stated " Jesus Christ " Existed, I dare you to find a real historian, and references for his existence outside of a church or bible. I bet you can't, His story is a new age mock up of old egyptian sun god worship for the AGE of Pisces. Same religion, new spin, and in time he and it will phase out and into Aquarius. The sun of god, is the sun, or Godsun. Get it ? december 25th, sirius a bright star in the east, in line with 3 kings orion, point to the rising sun. Tada!!! Jesus was born. A truly virgin birth, and out of the dark a new king was born. It's really kind of interesting and fascinating to think you could look up any day and wave at jesus(the sun). As well, it makes sense, god is watching over you, he sees all you do. He ascended through the clouds and up into heaven, the sun can do that. People just take things way out of context and too literally. I know you're going to say, but they said he was a man. Well, guess what all through out history people have personified things, and objects with images to make them easier to remember or simply more interesting. Think of any " Ancient. greek or roman gods." The constellations. So why wouldn't people living in the same time frame make their " New " god in the same fashion.

Your " End times " with in the bible simply state, the end of pisces, and the beginning of aquarius. Unfortunately the way it sort of works, when the new age comes a new Age moves in, the old age is to be forgotten and the old faith destroyed and the new phase of the sun worshipped. So yes, Christianity will come to an end, or at least as you know it, unless you intend not to follow your god and new messiah into the new age.

He will rise again, born of new on december 25th, roughly 2050ish. That will be the age of Aquarius, and your new Godson will be born into the new age.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Well said! I can't help but get aggravated when people jump to obscene conclusions based on history. Just because a Man has done some bad things, doesn't mean everything he did or said was bad, nor does it mean that everything he said was related to war and destruction. I actually believe that quote came from a speech not about the war, but about the German economic struggles at the time.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't know what it is about today, or why, but I just do not want to get out of bed. I didn't go to work, I'm just laying here. I got up about 6, and It's now 10:31. I just didn't want to move, I walked to my desk and got my laptop now I'm posting this. Have I woke up? Just refused to be part of the system I hate? I've often longed to just Leave this life behind and start a new one somewhere. Whether it be in heaven, a different dimension, a new planet, a new city, in a new state of mind, just not here.

I wonder if I started right now, could I meditate my way into bliss? Or is it too late to start now? If we could just lay down our lives, and go to bed, stop consuming and just rest, would you do it? I sure feel tired lately, I think I'm going to try.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have found peace, as momentary as it may be, in knowing that I am here to experience life in all it's aspects. Good, bad, happy, sad. Richer, or poorer. I am here to experience because what use is knowledge, with out experiencing it first hand. In life we are more likely to hire those for the job, who have worked 25 years living, breathing experiencing than those who have spent 25 years reading, watching, regurgitating.

I am here, because I chose to be here. I chose to experience all aspects of this life, and the lives before and the lives that may follow.

top topics

join